Does your occupation matter when it comes to dating?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Jul 2021 6:05 PM by vicban05 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi guys! Quick question, do ladies care about a man's occupation? So the backstory is: I met this girl online and we hit it off right away. ButI tried to ask her out she told me that she likes my personality, but prefers dating a guy who works in the office. I think she said that it's because an office job sounds more "formal and stable"? I'm a system integrator, and personally I think it's a a quite decent job and I make enough money. Anyways, what are your thoughts? 

Like 0      
08 Jul 2021 6:16 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

The lady has politely dumped you mate...take a tip from me get you glad rags on go out and  talk to real people...in the old days it was referred to as socializing...you will enjoy it trust me.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 09/07/2021.

Like 1      
09 Jul 2021 5:18 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Next time, tell her you joined a forum about expat life in Spain specifically to get dating advice. Never fails for me laughheart

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 1      
09 Jul 2021 5:30 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

WIND UP

Like 2      
09 Jul 2021 8:21 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

Mmmmm,. Methinks this guy could actually be looking for potential dates / partners on this forum.One wonders?

This message was last edited by Jimbofinn on 09/07/2021.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2021 3:35 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Mmmmmmm...must be a sucker for punishment then!

But I doubt it as you never know the gender, orientation, status etc - but possibly it may improve the quality the posts?  Perhaps that's wishful thinking.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2021 4:11 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

Don't give up !  Faint heart never won fair lady. Send her flowers and gifts. Tell her you love and adore her. Ask her to marry you. Promise her the earth and deliver it to her feet while giving her a toe job. That's what I say !

Like 1      
18 Oct 2021 4:50 PM by vikirey Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

As for me, ladies don't care about man's occupation, because we have our own deals which must be solved and waste time for man's occupation is unlogical. 

I prefer communicating with some guys online. And this is really much interesting.

Like 1      
24 Oct 2021 2:21 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2328 posts Send private message

Before you asked her out did you ask her how much she charges? I mean you know like is it a 50 for a nifty or more? Did you get a picture of her? Because I do know someone that did much the same, years ago and in another country, we saw the picture and the lady was beautiful, when they did eventually meet it looked like Granny turned up.

This message was last edited by baz1946 on 10/24/2021.

Like 1      
26 Oct 2021 12:21 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

Tell her you're Deputy Director and Head of Systems Integration.

Accidently mention that you don't know how the new guys manage of a quarter of your salary.

Pick her up in a classic Farrari and ask her if she would like to go to watch the Polo.

This message was last edited by tteedd on 10/26/2021.

Like 0      
06 Jan 2022 6:57 PM by Casered Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

That was just a reason to get rid of you. Maybe she didn't like you, but she didn't want to tell you not to offend. This is not a good reason to turn down a boy, especially since you have a pretty good job and a good salary.

Like 0      
10 Sep 2022 3:04 AM by Sulare Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

I would say it absolutely matters to a point. If you're working in fast food or as a waiter and trying to date a professional woman, she might not be into that. But as others have said, this was probably just an excuse in this case. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Comparison of new versus previous electricity rates - 13 posts
Advice wanted Inflatable Hot Tub Costa del Sol Nerja/Malaga region - 1 posts
Green A4 Certificate to TIE - 6 posts
travel between Spain and Portugal - 5 posts
Change of name in Spain - 2 posts
Santa Ana - 0 posts
Change of buying party and extension to timetable - what are a seller’s rights? - 6 posts
Cost of living. 2021 - 58 posts
Buying in condado de alhama - 3 posts
Timing Application for Permanent Residence - 1 posts
My Spanish Story - 0 posts
Gone in 30 minuets, car taken by police - 28 posts
Rustic property in La Marina village, Alicante - 6 posts
Vaping in Spain - 4 posts
All won cases by Costaluz Lawyers so far in 2021 - 5 posts
internet connection speed ?. - 1 posts
Where in Valencia? - 12 posts
Well done NHS, again - 2 posts
car parts - 0 posts
Crossing into France - 11 posts
Xe now make a charge for smaller amounts - 0 posts
Cadiz or San Fernando? Why are these not usually mentioned? - 5 posts
Current requirements at Alicante Airport When Arriving from Gatwick On Testing - 3 posts
Dog friendly hotel - 0 posts
Accessible rental properties - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x