Ridiculous expensive car hire prices.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Oct 2021 10:15 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

What's wrong with Spanish car hire companies ..why are they charging stupidly high prices ...I have been trying to book a 15 day car hire and I am getting quotes for around €900 along with charging you double for a full tank of fuel  ..for the same period of time my local car hire company in the UK is charging £450 .. these stupidly high prices that the likes of Do You Spain car hire is charging is not going to help the Spanish tourism at all.

Like 0      
05 Oct 2021 12:22 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

This is an absolute mystery. Prices seem to be back to near normal next year. Probably better, for now, to use a taxi, from Alicante airport to Orihuela Costa about €50. Walk to the shop and restaurant.

Like 1      
05 Oct 2021 12:42 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I have rented a car for 15 days next week, paid 286.01 € = £244.85 exchange rate was 1.168, including their insurance, Seat Ibiza, might have ears and filled with hay when I turn up to collect....Just checked the same site, you all know which one, and the same car, same amount of days come to just over 1000€...Are they having a laugh or what? Have to wait and see how this pans out now.

Like 0      
05 Oct 2021 8:11 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Haven't hired a car for a few years now, I use the shuttle bus, but I used hirecarsinspain before. Worth a punt as they do all inclusive too.

Mark

Like 0      
04 Nov 2021 5:55 PM by Sandbanks Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I booked a car for 30 days over Christmas and New Year Period, the cost was c.€350 for a Fiat 500. I noticed recently that some car hire companies are now charging c.€1000 for similar car and same dates !

Perhaps it would be cheaper to buy a small car ???

Like 0      
05 Nov 2021 10:27 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Further to my earlier post about me renting a car for 286.01€,....£244.85 sterling with exchange rate, yes all went well, turned out to be a new Opel Corsa Diesel, 400klm on the clock. I took a video of the complete car on pick up because I had never used this company before, took it back okay, the car hire chap went all around it, okayed it, so hopefully will know when the credit card statement comes in if any other charges have been put on it, so far so good.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Endesa email regarding lower tax due to high prices. - 1 posts
Community administrators - 7 posts
Blocking a rental license - 18 posts
210 Form - 4 posts
Casares - 3 posts
ending a rental contract early - 7 posts
Utilities when selling a house - 7 posts
Two months rental required Torrevieja - 1 posts
Will criminal record affect job prospects - 1 posts
parking at malaga airport - 4 posts
Villa to rent in Alicante - Costa Blanca - Spain - 0 posts
external drive vs usb - 5 posts
Form 210 - 3 posts
Cost of prescriptions issued by Spanish GP - 3 posts
Capital Gains Tax rollover relief - 1 posts
Day 2 test arriving Scotland - 1 posts
AGM - 3 posts
Name incorrect on NIE Document - 3 posts
AZ vaccine UK - 4 posts
TIE deadline for British Residents? - 9 posts
All won cases in 2021-Costaluz Lawyers - 0 posts
Problem with Endesa gas contract - 8 posts
Costaluz Lawyers, Testimonials - 1 posts
Dual/ triple nationality - 11 posts
Testimony - Costaluz Lawyers - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x