SPUD

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by Troythecat Star rating in Stirlingshire, soon .... 72 posts Send private message

Troythecat´s avatar

Hello  apart from our area/school searching......I was wondering if there are any matters that should/could be dealt with (we will move in 18 months to rented property before buying)?  Or are most matters dealt with once you are there?  We have a few pets to go as well.

Kind regards Margaretx

Like 0      
10 Oct 2007 4:32 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

I think find out what you need to do to transport the animals as that can take time. A couple of months before look for a rental although you may want to go to a short term let till you get to Spain and then look around for a long term year round rental. There are plenty of them so dont worry about a lack of choice - and good thing about renting is you can always move easily!

Nothing more, the rest will follow

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
10 Oct 2007 7:10 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Good point about the pets. No prob bringing them to Spain, but in case once here you have to return at short notice with them for any reason - make sure they are fully chipped, jabbed and passported. It takes time for the rabies jab, blood test & all clear to travel etc. Your vet will advise.

Have a browse around any threads about applying for your NIE - foreigner's ID number. You will need one for all sorts of things once you are resident here - banking, registering a car, buying property etc. Can take some time, so read up on it now. You may be able to apply through a UK consulate before even arriving here.

Apart from that, just hang around this forum as much as possible - by the time you move, you'll know far more about what you're doing than most of us longer-term residents did!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
10 Oct 2007 7:15 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Regarding taking pets to Spain this has been covered in here>>> Taking pets to Spain a whole boardful.

Like 0      
10 Oct 2007 7:20 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
One other thing - we want to see a photo of Troy!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
10 Oct 2007 8:46 PM by Troythecat Star rating in Stirlingshire, soon .... 72 posts Send private message

Troythecat´s avatar
  thanks from Troythecat!

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 8:33 AM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

hi margaret

I found the book "living and working in spain" by David Hampshire very helpful and it covers most things.  ( He also has another book "buying a home in spain" which you might also find helpful)  - I bought the books, but your local library may have a copy.  Just be careful about which edition they have if using the library cos things change.  I have the 7th edition of living and working in spain which was published in 2007.

If you decide to buy then shop around as i got mine online in amazon marketplace for about half the cover price!

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 11:49 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I, too, can recommend the two books that Em spoke of, as we bought these ( must haves)

Buying a Home in Spain & Living & Working in Spain both by David Hampshire. Excellent to refer to for so much, a must have. They are by Survival books.

Read part of Living & Working in Spain  .. First of all, click on this link 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Living-Working-Spain/dp/1905303033/ref=pd_sim_b_1/203-1534082-4437559

then click on actual book or you can just click here >>>> Search inside this book  then just keep clicking on book to see index & some pages to get your interest. Gives you great insight into what's inside.

There is a link to read part of Buying a Home in Spain ..  click on this link

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Buying-Home-Spain-David-Hampshire/dp/1901130193/ref=pd_sbs_b_4/203-1534082-4437559 then click on actual book as before.

If you buy both books together from Amazon you'll pay £19.54 plus P&P which is a great price. About four years ago same books cost us £11.95 & £12.95

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 11:54 AM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

hi margaret

just read the news about the 3,000 live chickens on the A80 around your neck of the woods - maybe Troy the Cat could bring you one home for your tea!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/7038953.stm

What a fiasco!

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 12:05 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Pepsi's on her way to round them up too, Em.

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 2:06 PM by Troythecat Star rating in Stirlingshire, soon .... 72 posts Send private message

Troythecat´s avatar

thanks Em and morerosado, I have "buying a home in Spain" by D Hampshire but it's 2005!  I better update this

So weird you should send me that post....I got stuck in a long line of traffic jam on that road today then took a diversion, just read your post and realised what the problem had been!  Small world!  that's what I get for listening to good old Elton on CD instead of the radio which would have forewarned me about the jam

Kind regards

Margaret

P.S Troy prefers salmon, he's a bit of a snob.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Filipino In Need of Advice - 0 posts
LONG LET NEEDED - 3 BED IN PLAYA FLAMENCA - 2 posts
CYCLING - 0 posts
On a diet - 23 posts
Questions for anybody who made the move with children - 10 posts
Watching Chelsea in Spain - 1 posts
Salvador Artesano - 24 posts
Advise please on renting in a community - 6 posts
Help! - we've been told we cannot rent ou our apartment! - 3 posts
TECNOLOGIA URBANISTICA - 151 posts
españaexpo 07 - 3 posts
selling spanish property - 16 posts
Los Alcazares - 5 posts
Fiscal help... Gestor? - 10 posts
bus train travel - 2 posts
Santa Ana Del Monte Jumilla Golf - 0 posts
IKEA Malaga - 45 posts
Selling off-plan apartment - no guarantees? - 5 posts
shirley1 - 1 posts
Anyone been to Jerez recently - 0 posts
For everyone... - 1 posts
Urgent protest action required...Monarch Flights, Gatwick-Granada - 10 posts
one bed apartment for holiday/short term lets IN PLAYA FLAMENCA - 1 posts
Diving Schools - 1 posts
where to buy a computer - 18 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x