Recent Storms

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Sep 2019 9:43 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

I know we briefly discussed it a while back but I can't seem to find the thread (probably had something about carrots and hire cars on it).

It is still quite hectic in the Vega Baja area. Many houses have been ruined and some completely destroyed. Lots of shops around are still closed due to flooding and ruined goods, even those not smack in the middle of the rivers overflowing. Some people are having to go to their houses in small boats to see if they can salvage anything.

We did discuss the insurance claims which are to be made through the Insurance Consortium for those who do have insurance. The Valencian government has made an immediate payment of €1500 for those affected to be able to buy goods etc and this can be increased by another €4000 and will be paid by the 14th October and does not depend on whether insurance cover is available or not.

Guardia Civil and charities have set up collection points for people to donate items such as bedding and furniture to help those affected and have been well attended. They came and collected a large mattress and a portable gas fire from me today so I hope that helps. All the banks have set up accounts people can donate to to help anyone affected.

The central government has pledged more funds to the Valencian government to help out.

If anyone is in this area and wants to donate goods they can email the Guardia Civil on the N332 facebook page and they will arrange collection. 

Like 0      
26 Feb 2020 1:12 PM by DiegoLopez Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Me gusta mucho siempre en españa

Like 0      
26 Feb 2020 1:53 PM by Barney1 Star rating in Orihuela city. 15 posts Send private message

‘’The Valencian government has made an immediate payment of €1500 for those affected to be able to buy goods etc and this can be increased by another €4000 and will be paid by the 14th October and does not depend on whether insurance cover is available or not.’’

What year 14th October. No one I know has received anything yet from the government.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2020 9:19 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Olive Press

Olive Press Again

The Local

Press Reader

Just a few of the reports at the time. There were others.

Don't shoot the messenger. 

Like 2      
26 Feb 2020 11:49 PM by DiegoLopez Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

02 Mar 2020 6:41 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

** EDITED - Against forum rules **

It is unfortunate that the authorities make promises to their residents and citizens then there are regrettable delays probably beyond their control.

This message was last edited by Kavanagh on 04/03/2020.
This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 3/3/2020 2:12:00 PM.

Like 0      
08 Mar 2020 12:17 AM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

A number but not all individuals have received insurance. Compensation from the Consorcio BUT none of our Communities have received a cent towards the clean up and repairs, 5 months after the event.

Like 0      
08 Mar 2020 2:15 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

It maybe we never receive anything.

It is unfortunate that the authorities made promises to desperate people. For many flood victims after 9 months they have received nothing and are confused what ‘’emergency’’ actually means. Is it any wonder politicians are rated as they are?

This message was last edited by Kavanagh on 20/05/2020.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Builder looking for work - 27 posts
Rental sites - 8 posts
Returning after 6 years in UK - 76 posts
I'm selling my 2 bedroom flat in Torrequebrada(Malaga) - 2 posts
RECIPROCITY - IN A 'NO DEAL ' CONTEXT - 18 posts
Latest weather and Murcia airport - 24 posts
Operation Yellow Hammer - 159 posts
A Cunning Plan.. - 4 posts
Funeral Plan Sellers - 25 posts
renewing passport - 22 posts
Am I a "squatter"? - 13 posts
A Real Indiana Jones - 0 posts
Leeds Bradford to Murcia Ryanair Winter Flights Cancelled - 1 posts
Changing to individual water accounts - 9 posts
Dance Teacher - 0 posts
Keeping Your Cash Safe - 10 posts
Residencia query - 3 posts
Change in Administator -AGM or EGM - 10 posts
What Spanish Banks should offer every UK mortgage holder ( 2 x 1) - 13 posts
I'm spanish, maybe moving to Tenerife (various questions) - 0 posts
Solicitors fees - real or imagined - 0 posts
plusvalia - 5 posts
Off plan purchase -warning - 69 posts
Dilemma - 15 posts
Layz Spa parts - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x