"Bosque verde" toilet products.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Oct 2019 10:08 AM by gazzerb Star rating in Malaga/Winchester. 34 posts Send private message

I was led to believe these so marked products are "septic" tank friendly. 

Usually the small print says it is safe for: etc.

I've looked at the Bosque Verde website but makes no broad statements about it's products and Mercadona were no better.

I question this because we recently bought Bosque Verde Blue Loo type stuff but the small print says "harmfull to the evironment"

Anyone shed any more light please?

Like 0      
15 Oct 2019 4:33 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Hi Gazzer

I do believe it says ‘’not for human consumption’’ but of course in Spanish. Does that help?

Like 0      
15 Oct 2019 8:57 PM by gazzerb Star rating in Malaga/Winchester. 34 posts Send private message

Kavanagh: I had never considered personal consumption of the product as an option. I prefer El Egido vino and Alhambra cerveza as barely acceptable altenatives. Should I feel inclined to look for an alternative, I'll buy a brown paper bag and indulge!

Like 1      
15 Oct 2019 9:13 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Isn't Bosque Verde simply a brand name for Mercadona goods? Everything from disinfectant through floor cleaner to toilet rolls.

Don't think it actually claims to be "green" or ecologically friendly. 

Like 0      
16 Oct 2019 10:42 AM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

I would assume all products sold within the EU would have to be compliant with EU standards and labelled accordingly. I have never come across any products labelled ‘’septic tank friendly’’.

Like 0      
17 Oct 2019 12:13 AM by lobin Star rating. 256 posts Send private message

Mariedav is correct when she says that Bosque Verde is the brand name of most of Mercadona cleaning and home products. In my opinion they are generally of very good quality.  I don’t t know what it means for a product to be septic tank friendly but I believe it is reasonable to expect that it will not damage the loo or the septic tank  

Like 0      
17 Oct 2019 11:01 AM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Normal loo cleaning products should not be used if you are on a septic tank as they kill the bacteria needed to break down the solids. Mercadona did sell a product to help keep your septic tank healthy but it is so long since I used it that I have forgotten the name. From what I remember it was an orange or red box with plastic sachets inside that were flushed down the loo. Look for the phrase " pozo negro" on the box. Sorry I cannot remember anything more than that.

Like 1      
19 Oct 2019 2:31 PM by gazzerb Star rating in Malaga/Winchester. 34 posts Send private message

Mercadona did "tea bags" that contained enzymes for the tank.

Ecover products ARE septic tank friendly 'cos they say so. Only available in the UK IIRC. I usually bring the bog cleaner back with me.

I'm coming round to the idea Bosque Verde is an allusion to a "green" product by Mercadona.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Caravan towing - 5 posts
AMBULATORIA ESTEPONA DISCRIMINATION - 4 posts
Fuengirola - 2 posts
SPANISH LESSONS MOJACAR - 2 posts
iPad battery - 1 posts
Hi from an Owner in Tenerife - 13 posts
Yearly Tax on Form 210 for non-residents - 1 posts
Helpline in English for Santander es? - 20 posts
Business Non_Profit Cheque Account closed at Solbank in 2019 - 3 posts
Tamara Essex - 0 posts
WEATHER MOJACAR PLAYA - 3 posts
Pre house purchase Walk Through - 4 posts
Recent Storms - 8 posts
Builder looking for work - 27 posts
Rental sites - 8 posts
Returning after 6 years in UK - 76 posts
I'm selling my 2 bedroom flat in Torrequebrada(Malaga) - 2 posts
RECIPROCITY - IN A 'NO DEAL ' CONTEXT - 18 posts
Latest weather and Murcia airport - 24 posts
Operation Yellow Hammer - 159 posts
A Cunning Plan.. - 4 posts
Funeral Plan Sellers - 25 posts
renewing passport - 22 posts
Am I a "squatter"? - 13 posts
A Real Indiana Jones - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x