Recent airport experiences

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Mar 2022 3:46 PM by amogles Star rating in El Campello (holiday.... 174 posts Send private message

Has anybody any recent experiences on arriving at Alicante airport.

I haven't been for a while but when I was there (about a years ago) they were being quite pedantic and slow at checking everybody's COVID certification which meant, being one of the last people off the plane, I came within a hair's breadth of missing the last bus.

Are they still doing that or have they become more efficient?

Like 0      
28 Mar 2022 6:31 PM by dcp21 Star rating in Mold. 25 posts Send private message

Came in from UK at 2200 last night. Plane parked just away from terminal so bused to arrivals. No issue and less walking for us. Passport pretty quick, 5 - 10 minutes and COVID checks very efficient 5 mins. Staff were very friendly and helpful. My wife walks pretty slow so we were by means first in the queue. I've probably got 10 stamps in my passport, they didn't even try to add up my days in Spain! You won't have any issues. 

Like 1      
01 Apr 2022 4:42 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

when we came off the plane, wearing masks all the journey and distanced, we were thenherded on to the bus at the terminal. Crammed together. A few passangers refused to get on the bus. That was back in December mind you.

This message was last edited by johnmcmahon on 4/1/2022.

Like 1      
20 Apr 2022 5:11 PM by amogles Star rating in El Campello (holiday.... 174 posts Send private message

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

On arriving at Alicante everything was OK. There was a bit of a queue and a jostle as they checked QR codes but they did it efficiently and the queue moved quickly. My QR code scanned on the first attempt and I was waved through, but my wife's didn't scan for some reason (even though we had filled in our forms at the same time) so they asked to see the original certificate and were fine with that.

On the way back there were no checks whatsoever.

This message was last edited by amogles on 4/20/2022.

This message was last edited by amogles on 4/20/2022.

Like 1      
29 May 2022 10:02 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Just come back from Almeria after a visit. On entering the country, passport control was swift, with only one queue for all nationals. On exiting that area there were rows of cameras and people asking for covid vaccination certificates.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

International AVAAZ petition - 35 posts
Wanted Estepona Centro Apartment for 6 months from October 2022 - 0 posts
Carlos Marin - 0 posts
Finally back to Spain - 4 posts
Help needed…. - 2 posts
CostaLuz lawyers got my money back! - 1 posts
Non lucrative visa - 34 posts
baldy - 23 posts
Builder required - 5 posts
Buying in Moraira - any advice please? - 9 posts
Returning to UK with Spanish sale proceeds - 0 posts
Weather in Jan & Feb - 5 posts
UPVC Doors - Fuengirola - 0 posts
Best places to eat in Moraira & Javea area in Feb & Mar? - 1 posts
Extortion tactics from builder - 21 posts
Eye on Spain see my email address as invalid - 1 posts
Was it hard for you to get used to live in Spain? - 5 posts
Corvera, Huma, Inversiones Manymar, Socribo, Sol Mijas--CostaLuz Lawyes new won cases - 4 posts
High Water Bills in Javea Spain - 1 posts
The BREXIT has it affected you living in Spain - 0 posts
Tests4You - Bad experience - 11 posts
Driving in Spain UK licence - 5 posts
Revolut account - 0 posts
Eurona - how to end your contract? Help - 4 posts
Proposal for Community to supply phone, TV and internet. - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x