Santander 123 Zero Charges

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Sep 2020 4:39 PM by PMillsom Star rating in Midlands. 469 posts Send private message

PMillsom´s avatar

Not accessed my account for six months.

Was Banco Popular and now is Santander 123 Zero account.

In the last 6 months the bank has been debiting the account with 12 Euros with description contract liquidation.

Anyone else had this charge.  Seems step for a monthly account fee.

I am not in Spain and have no plans to be there for some months.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2020 4:58 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

I think all the banks started charging for accounts earlier this year.

We are with Bankia and they told us they would not charge any fees if we had a pension over 200 euro a month paid in or a certain balance.

Then, earlier this year, the Spanish government said banks must offer a basic bank account with a minimum fee. This was to stop some of the rip off charges banks were making. Because of this they started charging all those free accounts and we are now getting charged 6 euro a month for something that was free.

Not sure if all banks have done this, of course, but from what I've read elsewhere people are now getting charged despite paying a regular income into the bank.

Like 1      
23 Sep 2020 5:33 PM by PMillsom Star rating in Midlands. 469 posts Send private message

PMillsom´s avatar

On further searching I find that they have a new offering for non-Spanish residents called

the Mundo account - this is 10 Euros a month but is packaged with a debit charge for use at Euro ATMs.

Seems like I should transfer that and get myself I debit card.

Last time I had a debit card they charged something like 20Euro - the card expired after 12 months and then I had to queue at the bank to collect a new one.  using it four trips a year was costing 5Euros a transaction.

Spainish banks are the pits.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2020 6:33 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

I had a "run in" with Bankia this year over charges and seems they had not taken into account a house insurance policy I had with them. I filled in a complaints form and eventually got a refund. Meanwhile I have moved all utilities (Electric, Water, Community Fees)  across to Transferwise just in case they start again. The debit card is free and works in Euro or GBP. They give you a EUro based bank account based in Belgium. It took me 3 months to move all bills over the Sepa account number given to me, but they must now accept any Euro based account regardless of country of account. 

Saludos

Like 1      
24 Sep 2020 12:09 AM by PMillsom Star rating in Midlands. 469 posts Send private message

PMillsom´s avatar

Transferwise looks very promising.  thank you.

I will investigate further.  Almost too good to be true.

Seems very much worth the hassle transfer over all the direct debits.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

burger king fuengirola - 2 posts
Quarantine Rules in the uk - 4 posts
Gift tax (Andalucia) - 2 posts
IBI tax 2020 - 4 posts
Good House White Wine to buy for casual drinking and dinning - 2 posts
Divorce - 4 posts
Tax withholding without NIE - 5 posts
Deadline for off plan claims IS NOT OCTOBER BUT DECEMBER - 0 posts
Tax cost - 4 posts
la palma island - 2 posts
Is it safe to go to Spain....... - 5 posts
Taking and leaving a car in Spain - 2 posts
Hardwired Burglar Alarm - 3 posts
Sky News has now gone encrypted - 2 posts
Catch Up/On Demand TV programmes - 1 posts
Spain's tough stance on Visa rules & Covid - 4 posts
Looking for a small house, finca, bungalow in the middle of nature. - 0 posts
Resident - 1 posts
Tie information - 8 posts
BBC iPlayer - 2 posts
Padron - 4 posts
Community President - 2 posts
Hot tub - Jacuzzi - 4 posts
Resident - 10 posts
COVID 19 Testing - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x