Any legal questions related to Coronavirus situation in Spain?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Mar 2020 10:03 PM by Weescottie Star rating. 37 posts Send private message

Me too!  Let's see how it progresses.   

Like 0      
24 Mar 2020 8:43 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Is it your preference not to complete?

Notaries are open. Extensions of completion deadline due to extraordinary circusntances could be agreed BUT if your preference is not to complete, yes, the option seems to be losing the deposit.

M

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 24/03/2020.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 1      
24 Mar 2020 9:27 AM by Weescottie Star rating. 37 posts Send private message

Thanks Maria, that indeed would be our preference especially as the situation seems to be worsening daily.  What will be, will be. Our fingers are crossed that lockdown and other measures are effective and the situation improves soon. In the meantime, please all stay safe and well. 

Like 0      
24 Mar 2020 10:15 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Yes, best wishes for you all. We are open and available for anyone needing any legal opinion or orientation.

M

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 1      
24 Mar 2020 6:37 PM by DaniMenzes Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

Hello everyone

A couple of questions:-

Is the gas bottle man doing his usual home deliveries or is he banned?

How can I get an updated prescription for my insulin injections when the health centre is in shut down and my hospital appointments have been cancelled?

Like 0      
24 Mar 2020 7:00 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

The gas man is still doing deliveries. I don't know if they are at home because we don't get them, we collect them from the local supermarket who have plenty.

You don't say where you are but I imagine most places would have a similar system. We are logged on to a health portal (for us Torrevieja salud) which you can do with your SIP card. Once you have a password (which they send by email very quickly) you can then use the portal to send messages to your GP. You can request a repeat prescription and they will update it for you and you can either print it off and take it to the pharmacy or the pharmacy system will be updated and you can collect the repeat as normal.

No need to go to the health centre.

We get an SMS and an email to tell us the GP has sent a message and then log on to the health portal, select yosalud and any message is waiting there for us.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2020 7:17 PM by DaniMenzes Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

Thank you Mariedav, very helpful.

I will give it all a try, no insulin and it’s bye bye.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2020 7:46 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

And also just read that the validity of  repeat prescriptions have been automatically extended by 2 months.

Other documentation, like driving licences, DNI, passport ITV and others have also had their validity extended.

Like 0      
28 Mar 2020 4:22 PM by DaniMenzes Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

Thank you mariedav, yes the bottle gasman came yesterday.

Also how often can you go to the shop for essentials, and what are considered essentials. I suppose if fags are essentials then anything can be.

Like 0      
28 Mar 2020 5:00 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

This is the legal

situation

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.20minutos.es/noticia/4192452/0/escenarios-salir-calle-o-no-cuarentena-coronavirus/

this is the rule regarding shopping:-
Qué tareas puedo realizar?
1.    Compras necesarias: Está permitido circular por las vías de uso público para adquisición de alimentos, productos farmacéuticos y de primera necesidad.  

Unless I have missed something, I believe the rule does not require a person to shop at the nearest shop, or indeed that there is any distance limit to which shop one might use.  Similarly there is nothing to restrict the number of times one can    do so.   

A week ago I called the policia local . They said it was ok for me to drive about a kilometre to shop albeit I live next door to a large supermarket 

I suggest that anyone in doubt can call the police and asked.  Even if you do not speak Spanish you may get attention in english

This message was last edited by johnzx on 28/03/2020.

Like 0      
28 Mar 2020 5:13 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

We've had several stopped who have been told by the police (but not fined) to go to a supermarket closer to where they live but they were about 8 to 10km away from their homes. It's being "advised" not to travel more than 3km to do your shopping and to try and limit it to once a week. We have 4 large supermarkets each no more than 1km away so I'm sticking to them (or my hubby is as he's the one I'm sending out once a week). 

It's also been mentioned that tobacconists are open but you are not to go up and buy a pack every time you finish one. Get enough at one go to last you at least a week. 

What constitutes "essential"? Any foodstuffs, newspapers, tobacco you want, I suppose. Mind you, there was an old chap in our local little store that had a trolley with half a dozen bottles of wine, 4 bottles of gin, a pack of tonic and a crate of Guinness so I imagine his idea of essential might differ. 

The Real Decreto 465/2020 which extended the period of the lockdown lists these as essential:

The opening to the public of retail establishments and establishments is suspended, with the exception of retail commercial establishments for food, beverages, products and basic necessities, pharmaceutical establishments, health centers, veterinary centers or clinics, optical and orthopedic products, hygienic products, press and stationery, automotive fuel, tobacconists, technological and telecommunications equipment, pet food, internet commerce, telephone or correspondence, dry cleaners, laundries and the professional practice of hairdressing at home. In any case, the activity of any establishment that, in the opinion of the competent authority, may pose a risk of contagion due to the conditions in which it is taking place, will be suspended. 

And I think all the shop hours have changed. Our big supermarkets now close by 8pm and those smaller ones which were allowed to open on Sundays in this region are no longer allowed to do so (except bakeries and newsagents).

Like 0      
28 Mar 2020 6:20 PM by DaniMenzes Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

Thanks John

€600,000 fine for non compliance. Has anyone in Spain got €600,000?

Like 0      
28 Mar 2020 6:59 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Dani.
       I think fines are from a minimum of 100 to a max of 600,000 and I believe possible imprisonment too

https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2020/03/27/man-sentenced-to-four-months-in-prison-for-repeatedly-breaking-lockdown-restrictions-in-spains-valencia/?utm_source=The+Olive+Press&utm_campaign=0d0214c0ad-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_1d58de7357-0d0214c0ad-332731771#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss

Like 0      
29 Mar 2020 2:00 PM by lobin Star rating. 256 posts Send private message

Just in case the news from yesterday have not reached everyone, the Government in a meeting today will Decree a two week paid holiday to all workers on non-essential services or industries.  It starts tomorrow, Monday the 30th of March and will end on Thursday the 9th of April.  The idea is that people who work on these non-essential services and industries stay home making weekdays equivalent to weekends for two weeks.  Salaries will continue to be paid by employers and employees will have to work the extra time over an extended period once the Alarm state is over.

Since Friday 10th April through Sunday 12th April are holidays, this amounts to an eight day holiday for most employees of the non-essential services or industries.

As to what is essential or non-essential, we have to wait for the final wording of the Decree but in the President's TV appearance he cited as an example of non-essential the construction and building industry.  He was asked whether the media was considered essential and he answered yes to the question.

Like 1      
29 Mar 2020 3:30 PM by DaniMenzes Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

Is the construction and building industry essential at the moment? Does Spain have a desperate property shortage?

Like 0      
29 Mar 2020 4:27 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Dani. I think that will be classified as non essential later today.    Although I would expect plumbers, electricians etc might still be essential f needed to fix an 'immediate / urgent' problem in say a dwelling

Like 0      
29 Mar 2020 5:52 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

As probably to be expected there seems to be lots of different interpretations of the "rules" cropping up.

For me the silliest is the blanket banning of all external pool cleaning.  Surely some common sense might be applied and discriminate between empty and occupied properties?  If the family are away the pool should be cleaned and maintained - otherwise within a while it'll likely have a problem, cause damage to itself and in a couple of months be a breeding ground for mozzies.

It doesn't take much for a bit of communication between the owner and the pool cleaning firm to ensure there is no breach of the isolation rules.  Our pool cleaner is brilliant, he also takes an interest in the property A couple of years ago notified me of a broken window - that otherwise might have been left to the elements for a couple of months.

Can anyone explain the logic of this one?

Like 0      
29 Mar 2020 5:57 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

"Can anyone explain the logic of this one?"  

Esto es España.  No entiendo, solo es lógico.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 29/03/2020.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 29/03/2020.

Like 0      
29 Mar 2020 6:30 PM by DaniMenzes Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

Logic

Corruption vs. Life

Is the construction and building industry essential at the moment? Does Spain have a desperate property shortage?

I suppose we can only believe what we are told, but when does money take priority over life?

Only 5 deaths in Thailand. The Pattaya News.  Are countries trying to protect their tourist industries?

Like 0      
29 Mar 2020 6:51 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Acer, do you have a link to the banning of all external pool cleaning? I can't find anything about that on the official restrictions. 

Indeed, our pool cleaners are still coming around and the administrators have said this  is allowed but they will come early and were protective masks.

And what is DaniMenzes on about? You may have missed it but construction and building work is classed as non-essential and has been banned. 

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

What must you put in a furnished apartment? - 15 posts
New Landlord - 1 posts
Blue Badge - 5 posts
Escritura. Copia simple - 6 posts
Pension Advice - 11 posts
True immigration control in Spain - 17 posts
Home Insurance - 11 posts
Euroclear - 2 posts
Deposit to estate agent. - 63 posts
Roof repairs - 12 posts
Moving UK -> Spain. Costs / paperwork - 2 posts
Changing from Apart Hotel Permission to Residential - 3 posts
Gas bottle regulations - 4 posts
Winter rental - 7 posts
Plusvalia tax help by selling agent???? Help please - 10 posts
Car insurance for Spanish registered cars - 6 posts
IRPH outcome - 0 posts
Hi - 1 posts
Location advise please - 23 posts
Rats - 3 posts
Flood Sandbags - 14 posts
applying for residency, - 9 posts
Solar and air source heat pumps/and insulation/ - 5 posts
which vpn - 16 posts
Reoccurring Floods - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 85

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x