Utilities changeover

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Jul 2019 10:21 PM by emelia28 Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Hi -

How long should it take to change the water and electric over to new owners of a property? We recieved the keys to our new property about a month ago but the utilities have not been changed yet into our name. A lawyer is doing it for us. I am not sure what a normal time scale is. 

Thanks

Emelia

Like 0      
09 Jul 2019 10:39 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

A few years back I changed the utilities for my son when he bought an apartment 

I called Endesa the electricity supplier and did it on the phone with just one call

i visited the water supplier and did it there and then 

I changed the townhall payments, for IBI, basura etc. to my sons account, did the property registry office requirements. 

There were no hic cups

Using a lawyer probably means there will be a delay so that you feel he/she had a lot of work to do, so you are happy to pay the inflated bill you will probably eventually be presented with. 

Like 0      
09 Jul 2019 11:04 PM by emelia28 Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

They already got paid a day before the contracts were signed. I don’t speak Spanish yet so couldn’t have done it myself. My worry is they said we can’t pay first bill D/D and I can’t get to Spain until September. I was hoping to pay any bills online.

emelia

Like 0      
17 Jul 2019 1:14 PM by claireR Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi,

If it has not been sorted it should have. Changing your electricty into your name should take no more than 7 days once submitted by the lawyer.

Be sure to look arond for the best deal in energy. Some companies ask for a deposit upfront....not a good start. Manyt suppliers provide services in English which is not commonly known.

sicompare com is coming soon from the news I am hearing and will help you be sure you are getting the best deal. It is the only website in spain in english offering this free service. 

Endesa will have your DD details and take all payments via that method so it should not be of a concern.

If you have troubles let me know.

This message was last edited by claireR on 17/07/2019.

Like 1      
18 Jul 2019 11:10 AM by emelia28 Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Hi Claire,

Thanks for the reply. Everything has gone through except for the water which seems to be taking incredibly long. I am still in the UK because not really happy going out out to the apartment if there is a chance no water will be connected.

The lawyers have been really good but its just this that seems to be dragging on. Maybe its because they are using power of attourney to connect the water?

Emelia

Like 1      
18 Jul 2019 1:16 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Emilia.  I would get in touch with your representative and demand they get the job done.  Having a POA (poder) is no reason for any delay.    I have used one many times when dealing with things for my son.  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

CostaluzLawyers fight against Banks very much ON! - 4 posts
Can you purchase a used car and obtain insurance in Spain with a United States drivers license Without owning property? - 10 posts
What Power do the community Magament have - 14 posts
Registered Club Bank Account in Spain - 0 posts
Community Charges - Finding the person who manages the accounts - 5 posts
Bank account commission in Spain to be capped at €3 a month - 14 posts
Volunteer assistants - 1 posts
COMMUNITY FALSE ROOFS IN APARTMENT BLOCKS - 2 posts
spanish car reregistered in germany. now need to deregister in spain. - 1 posts
Are Holiday Rental Sites Safe - 4 posts
Water Company (help) - 6 posts
LOOKING FOR LONG TERM RENTAL WITH INDOOR POOL - 2 posts
Will - 5 posts
Spanish utility bills paid from UK Bank. - 4 posts
obtaining hearing aids - 11 posts
Moving to Nerja and finding a school - 3 posts
Spain’s monumental glut of new homes is still massive - 75 posts
No escritura for EMASA - 21 posts
NEW SPANISH MORTGAGE LAW - 13 posts
Case won by Costs Luz Lawyers - 2 posts
airbnb in Majorca - 0 posts
Costaluz lawyers - 0 posts
Full list of cases won by Costaluz-DeCastro in 2019 - 0 posts
Two Recently Won Cases against banks at the Supreme Court by CostaLuz Lawyers and DeCastro teams - 10 posts
Executors/Probate - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x