Contracting for overseas employer as Autonomo

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Oct 2019 3:47 PM by theline Star rating. 84 posts Send private message

Hi,

I have been given an offer, in principle, to work for an overseas company (also based within the EU) from Spain. However, they are unable (or more specifically, unwilling) to offer me the position as an employee, but on a contract basis.

So my question is, as this would be my sole source of income, is there be a "legal" way to achieve this arrangement as an autonomo (either as a regular Autonomo or a TRADE autonomo)?

The other option would be to set up a company here, but there's no way I want to go down that route just yet.

Like 0      
20 Oct 2019 6:51 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

It sounds like you have been offered a none job ...as and when required a self employed contractor what you need to do is go and see a Spanish account...if it was me I would keep on looking for a  permanent job.. especially if you have rent or a mortgage and €250  N.I to pay at the end of every month..+ vat on every euro you make.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 20/10/2019.

Like 0      
21 Oct 2019 4:29 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

There is nothing stopping you registering as autonomo in Spain providing you meet the criteria and accept all the rules and regulations that apply to that status. If you have been offered a contract as opposed to a normal employee employer arrangement, only you can decide if that contract is worth agreeing to. It may well be a case of what is on offer, what your skills and qualifications are, what financial rewards the contract offers, how long the contract is for, and how desperate or not you are.

Like 2      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

"Bosque verde" toilet products. - 9 posts
Caravan towing - 5 posts
AMBULATORIA ESTEPONA DISCRIMINATION - 4 posts
Fuengirola - 2 posts
SPANISH LESSONS MOJACAR - 2 posts
iPad battery - 1 posts
Hi from an Owner in Tenerife - 13 posts
Yearly Tax on Form 210 for non-residents - 1 posts
Helpline in English for Santander es? - 20 posts
Business Non_Profit Cheque Account closed at Solbank in 2019 - 3 posts
Tamara Essex - 0 posts
WEATHER MOJACAR PLAYA - 3 posts
Pre house purchase Walk Through - 4 posts
Recent Storms - 8 posts
Builder looking for work - 27 posts
Rental sites - 8 posts
Returning after 6 years in UK - 76 posts
I'm selling my 2 bedroom flat in Torrequebrada(Malaga) - 2 posts
RECIPROCITY - IN A 'NO DEAL ' CONTEXT - 18 posts
Latest weather and Murcia airport - 24 posts
Operation Yellow Hammer - 159 posts
A Cunning Plan.. - 4 posts
Funeral Plan Sellers - 25 posts
renewing passport - 22 posts
Am I a "squatter"? - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x