NIE following marriage

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Nov 2020 5:22 PM by pumpkin Star rating in Essex & San Cayetano. 110 posts Send private message

pumpkin´s avatar

Can anyone help please? Following my marriage last month I need to know what exactly I need to do to get my NIE number changed/reissued in my married name.

I am permanently resident in the UK and in the next few weeks will be applying for a new passport in my married name. 

TIA

Like 0      
20 Nov 2020 5:07 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Although I assume you want to change your name, but I guess you know that is just a tradition in uk and not a legal requirement.

My wife and I  live in spain where technically one cannot change their name, although brits do it.

My wife changed the name in her Filipino passport and applied for residence status in Spain in that name 

Her surname is now in the Spanish style, her maiden name and my surname. So, like Spanish couples we have different surnames.

Like 0      
20 Nov 2020 5:07 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I assume you want to change your name, but I guess you know that is just a tradition upon marriage in uk and not a legal requirement.

My wife and I  live in spain where technically one cannot change their name, although brits do it.

My wife changed the name in her Filipino passport and applied for residence status in Spain in that name 

Her surname is now in the Spanish style, her maiden name and my surname. So, like Spanish couples we have different surnames.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 20/11/2020.

Like 0      
20 Nov 2020 5:57 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

To change the name on an NIE certificate you have to apply all over again. You will retain the same number as it is for life but they will change the certificate.

Like 0      
20 Nov 2020 9:09 PM by pumpkin Star rating in Essex & San Cayetano. 110 posts Send private message

pumpkin´s avatar

Thank you for your replies. As we are permanent residents of the UK I will need to change my passport to reflect my new name as otherwise it will not tally with all other legal documentation here. Once my new passport is issued it will not support anything I am registered against in Spain e. g. Bank account etc therefore all needs to change hence my request for info. 

Like 0      
21 Nov 2020 1:31 AM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Perhaps consider seeking advice from the correct Spanish authorities.

Like 0      
21 Nov 2020 11:36 AM by pumpkin Star rating in Essex & San Cayetano. 110 posts Send private message

pumpkin´s avatar

Kavanagh, that's where I started but struggled to get it. Thanks anyway. 

Like 0      
21 Nov 2020 1:12 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

That must be frustrating when you have written to the Spanish authorities and they have no interest in their own rules and regulations. Perhaps try the Spanish Consulate in the UK.

Like 0      
21 Nov 2020 1:55 PM by pumpkin Star rating in Essex & San Cayetano. 110 posts Send private message

pumpkin´s avatar

I think I may be sorted now thank you. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New Formula to claim in Ocean View Properties developments- Deadline 28th of December - 0 posts
Healthcare in Spain - 2 posts
duchess - 3 posts
Paypal - 3 posts
Differing lockdowns in different countries - 1 posts
Non resident taxes software - Form 210 - 7 posts
News papers, magazines or sites online about spanish news & life in english or German or French - 2 posts
UK state pension of 100% NICs (inc. voluntary) and Spanish state pension of 70% NICs? - 1 posts
Any Official Source to Get Postal Codes of Spain? - 0 posts
CGT on selling main home - 3 posts
Spanish resident since August 2020 - 2 posts
Advice appreciated - 2 posts
How to contact Maria de Castro - 7 posts
After Fifteen and a Half Years, Only Three Days to a Final Hearing! - 2 posts
Sold my property - 10 posts
UK DWP LETTER APOSTILLE - 9 posts
selling property - 3 posts
HELP WITH RESIDENCY - 2 posts
Spanish resident since August 2020 - 1 posts
Community Debts - 14 posts
Air Conditioning Meter for Sale. - 0 posts
TIE - 16 posts
Mojacar Magazine - 0 posts
Why Can’t I Use My UK mobile with my Spanish Santander Bank Accout - 6 posts
Shared bank account - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x