Utilities when selling a house

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Sep 2021 9:12 PM by daisydo Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I am selling a house in Anderlucia, can I get my water and elecricity cut off to save standing charge as the house will be unoccupied till sold , any advice.

Like 0      
09 Sep 2021 8:28 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Hello daisy and welcome to EOS.

It is not possible to answer your question. You need to contact your own utilities company which will each have its own disconnection policy and charges.

There are now more than 50 electricity companies active in Spain's electricity market. There are a total of 15 Basin Agencies in Spain.

Like 0      
10 Sep 2021 2:47 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

Warning do not get the water or electric cut of as it will cost around €500 to have them reinstated...the prospective buyers will insist they are reconnected by you before they pay for the property.

Like 0      
10 Sep 2021 10:18 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Yes, windtalker is right. It costs a lot to get the utilities put back on. And if your solicitor does it for you it would probably add more like €800 to the bill. The buyers will have to pay to get it put in their name anyway so I doubt they'd want to pay the connection fees as well.

Like 2      
11 Sep 2021 1:28 PM by daisydo Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi thanks for reply, the only thing i am worried about is as we are in the uk anyone could use the house and we would end up paying bills,the house could take a long time to sell. So would it be beter to stop paying standing charge and offer a contribution to get the utilities reinstated.

Like 0      
12 Sep 2021 2:38 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Hi Daisy

That’s a slightly different story. If it’s squatters you fear and not the costs of standing charges why not get an electrician to disconnect the electricity and remove the trip switches. Also, switch off the water at the mains, remove the mains tap handle, and disconnect the inlet pipe.

Like 0      
13 Sep 2021 11:09 AM by daisydo Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thank You Kavanagh will consider your point.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Two months rental required Torrevieja - 1 posts
Will criminal record affect job prospects - 1 posts
parking at malaga airport - 4 posts
Villa to rent in Alicante - Costa Blanca - Spain - 0 posts
external drive vs usb - 5 posts
Form 210 - 3 posts
Cost of prescriptions issued by Spanish GP - 3 posts
Capital Gains Tax rollover relief - 1 posts
Day 2 test arriving Scotland - 1 posts
AGM - 3 posts
Name incorrect on NIE Document - 3 posts
AZ vaccine UK - 4 posts
TIE deadline for British Residents? - 9 posts
All won cases in 2021-Costaluz Lawyers - 0 posts
Problem with Endesa gas contract - 8 posts
Costaluz Lawyers, Testimonials - 1 posts
Dual/ triple nationality - 11 posts
Testimony - Costaluz Lawyers - 1 posts
General info on buying process - 10 posts
Engineer that sets up security system - 3 posts
Data collecting with AI - 2 posts
A good optician needed - 0 posts
Alarm and cctv system regulation - 3 posts
Should I reuse/ resell my baby camera? - 8 posts
The Flood Gates are Opening... - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x