Aifos

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Dec 2007 12:00 AM by Frustrated Owner Star rating in Torreblanca del Sol. 56 posts Send private message

Frustrated Owner´s avatar

I keep hearing a lot of rumours about Aifos going belly up and wondered if any of the illustrious Estate Agents on this forum know anything as fact. I have seen other forums where people are taking Class Action lawsuits against the company for various reasons, but mainly breach of contract.

I am not an Agent, Buyer or seller, just someone who would like to know if there is any foundation to any of the comments I have heard.

Any positive info would be appreciated.

Like 0      
06 Dec 2007 8:22 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Rumours about the financial stability of Aifos have been doing the rounds for as long as I can remember.  I'm sure at some point their antics will catch up with them and they will for sure suffer. 

I too would be interested to know if anyone has any concrete information.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
06 Dec 2007 8:43 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

The few I know is that they used to refund deposits without agent commissions a year ago ( still bad but not as much as now), and  now they start promising you that are taking the cancellation seriously  and forwarding it in the acounting department to just come back offering other " magnificient apartment, with maginificient facilities and views" to be completed at still high prices, right away... I am sure some of you are familiar with these proposals.

I also know for sure that their agents are hungry for sales in an unmoderate way and that... of course they have got assets to execute if a debt is officially declared by a Court Decission.

My advise is for those of you in trouble with Aifos, to initiate a serious claim soon in order to get a good position in the list of creditors and maybe ask your lawyer to ask for a preventive seizure of assets in the lawsuit.

I am afraid and sorry I cannot say anything better.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
07 Dec 2007 1:46 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Im in the ssame boat as you lot - hearing the rumours but nothing concrete.

If it helps to make minds up, a pal of mine owns a room in the Guadalpin hotel on the Golden Mile (aifos). The hotel rent it out and he is supposed to get an income from it

However on his last trip out (nov) he was told that due to all the costs and staff wages blah blah blah, they couldnt afford topay him the 18k owed, but would give him a promissory note instead!

So, I dont think its tooooooo good!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

IBI Council Tax receipt - 6 posts
Cat Transport - 4 posts
Terry Imrie - 1 posts
vistalmar sur villas - 0 posts
Ex-Pat Faux-Pas? - 9 posts
Thinking of using Parador Properties? Think Again! - 18 posts
Woodburning stoves - 3 posts
Sweet tooth in Playa Flamenca - 3 posts
Been told theres a sky set about for 500e and NO monthly ???? - 4 posts
Careful with your cases - 5 posts
dentists - 2 posts
furnishing masa properties - 5 posts
Wanted to Rent between Aguilas and Mojacar - 1 posts
Wanted 3 bed Duplex early June 2008 - 3 posts
Time Limits on Snagging Issues - 14 posts
Where can I find this sofa bed? - 6 posts
Postal Deliveries - 17 posts
Urbanisation Gardeners and pool cleaners - 0 posts
Media Scaremongering - 3 posts
Looking to buy in 2008 - 20 posts
Places to stay in Cadiz & Jerez - 9 posts
Gardens in Spain - 4 posts
Mortgage Option - 33 posts
A very happy Christmas & New Year from Morerosado - 30 posts
People power vs Orihuela Costa townhall. - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x