Key Safe

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Apr 2022 6:13 PM by Sals Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hello, thank you for adding me to this forum.

I wondered if anyone knows of a way to keep keys in a key safe so that it is outside of the complex?  I realise that you can have a key safe outside your own apartment, but am not sure how guests would then gain access to the actual complex other than using an agent.  

Thanks.

Like 0      
27 Apr 2022 8:15 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

We have a keyholder on our urbanisation who keeps the property aired and has a quick clean every now and again while we are not there. Our guests used to get the keys from them. DO you have any friends on your site that could do the same? We also occasionally used to charge a deposit for the keys and send them by Special Delivery and expect the same in return for a deposit refund, perhaps that is an option also (if your guests are from the UK that is).

Like 0      
27 Apr 2022 10:07 AM by Sals Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi Markfish... Thanks for the information.  It's something to keep in mind.  I know they are operating keynest in the major cities in Spain and it would be great if something like that happened in the Mojacar area.

Like 0      
27 Apr 2022 12:56 PM by dcp21 Star rating in Mold. 26 posts Send private message

Be very careful if purchasing a keysafe as many are shockingly easy to open without knowing the code. A quick search on Youtube of "How to open a keysafe" may surprise you. 

Like 2      
27 Apr 2022 1:51 PM by Sals Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Thanks dcp21, I will

Like 0      
27 Apr 2022 6:57 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Our apartment is just up the road from Mojacar in Puerto Rey. Our keyholder has some frineds in Mojacar that offer a similar service, I can ask him for details for you if you want?

Mark

Like 1      
30 Apr 2022 7:36 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

I was informed by our insurance agent that the use of the key safes fixed on the outside of the property would more than likely invalidate a claim should the safe be broken into.  Check with insurance company and get any reply in writing.  Good luck.

This message was last edited by Jimbofinn on 4/30/2022.

Like 1      
30 Apr 2022 10:53 PM by Sals Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Thanks Markfish...That would be great thank you.  

Like 0      
12 May 2022 10:30 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Sorry for the delayed reply, my keyholders have been on holiday. I asked the question and unfortunately, the keyholder's friends are not taking on any new clients at the moment. Sorry it's not better news.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Enquiries - 1 posts
Sea Crossing to Spain - 1 posts
Bichon Frise for sale - 0 posts
Spanish taxes and British taxes - 5 posts
Receiving proceeds of a sale - 1 posts
Selling in Spain - 1 posts
Recent airport experiences - 4 posts
International AVAAZ petition - 35 posts
Wanted Estepona Centro Apartment for 6 months from October 2022 - 0 posts
Carlos Marin - 0 posts
Finally back to Spain - 4 posts
Help needed…. - 2 posts
CostaLuz lawyers got my money back! - 1 posts
Non lucrative visa - 34 posts
baldy - 23 posts
Builder required - 5 posts
Buying in Moraira - any advice please? - 9 posts
Returning to UK with Spanish sale proceeds - 0 posts
Weather in Jan & Feb - 5 posts
UPVC Doors - Fuengirola - 0 posts
Best places to eat in Moraira & Javea area in Feb & Mar? - 1 posts
Extortion tactics from builder - 21 posts
Eye on Spain see my email address as invalid - 1 posts
Was it hard for you to get used to live in Spain? - 5 posts
Corvera, Huma, Inversiones Manymar, Socribo, Sol Mijas--CostaLuz Lawyes new won cases - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x