where to buy a computer

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

I am wanting to buy a computer prior to getting the internet installed. I am in the

area of  Rojales, can anyone tell me where the nearest P C CITY is, or recomend

a suitable place to buy one.

coolyes

Like 0      
07 Oct 2007 8:31 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar
There is a billboard for PC City quite close to Alicante Airport

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 12:04 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

08 Oct 2007 1:31 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi formentera

When you buy your computer, make sure you ask for the software in ENGLISH

Many people I know have bought a computer in Spain and are miffed when they switch it on!

Rgds,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 8:14 AM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

jfj´s avatar
PC City charge ridiculous prices for their products. I personally would avoid them at all costs.

If you want to have the software in English, you might want to consider ordering from Dell. If you order over the phone you can get everything you need in English.
If you decide to buy from a local guy, please make sure that you get a licenced version of Windows - make sure there is a sticker with the licence key stuck to the
computer, and that you get the installation CD in it's original packaging. So many of our customers have been caught out by that (not by us obviously)

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 8:30 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

I don't understand. Windows allows for a variety of languages. Can't you just change it anyway?

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 4:41 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Spanish keyboards are different as well. Up to you of course, but may take some getting used to. Definitely avoid unlicensed software etc., you will not be able to get any updates, leaving yourself vulnerable to viruses etc.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 4:45 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Roberto

As you say, Spanish keyboards are different as my friend found to her annoyance. She thought she'd treat her husband to a laptop when they moved to Spain. She hadn't realised It has a Spanish keyboard. Question marks are upside down for one.

Hi formentera costa.... I've sent you a PM.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 10/8/2007.

Like 0      
09 Oct 2007 2:51 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar

PC City charge ridiculous prices for their products

As they are part of the Dixons group that owns PC world in the UK that doesn't surprise me at all

Like 0      
09 Oct 2007 3:27 PM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

jfj´s avatar
Exactly conrad!

Like 0      
09 Oct 2007 3:36 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar

jfj

I quite like going in to the local PC World in Milton keynes and as I am in the world of Technology find it great fun listening to the crap some of the sales people come out with especially in the area of wireless they really have no clue what so ever

Like 0      
09 Oct 2007 3:41 PM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

jfj´s avatar
Tell me about it.

I was in PC City in Roquetas one day and heard an English couple asking advice about buying a CD-burner. Obviously the sales guy recommended the most expensive one - once he left them too it, I quickly ran over to the couple and advised them to buy another brand.

Like 0      
09 Oct 2007 3:54 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar

They will also try to sell you the own brand one as well due to the better commission

Best one i listened to was someone asking about a wireless broadband router with modem and the sales guy said this one will do and handed them a cable only one without a modem the sales guy then went away and I quickly said don't have that one its for cable only

Like 0      
09 Oct 2007 3:56 PM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

jfj´s avatar
As far as I'm concerned, you should only go to PC World/City if you know what you're looking for - and even then it's better to buy over the internet.

Like 0      
09 Oct 2007 6:31 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

We went to PC World in UK and bought a laptop........................and I'd NEVER deal with them again. Too much hassle to go into, but when then dam thing broke, we bought a 'proper' computer in Spain, complete with Spanish keyboard and no problema!!!

There is no pound sign but I have a € sign!! I have a   ñ   and an upside down ¿  but I have a   ?   as well !!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
09 Oct 2007 6:35 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

You can borrow my £ sign, Karen. I've a € too.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 10/9/2007.

Like 0      
09 Oct 2007 6:37 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Thanks More, but I live here so I don't need one !!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
09 Oct 2007 6:42 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

So how much did you pay for the PC in the UK, Karen? Now what are you going to do?!

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
09 Oct 2007 10:24 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Can't remember how much the lap top was Roberto, but when the back light went, they wanted 200 quid to sort it so that is why we bought a 'proper' computer.

Then we sold the lap top ( with a complete list of the fault ) on e bay for 105 pounds!

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Help With Polaris World - 5 posts
Newsletter drop down Banner - 1 posts
All i read is moan,moan Has no one brought and is HAPPY - 30 posts
Purchase fees,advice needed. - 1 posts
GP Needed ? any suggestions - 1 posts
bankers draft rip off - 21 posts
just to say hi, - 5 posts
I dont know where to start, help! - 36 posts
12th october - 4 posts
All seems to have gone pear shaped - 179 posts
Driving to almeria - 7 posts
Cortijos de la Bahia, Casares by developer El Arco de Marbella SL - 0 posts
New Member - 1 posts
already posted in the short term one by mistake. rental within 30 mins of airport required - 4 posts
long term rental required within 30 minutes of alicante/murcia airport - 8 posts
Completion 'check list' - 2 posts
Steps to get your children into State Schools in Spain - 9 posts
ICE-RINKS - 2 posts
The rental business in Spain needs to be regulated - 9 posts
Private Messages problem - 2 posts
Importing car from outside Europe - 5 posts
hello im new to this forum - 0 posts
Debonair Air Conditioning - 3 posts
Caleta Paraiso - 3 posts
Maintenance service - San Cayetano - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 19

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x