Autónomo vs private . Fair is fair

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Oct 2018 4:40 PM by dbd Star rating. 63 posts Send private message

Hi we own and run a language academy in a small town in Andalucia.  My self and my wife pay upwards of 500 euros a month autónomo and then tax yet around the corner is girl giving private lessons. She is not registered. Which means she doesn’t pay either autónomo or tax. She has more students than us, employs teachers and charges less than us. The issue is that now she is starting to also teach English which is a major concern to us. As she will be seen by parents  as a one stop shop in comparison to our English academy. My question is how do I notify the authorities at what she is up to. Who do I contact and will they work after 2.00 o clock ( the clicking of times for  government workers). If any body could let us know

Like 0      
16 Oct 2018 7:51 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

This was discussed a while ago in the forum, in a thread which you may find useful, at :-

Supplying info about crimes, tax evasion etc.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 16/10/2018.

Like 0      
18 Oct 2018 9:44 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

Before you act I would consider the negative backlash from the community where you live. I have seen many such cases over the years and in some instances the local population may resent your acting as state informant. I am not in anyway condoning illegal activity but if you live in a small community it can rebound on you for a very long time.

Like 0      
18 Oct 2018 9:44 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

Post duplicated

This message was last edited by Mickyfinn on 18/10/2018.

Like 0      
18 Oct 2018 10:03 AM by dbd Star rating. 63 posts Send private message

thanx mickyfinn and john. It is crazy. The only way to survive in business here is to go lliegal. Surely there must be options as I have heard of academies getting fined for employing non declared staff. Consequences or not if things continue as is we will have no option but to try to contact the authorities, However am I right in thinking funcionarios only wrk until 2.00 pm. So if you open after 2.00 pm your safe. Is that correct. If anybody knows

Like 0      
18 Oct 2018 11:19 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

Most civil servants break for the long lunch at 2pm. It's an odd question. Dont expect much response even if you inform on your neighbour. It will depend on many things such as how well connected they are. Spain doesn't function like Britain. 

Like 0      
18 Oct 2018 12:39 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Government (and loads of others) do stop work at 2pm but then go back at 4 or 4:30 and work until 8pm.

Our town hall deals with the public for things like Padron, SIP and things until 2pm only but deals with things like building licenses, complaints and so on in the afternoon/evening. The reception is there until 8pm if you have queries about local events or something. 

Same with the notaries. It seems a bit odd to us that you can get an appointment with the notary at 7 pm but not at 3pm. It seems like going back 50 years or so in the UK when banks would only open between 10 and 3. It didn't mean the bank workers only worked from 10 to 3 just that they only dealt with the public in those hours.

Our local police station (located in the municipal town hall) is the only office that is manned in the afternoon.

Dealing with someone who is operating illegally is annoying. I know a Brit reg car had been here at least 5 years and someone reported it over a year ago but it is still there. 

Annoying when someone is taking your business from you purely because you are doing things right and they are not. Judging by the number of people I overhear who openly boast about fiddling the system (whether it's a car, not declaring tax residency and so on) it must be pretty endemic. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hi - 3 posts
HOLDAY RENTA;L - 0 posts
buying out our friends share of our holiday home - 10 posts
Renting out holiday let’s on a community and fees - 12 posts
A Combi Boiler To Serve Multiple Heating Purposes | BoilerSpot - 0 posts
Boat moorings Aguilas Garucha area - 0 posts
Buying bigger property - 7 posts
Goldcar and eyeonspain query - 3 posts
Extraordinary fees - 1 posts
Community President - 20 posts
mr - 0 posts
Bob & Vicky - 1 posts
Data Protection - 3 posts
Empty Van Murcia to France ..UK also possible - 1 posts
Thelma - 24 posts
Is it possible to get Salud Responde in English - 0 posts
tax form 210 non resident tax - 1 posts
Los Jardines de palomares - 0 posts
Illegal bank fees when taking out a mortgage - 20 posts
Can you withdraw from your community - 7 posts
FIBRE OPTIC INTERNET - 1 posts
tax on pension - 1 posts
Hello - 3 posts
Non payment of rent and utilities - 1 posts
Mobile Help Please!!!! - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x