Buying apartment - Fees

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Mar 2019 4:27 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

A good and sensible post ads.

John you are getting confused. It may be the case that where a criminal offence is being committed the police have to prove it. But when it comes to the taxman, if he suspects anything he can slap an assessment on you and it’s up to you to prove otherwise.

We all realise you have attended the Spanish police station for nothing for over 20 years and will make a note of that.

Like 1      
25 Mar 2019 4:43 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Re an investigation by the Spanish taxman.

Having been subjected to such, which ws conducted in a most friendly manner and resulted in an apology from them, I was speaking from experience. 

This message was last edited by johnzx on 25/03/2019.

Like 1      
25 Mar 2019 6:14 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Ha! I also have personal experience, and I can hand on heart say that "taxman", "friendly" and "apology" are three words I would never use in the same sentence! After submitting personal tax returns for over 15 years (and paying my due taxes), I had to prove to the Spanish tax authorities that I was, in fact, a tax resident!! Actually, strictly speaking, I had to prove I wasn't a tax resident in my country of origin - even though I hadn't lived there immediately prior to moving to Spain. 

But I think perhaps this is a topic for another thread!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 2      
25 Mar 2019 8:26 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

John appears to have been very supportive to those in need of assistance with translation services over the years which IMHO should be recognised and valued. In so doing respect has obviously been developed with the various authorities.... the sad aspect to me is that there aren’t more Johns to assist in this regard!

Or some might suggest it’s sad that trust in the system has broken down to such a degree that you have to depend on the Johns of this world to constantly assist against all manner of illogical challenges that occur in Spain. Hence my question to find a workable practical solution to minimise risk from the outset instead of after the event. 

This message was last edited by ads on 25/03/2019.

Like 0      
27 Mar 2019 12:55 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Emelia

I just came upon this.  My interpretation is that if a property is not let as in the way a travel Agencia would, then one does not need to register.  

As I said I will check at police station and let know what they say.   But in the meanwhile :-    Article 3. Definition.(if there are a couple of lines with a black back ground, plz ignore I cannot delete it )

1. Homes for tourism purposes are those located in real estate located on land for residential use, where the accommodation service in the area of ​​the Autonomous Community of Andalusia will be offered by means of a price, on a regular basis and for tourism purposes.
2. It will be presumed that there is a usual and tourist purpose when the house is commercialized or promoted in tourist offer channels.
3. Tourist travel channels, travel agencies, companies that mediate or organize tourist services and channels that include the possibility of booking accommodation will be considered

Artículo 3. Definición.

1. Se entiende por viviendas con fines turísticos aquellas ubicadas en inmuebles situados en suelo de uso residencial, donde se vaya a ofrecer mediante precio el servicio de alojamiento en el ámbito de la Comunidad Autónoma de Andalucía, de forma habitual y con fines turísticos.

2. Se presumirá que existe habitualidad y finalidad turística cuando la vivienda sea comercializada o promocionada en canales de oferta turística. 

3. Se considerarán canales de oferta turística, las agencias de viaje, las empresas que medien u organicen servicios turísticos y los canales en los que se incluya la posibilidad de reserva del alojamiento

This message was last edited by johnzx on 27/03/2019.

Like 0      
27 Mar 2019 1:45 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

John ** EDITED - Against forum rules **

You post

‘’Emila don’t give it a second thought  

You and your family using it as you have posted will be no problem whatsoever’’

Then you post 

‘’As I said I will check at police station and let know what they say.’’

I am sure the police have little time or interest if a property has a tourist licence. But the taxman’s interest on revenue evasion ‘’licence or not’’ may be significant. I remember the days of the UK VAT man sitting outside the fish shop counting how many bags of chips were sold in a day.

Whilst you are checking with the serious crime squad could you ask them how many people they have prosecuted for not having a tourist licence?

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 3/27/2019 4:17:00 PM.

Like 0      
27 Mar 2019 2:06 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

QUOTE “I am sure the police have little time or interest if a property has a tourist licence ......... “

It is the Guardia and the national police who ‘police’ the law on private rentals and to whom the details of guests must be supplied.  That is why it is they who should know the appropriate laws.   In the event of failure by owners to comply with the law I believe it they who would take any action required. 

I am not sure if they still do, but the details of hotel guests and renters of cars, etc certainly had to be supplied to the Guardia or national police, whichever policed the area where the business was located  Again I will check that to see of it still applies.   

PS   28th March.   I have just confirmed with the national police there is no requirement to register a property which Is not let  with the intention of making an income. Thus if use by friends and relatives etc. no registration, or other declaration etc  is required. 

Also   Hotels, hostals, car rental companies etc. notify the police by email of all guests, people who rent cars etc.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 28/03/2019.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 28/03/2019.

Like 1      
06 Apr 2019 12:42 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9403 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Emelia:

Where is your property located?

I can anticipate you have nothing to declare-- use is clearly non touristic and will be the administration who would have to prove it is---- but I would like to refer you to the precise regulation, according to the area that property is located

M

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
20 Jun 2019 9:30 PM by santeula Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

My advice is to hire a spanish lawyer. I** EDITED - Against forum rules- advertising **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 6/20/2019 9:55:00 PM.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Manchester House Buyers - 1 posts
Ammex Administrators - Sabinillas - 3 posts
Northerners - 7 posts
WH Smith Corvera Airport Rip Off Water - 10 posts
Introduction - 1 posts
Tax and Residency - Staying in Spain between 3 months and 6 months a year - 6 posts
mobility scooter - 14 posts
Brexit effect - 102 posts
Exchange Spanish LHD car for UK rhd car - 7 posts
Firefly/Do You Spain extra charge for 75+ drivers - 10 posts
Suitability of Location for Air Con Units - 3 posts
Spain post Brexit for British residents. - 68 posts
Buying a rural property in the Malaga region - 22 posts
Campo delivery of water - 5 posts
Funds seized by La Caixa for alleged tax avoidance...next steps? - 3 posts
Are the days of Freeloaders limited in Spain? - 44 posts
Reassurance needed - 21 posts
Comfort in numbers. - 19 posts
Car Hire & Excess Insurance - 9 posts
Open gate for Ocean View/ Palmera buyers - 0 posts
Residencia Certificate encripted with Permanent Residence - 7 posts
Which Costa del Sol school? - 0 posts
Flight prices to Corvera - 3 posts
For sale yamaha RGXAZ electric guitar - 0 posts
property rental - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 49

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x