WEATHER MOJACAR PLAYA

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Sep 2019 11:31 AM by Meryt Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

I'm hoping there'll be someone who reads this site that can inform me.

We're spending three months in Mojacar Playa (not far from Neptuno's restaurant) from ist December this year until the end of February and we're wondering what the weather could be like there at the time of year we'll be there.  Do we bring jumpers and warm coats, for example?  We spent 4 weeks in the area in February of this year and the weather was wonderful but, of course, this could have been unusual and it could be very different in December and January.  

Like 0      
24 Sep 2019 12:05 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Usually very nice during the day but you'll definitely need the jumpers and a coat (not a huge, thick heavy one) for the evenings. You'll also need heating in the property as Spanish houses are not particularly well insulated for the cold period and are mainly built to keep cool in the hot summer months.

Of course, weather is very changeable but generally very nice during the day. The expat uniform of shorts, socks/sandals and a fleece jacket will be out in force.

Like 0      
24 Sep 2019 12:11 PM by Meryt Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Thanks Mariedav....we'll bring a jumper or two and a light coat....defintiely no shorts...lol!

Like 0      
24 Sep 2019 4:34 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Usually shorts and tee shirt weather during the day, but nights can be chilly, so a jumper or fleece. We've had chrimbo dinner on the terrace in previous years, then settled in for the afternoon. Was there last week and was still in the 30s and mid 20s at night, although that won't help in December smiley

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Pre house purchase Walk Through - 4 posts
Recent Storms - 8 posts
Builder looking for work - 27 posts
Rental sites - 8 posts
Returning after 6 years in UK - 76 posts
I'm selling my 2 bedroom flat in Torrequebrada(Malaga) - 2 posts
RECIPROCITY - IN A 'NO DEAL ' CONTEXT - 18 posts
Latest weather and Murcia airport - 24 posts
Operation Yellow Hammer - 159 posts
A Cunning Plan.. - 4 posts
Funeral Plan Sellers - 25 posts
renewing passport - 22 posts
Am I a "squatter"? - 13 posts
A Real Indiana Jones - 0 posts
Leeds Bradford to Murcia Ryanair Winter Flights Cancelled - 1 posts
Changing to individual water accounts - 9 posts
Dance Teacher - 0 posts
Keeping Your Cash Safe - 10 posts
Residencia query - 3 posts
Change in Administator -AGM or EGM - 10 posts
What Spanish Banks should offer every UK mortgage holder ( 2 x 1) - 13 posts
I'm spanish, maybe moving to Tenerife (various questions) - 0 posts
Solicitors fees - real or imagined - 0 posts
plusvalia - 5 posts
Off plan purchase -warning - 69 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x