Are Holiday Rental Sites Safe

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Jun 2019 4:24 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

I considered booking a holiday rental through www.spain-holiday.com

I contacted them and asked if my up front payment was safe, who they were, how long they had been trading and who were the owners.

Their answer was ‘’ we are not able say’’.

Like 0      
26 Jun 2019 9:08 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Some are, but if you do book, always pay with a credit card. One of the scams is for you to be asked to pay by bank transfer, if anything goes wrong your money is gone

Like 0      
28 Jun 2019 11:58 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

We used to take bookings through Niumba. They took the payment from the guests and held it until the end of the holiday, when it was paid to us. They are a part of a bigger group, so perfectly safe I would say.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2019 6:27 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Holiday rental sites are no different to any other business and carry the risk of going bankrupt or running off with your money. The size of the company guarantees nothing and neither does their fancy website. If any company refuses full disclosure they are high risk and to be avoided.

Like 1      
30 Jun 2019 2:38 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

We used spain holiday to rent out our house years ago. They must have been trading for over ten years or so. From what I remember the payment is made directly to the home owner but as an owner you had to prove ownership of property. 

As I stated, this was a long time ago and things may have changed, perhaps someone may have more up to date info.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Water Company (help) - 6 posts
LOOKING FOR LONG TERM RENTAL WITH INDOOR POOL - 2 posts
Will - 5 posts
Spanish utility bills paid from UK Bank. - 4 posts
obtaining hearing aids - 11 posts
Moving to Nerja and finding a school - 3 posts
Spain’s monumental glut of new homes is still massive - 75 posts
No escritura for EMASA - 21 posts
NEW SPANISH MORTGAGE LAW - 13 posts
Case won by Costs Luz Lawyers - 2 posts
airbnb in Majorca - 0 posts
Costaluz lawyers - 0 posts
Full list of cases won by Costaluz-DeCastro in 2019 - 0 posts
Two Recently Won Cases against banks at the Supreme Court by CostaLuz Lawyers and DeCastro teams - 10 posts
Executors/Probate - 6 posts
Somewhere not too hot! - 5 posts
Can they really do this? - 4 posts
good service in Barcelona! - 0 posts
Gardenwaste - 2 posts
First Time Purchase in Spain - 28 posts
Help with Adsense, Please - 1 posts
Yogurts with Live Cultures - 6 posts
Problems with Bankia in 2019 - 12 posts
TV reception Sucina, Murcia - 5 posts
Parking fees Costa del Sol hospital - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x