Comparison of new versus previous electricity rates

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Jul 2021 10:39 PM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

Having just received my June bill, I have made a comparison between the new and old rates etc. I am with one of the offshoots of Iberdrola at 5.75kwh in the north Costa Blanca. I post this for information only.

In May I used 229 Kwh and was charged for power etc, €64.30 which is 0.280786 per Kwh

In June I used 202 Kwh and the charge is €57.35, which gives 0.283911 per Kwh (taxes included)

Usage was somewhat regardless of time of day, so attention to timing may be worth it,or not.

This message was last edited by marcbernard on 02/07/2021.

This message was last edited by marcbernard on 02/07/2021.

Like 0      
03 Jul 2021 8:43 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Ours has gone shooting down, from a norm of between 65 to 75 euro a month down to 46.70 for June. 

The big change is that the contracted power (we are also on 5.75Kw) is now charged at different rates prime and non prime. The cost of electricity itself has gone up slightly per Kwh used but the contracted power rate has come way down at certain times of the day. We are on the choose your 8 hours tariff and very pleased with the new charges.

Like 0      
03 Jul 2021 11:02 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

The reduction in your electricity bill is basically down to the Spanish government reducing the amount of VAT it charges .. electricity in Spain still remains one of the most expensive per KW across the EU.

Like 0      
03 Jul 2021 2:28 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Windtalker, are you sure about that? VAT on my latest invoice (Date of issue 30th June, 2021) still shows 21%

Like 0      
03 Jul 2021 3:03 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Ours for this month shows reduced IVA at 10%. However, that only drops the bill by about €6 from the previous bill.

Contract charges per Kw per day reduced from €24.81 down to €14.71 at peak 0.1022 and off peak at 0,00447. 

Like 0      
03 Jul 2021 8:27 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

You are correct mariedav, it must start in July. Sorry windtalker you were right, should never have doubted your knowledge.yes

This message was last edited by Kavanagh on 03/07/2021.

Like 0      
04 Jul 2021 12:31 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

Was concerned about some of the price per kw figures and thought an error until I read post from mariedav.

Our Capacity charge has gone down from 0.13698 to 0. 098579 ( peak ) and 0.004578 ( off peak )

Whilst energy charge increased from 0.14844 to 0.155011

Even with VAT for us remaining @ 21% ( having a potencia of almost 14.) and not changing our habits of usage, we have succeeded in almost halving our bill.

Long may it continue.

Like 1      
09 Jul 2021 6:54 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Looking at my current energiaXX1 bill, my daily rate has reduced from 0.82€ per day to 0.64 per day. I can't comment on the actual usage costs though as there has been none for the past 12 months!! Still, a 10€ per month (ish) saving is better than a kick in the teeth smiley

Like 0      
05 Aug 2021 5:32 PM by Vladlen Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hey!

Well, personally, I felt a noticeable change in the electricity tariff.

Although my IVA data also shows only 10%.

But did you know that the new tariff will cut electricity bills by 3.4% for 19 million consumers?

By avoiding using the devices at the same time, you can still save up to € 300 per year!

Therefore, I am certainly pleased with such changes and new tariffs.

Like 0      
05 Aug 2021 9:04 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Hello Vladlen

When did or does the 10% IVA start. My last bill.

BILLING PERIOD: 22/06/2021 - 22/07/2021

ISSUE DATE: 27th July, 2021

IVA 21% s/206,41 € 43,35 € TOTAL

Like 0      
05 Aug 2021 9:17 PM by dcp21 Star rating in Mold. 26 posts Send private message

Kavanagh, My billing period 23/6 to 25/7 was issued 28/7. IVA 10%. Pretty sure my part June bill was at 10% also

Like 0      
06 Aug 2021 8:59 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

IVA has been reduced to 10% from the 1st June but only for those whose contracted power is less than 10KW.

And it's only on the energy charge, not the power provided or the equipment rental charges.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2021 3:04 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

10% on my recent bill too, 22nd June- 25 July.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2021 4:10 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Thank you all. It’s my fault for not doing correct research. You need to have a maximum capacity of no more than 10 kW to get the reduced IVA. I am over the limit at 13kW because when I bought the villa 14 years ago it had 10 electric storage heaters. After the first bill I switched them off at the mains. I will now try and get the capacity reduced to 6 kW.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Advice wanted Inflatable Hot Tub Costa del Sol Nerja/Malaga region - 1 posts
Green A4 Certificate to TIE - 6 posts
travel between Spain and Portugal - 5 posts
Change of name in Spain - 2 posts
Santa Ana - 0 posts
Change of buying party and extension to timetable - what are a seller’s rights? - 6 posts
Cost of living. 2021 - 58 posts
Buying in condado de alhama - 3 posts
Timing Application for Permanent Residence - 1 posts
My Spanish Story - 0 posts
Gone in 30 minuets, car taken by police - 28 posts
Rustic property in La Marina village, Alicante - 6 posts
Vaping in Spain - 4 posts
All won cases by Costaluz Lawyers so far in 2021 - 5 posts
internet connection speed ?. - 1 posts
Where in Valencia? - 12 posts
Well done NHS, again - 2 posts
car parts - 0 posts
Crossing into France - 11 posts
Xe now make a charge for smaller amounts - 0 posts
Cadiz or San Fernando? Why are these not usually mentioned? - 5 posts
Current requirements at Alicante Airport When Arriving from Gatwick On Testing - 3 posts
Dog friendly hotel - 0 posts
Accessible rental properties - 1 posts
Thinking of moving to Spain - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x