photos

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by Mickelain Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hello to everyone! - We purchased a property on Las Kalendas in Fortuna last year, we are now in the process of moving permanently! 

I have some reservations about medication if anyone can advise that would be great!

My husband who is 59 retired has to take warfarin every day and in the UK he has a regular blood test taken to see what his INR is, this determines his tablet intake.  I have heard that Spain have a "walk in clinic for wararin takers" is this correct & if so can anyone advise us of where they are? Not bothered if we need to pay for these blood tests.

Many thanks

Elain

Like 0      
16 Jan 2008 8:49 PM by thenightmare Star rating in Formentera Del Segur.... 38 posts Send private message

Hi elain

This is from works and pesions web site thought it might intrest you if i can help any more please ask as i have already moved to spain.

If you are going to live, but not work, in another EEA country, you may get healthcare cover from the UK for yourself, and for any members of your family who depend on you and who go with you, under the state scheme of the other country. But this cover will only be for a limited time. How long it lasts will depend on whether you could still get UK short-term Incapacity Benefit if you claimed it. When this period ends, the UK cannot give you any more healthcare cover unless anything in sections 34-37 applies to you.

Before you move abroad, ring The Pension Service, Tyne View Park and ask for a claim pack to be sent to you.

When you get forms E106, register the forms by giving them to the authorities who run the sickness insurance scheme in the country where you live. If you have family members who cannot be issued with form E106 in their own right, they may be covered as members of your family on your own form E106, but this is a matter for the authorities in the country where you reside. Ask them if they can include your family members when your form E106 is registered.

Prior to visiting any other EEA country you will need to get a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) from the UK for your medical cover. When form E106 is issued to you, you will also be sent an EHIC Application Pack . Send the completed form to the PPA in the envelope provided.

If you start work in the country where you live you should become insured for health care under that country’s sickness insurance scheme. The forms E106 and the EHIC issued by the UK will then no longer to apply to you.

If you do not meet the rules for form E106 yourself, and cannot be covered as a member of the family of someone who you depend on and live with, you may be able to pay voluntary contributions to the state sickness insurance scheme of the country you move to. This depends on the law of that country. If not, you will have to take out private medical insurance. In most other EEA countries, you must prove that you have adequate healthcare cover before you will get a right of residence.

Previous / Contents / Next

Like 0      
16 Jan 2008 9:26 PM by Mickelain Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Many thanks for the info, I will contact Newcastle ASAP.

Looking at it, it doesn't look as though it will be a problem until after the E106 runs out! Then it will be if we can get a private health insurance that will take on someone with a warfaren problem I suppose ...........thanks anyway, I shall surf the net to see if I can find any private warfaren clinics somewhere in Spain.....if you accidently came across any I would be grateful for any info.

In the meantime it won't stop us coming over - we are due to come out for good on 7th Feb ....roll on eh?!

Thanks again

Like 0      
17 Jan 2008 9:26 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Elain

Welcome to Eye on Spain.

My mum also takes warfarin as she has had two heart valve operations already! 

We are on the Costa del Sol and when she comes over to see us I take her to a private clinic to get her INR checked.

I don't know how the state system would work but privately it's not a problem.  I think my mum paid 20 Euros every time she had her blood checked here.

Best of luck and certainly don't let the warfarin issue get in the way!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
17 Jan 2008 4:25 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hi Elain, I would have thought that you will have to go private unless you enrol on the social security system for 230 euros per month. Then you will have use of medical cover and all the hospitals. It would then be the main hospital and then you get referred to your local clinic for these tests.

As a married couple, 1 payment should cover both of you and may be cheaper than private care at your age (no offence intended) If you reply on private then you could end up paying through the nose for medical cover.

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
12 Feb 2008 8:03 PM by Mickelain Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Sorry that I haven't replied to you all since January, but we were in the process of moving across to Spain!  We arrived on 7th February and we are here to stay!

Just like Justin said the Warfarin problem is not going to stop us doing anything! We have just received our E106 and now in the process of getting it "legally stamped" and hopefully for 2yrs at least it shouldn't be any problem for Mick and his INR check.

Can I just thank you all for just taking the time out to reply to us, and if I have any other issues, I would not hesitate to write and ask for help - Many many thanks!

Mick and Elain    

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Commercials on site?? - 7 posts
Polaris World shower cubicles - 0 posts
Tax loophole Bi-cell - 12 posts
driving to spain - 0 posts
Snagging Inspections - 3 posts
Snagging inspections - 5 posts
Snagging Inspections - 11 posts
Will the Prior case result in a slump in the Spainish property market ? - 1 posts
Los Lagos - 4 posts
cheap mobile phone - 6 posts
Snagging Inspections - 2 posts
licences? - 4 posts
Solar Panels New Law - Solicitors Advice Required - 4 posts
Kindness of the Spanish. - 31 posts
petorl prices - 5 posts
A FUN THING TO DO - 41 posts
specsavers - 20 posts
What Tog Duvet ? - 7 posts
How much to renew a British Passport? - 9 posts
When is Completion? - 12 posts
Just to say hello, it's nice in spain! - 14 posts
The Big House - 2 posts
Receipts & Invoices for the UK taxman - 4 posts
What "official" things to do on next visit to Spain - 6 posts
What's the rental market like in the Marbella/Puerto Banus/Calahonda areas? - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x