Change of buying party and extension to timetable - what are a seller’s rights?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Jun 2021 11:08 AM by Edze Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

We are selling a house. The buyer signed the arras in his own name and paid the deposit, via the agent who deducted 50percent of the commission plus IVA. The buyer is now wanting to change to buying through a foreign(French) company. We do not object to this but getting the French company recognised means that completion date is likely to be passed. What are my rights? Can I simply walk away and keep the deposit monies? Can I ask for compensation if I agree to extend the timetable? We have been put to expense in moving out of the house, renting a property etc etc

Like 0      
25 Jun 2021 2:42 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

How much more time do the buyer's want you didn't say..you said that you had to move out into a rented property so you could complete the sale of your property ... surly you would need to rent anyway so why the big fuss over maybe a few weeks at most ... when you have a buyer hooked in these difficult Covid times.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 25/06/2021.

Like 0      
25 Jun 2021 3:12 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Hello Edze and welcome to EOS

The purpose of a deposit contract is to legally set out the terms, conditions and rights of the buyer and seller. Why are you asking EOS members who have never seen the contract ‘’ What are my rights?’’.  If you do not understand the contract perhaps consider going back to the person who drafted it for clarification.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2021 9:37 PM by gill_malouf Star rating in Stockport, Cheshire. 201 posts Send private message

Kavanagh you seem to know so much about legal issues! 

I assume that the contract that your talking about Edze is a standard one? If there is a set completion date and it goes beyond that I suspect you would have the upper hand. Are you not using a conveyancing solicitor? I know it's hard to know just who to trust.

Like 0      
28 Jun 2021 2:53 AM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

There is no such thing as a standard contract. Terms and conditions in a contract can vary. However a contract can be challenge in a legal court as being unfair, and that would be for a judge to decide and give his/her ruling.

‘’Suspect’’ is not a useful comment from anyone who has not seen the contract and is not legally qualified to give advice on such matters.

Like 0      
28 Jun 2021 6:53 AM by gill_malouf Star rating in Stockport, Cheshire. 201 posts Send private message

But you have not mentioned if your an expert in any field??

Like 0      
28 Jun 2021 8:07 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

You can put what ever you like in a contract as long as Both parties agree to the clauses..so basically no such thing as a standard contract.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Cost of living. 2021 - 58 posts
Buying in condado de alhama - 3 posts
Timing Application for Permanent Residence - 1 posts
My Spanish Story - 0 posts
Gone in 30 minuets, car taken by police - 28 posts
Rustic property in La Marina village, Alicante - 6 posts
Vaping in Spain - 4 posts
All won cases by Costaluz Lawyers so far in 2021 - 5 posts
internet connection speed ?. - 1 posts
Where in Valencia? - 12 posts
Well done NHS, again - 2 posts
car parts - 0 posts
Crossing into France - 11 posts
Xe now make a charge for smaller amounts - 0 posts
Cadiz or San Fernando? Why are these not usually mentioned? - 5 posts
Current requirements at Alicante Airport When Arriving from Gatwick On Testing - 3 posts
Dog friendly hotel - 0 posts
Accessible rental properties - 1 posts
Thinking of moving to Spain - 7 posts
Short term rental required - 9 posts
Dog EU passports - 2 posts
Fake news...hope so - 20 posts
All won cases for you by CostaLuz Lawyers in 2021 - 0 posts
Contact lenses subscription in Madrid, Spain as Boots UK are going to stop my service - 4 posts
Costa del sol or Costa Calida - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x