Dash cams

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Aug 2018 9:11 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Can anyone please tell me, what is the legal position regarding forward-facing dash-cams in Spain?

The reason for my query is that I was recently driving along a one-way street in Almoradi, cars parked on both sides, and pedestrians, so I was travelling at a more-than-appropriate speed, when a cyclist (Spanish lycra-lout)  appeared out of a one-way street on my offside, He was riding the wrong way on the street and made no attempt to slow down or even look, never mind stop! It was only my low speed and quick reactions which avoided a collision. He stopped, gave me a tirade of verbal abuse (in Spanish) and then rode off, still gesticulating wildly. If we had collided, I'll bet I would be blamed!

I understand that it is illegal to photograph a police officer in Spain, hence my question about a fixed camera in a car.

Steve

Steve.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2018 10:21 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

26 Aug 2018 10:16 AM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Slightly off thread because your question has been fully answered by mariedav one of the best posters on EOS. Your story and description of the cyclist. It is quite remarkable but widespread how different segments of society were once the underdog and abused, then once they receive rights and acknowledgment a minority of them become the abusers and damage their own image.  

This message was last edited by Kavanagh on 26/08/2018.

This message was last edited by Kavanagh on 26/08/2018.

Like 1      
27 Aug 2018 8:55 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Many thanks mariedav for your quick response, answered my question perfectly!  And yes, Kavanagh, I concur 100%!

Steve

Steve.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

key holder wanted - la duquesa - 1 posts
Dentist in Feungirola - 3 posts
Solvated Spray Solar Kids Suntan Lotion - 1 posts
All the abusive clauses you can find in your Spanish mortgage - 19 posts
Hi everyone - 0 posts
Sofas - 2 posts
eye on spain digest - 10 posts
Wanted Volunteer Treasurer - 2 posts
Finding a job and rental home - 2 posts
Parking issue - 11 posts
Ants, ants and more ants!!!!! - 6 posts
Wanted Volunteers - 0 posts
Hair Colorant - 1 posts
Efficient and helpful service in reclaiming lost deposit money from Costaluz Lawyers - 28 posts
Do I need to renew Spanish car insurance? - 7 posts
Hi everyone - 8 posts
kennel managers - 0 posts
La Sella Golf Shares for sale - 0 posts
Power of attorney for my elderly parents - can anyone help? - 5 posts
Messing about on the water - 1 posts
raspberry pi zero - 0 posts
IF YOU HAVE TAKEN THE PAINKILLER DRUG NOLOTIL/METAMIZOL AND IT HAS AFFECTED YOU OR YOUR FAMILY PLEASE READ & ACT NOW. - 0 posts
Renal wanted in area of Malaga - 1 posts
minimum number of owners in a community of owners. - 4 posts
Alicante metro for over-65s - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x