Any legal questions related to Coronavirus situation in Spain?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 May 2020 8:14 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Perhaps a visit to the Agencia Estatal de Administración Tributaria (AEAT) to explain all your complications and special residency arrangements may be more productive.

This message was last edited by Kavanagh on 20/05/2020.

Like 0      
21 May 2020 11:40 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Does Spain have a Double Taxation Avoidance Treaty with UK? Yes, it does.

> If there is not, at present, precedents of Spain Tax Authorities indicate that forced days of stay

> in Spain due to COVID 19 will be counted in. That needs to be challenged, in my opinion.

How strong does the force need to be to create "forced days"? COVID 19 lockdown is  a force majeure from every angle you look at it.

My airline reservation has been transferred to 9th July but should I be attempting to take the

Wizz Air flight to Luton on an earlier Saturday evening? I would not force a flight just for this reason under present circunstances. Specially as the UK has a double taxation agreement with Spain.

==

I believe that I have a right to be in Spain as I am a citizen of the Republic of Ireland and have

my NIE issued in 2015. My concern is avoidance of any obligation to complete Modelo-720

rather than any permissory documentation, Usually I ensure that I spend less than 183 days

each calendar year in Spain - with no trip more than ninety days. I have a permanent residence

which I have occupied since 2014 with my personal chattels and have a rental agreement that

allows occupation in person whenever I wish.

My intended strategy is to ignore the potential problem but if it arises I would be willing to be

included in any challenge. ALL my income emanates from UK with Zero from Spain. In UK, I

am exempt from making an annual tax return but do pay any tax assessed by HMRC.

I do agree there is no need to do preventive trips just for this reason and just in case those forced days of stay in Spain were counted in favour of a tax residency in Spain, to challenge this.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 1      
14 Jul 2020 3:39 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Maria,

Just to gain some clarity re the justice system and the impact from the close down of courts and the workings of the judiciary due to Covid.

Are the courts and judiciary now back to normal functioning? If so when did they restart? Has any judcial progress been possible during the month of July?

And given the "normal" closure of courts during the August period, will this still occur, and if so when will the courts and judiciary be recommencing?  

Like 0      
14 Jul 2020 4:10 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Ads:

Answers below in bold green ( same text as your message)

Maria,

Just to gain some clarity re the justice system and the impact from the close down of courts and the workings of the judiciary due to Covid.

Are the courts and judiciary now back to normal functioning?  Yes, they are. If so when did they restart? Has any judcial progress been possible during the month of July? Yes, Courts rythm is getting better and better since end of the state of alarm

And given the "normal" closure of courts during the August period, will this still occur, and if so when will the courts and judiciary be recommencing?  Judicial activity will recommence on the 11th of August and after ceasing on the 1st of same month,  but no judicial hearings will be held along that period.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 1      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

What must you put in a furnished apartment? - 15 posts
New Landlord - 1 posts
Blue Badge - 5 posts
Escritura. Copia simple - 6 posts
Pension Advice - 11 posts
True immigration control in Spain - 17 posts
Home Insurance - 11 posts
Euroclear - 2 posts
Deposit to estate agent. - 63 posts
Roof repairs - 12 posts
Moving UK -> Spain. Costs / paperwork - 2 posts
Changing from Apart Hotel Permission to Residential - 3 posts
Gas bottle regulations - 4 posts
Winter rental - 7 posts
Plusvalia tax help by selling agent???? Help please - 10 posts
Car insurance for Spanish registered cars - 6 posts
IRPH outcome - 0 posts
Hi - 1 posts
Location advise please - 23 posts
Rats - 3 posts
Flood Sandbags - 14 posts
applying for residency, - 9 posts
Solar and air source heat pumps/and insulation/ - 5 posts
which vpn - 16 posts
Reoccurring Floods - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 85

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x