Hi everyone

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Aug 2018 10:26 AM by jeffcaz67 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi everyone, Myself hubby and milo our Shih Tzu are driving out to Almeria from the UK on the 1st September we get the ferry, hoping to arrive by 1300 on the 3rd September. My hubby has a good job permanent and year long, not seasonal, yet were fighting to get anywhere to live. hubby has a relocation package which will sort first months rent and months deposit. they are lovely people who we went over and met. They will also go and view anything we get a chance with. I really need a ground floor with a secure outside space as ive mobility issues and its better for Milo. The area we are informed to go for is around the Vera Playa, Puerto del Rey.I am hoping a benefit from this move for me is that ill be able to swim each day, ideally itll be in a villa pool but that'll be next year. A communal is a must. 

Along term let of around 6 to 8 months, We need furnished for our initial let. The villa and pool we will want from around April we need to be unfurnished as we will have our furniture from our UK home in Storage in Spain by then. We may even look for rent to buy, brilliant scheme why hasnt the UK took this on.

anyone with any advice or a let available please contact me. 

regards have a good day everyone Carol

embed

Like 0      
11 Aug 2018 11:15 AM by paulsimkiss Star rating in Thailand & Spain. 58 posts Send private message

paulsimkiss´s avatar

Hello Carol

Why are you telling us all this? There is a rental section at the top of the page.

Like 1      
12 Aug 2018 6:16 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

You do realise that the Holiday home Vera/ Puerto Rey area you mentioned is frequented by those seeking an “ all over “ tan. Consequently deserted for 7/8 months of the year.

It also may surprise you to know that many communal pools close September - April because although it is warmer than UK the water is toooooo cold for all but the hardiest...plus lack of clientele.

And, finally..not only are unfurnished rentals rare renting to people with dogs are even rarer. 

Have you considered  a motorised home ..there are plenty of camp sites.

Like 1      
12 Aug 2018 7:51 PM by jeffcaz67 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I was not aware i was on a forum where people are not friendly. i was explaining our situation as to why we were looking for a rental.. your both very negative people.

Like 0      
12 Aug 2018 8:33 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

Then why ask for help if you know the reasons why you finding it difficult to secure a rental property....

En Verdad....I dont understand the mentality of some people🙄 

Like 0      
13 Aug 2018 1:21 PM by lorraine56 Star rating in Granada Spain. 51 posts Send private message

Have you tried registering with estate agents in the area you are looking to rent in as many of them have a rentals portfolio as well and they can send you details of anything that comes onto their books that may be suitable. Also look for local newspapers on line which will also have a property rental section.( eg Buy , Sell, Swap  which allows you to register with their property for rent section and they will send you text alerts and details of any new properties that have been advertised )

p.s. Floella is right re swimming pools, as from end Sept to May communal pools are normally not used unless they are heated as winter temps at night can drop very low and the water consequently does not heat up enough to swim in.

Hope this helps

Like 0      
13 Aug 2018 2:30 PM by jane27 Star rating in Vera in Spain and W.... 1 posts Send private message

jane27´s avatar

Hi Carol

I would agree with Lorraine - estate agents are your best bet to start with. We live in Vera playa, have two well behaved dogs and are not naturists. We also have a communal indoor swimming pool which is open for some of the winter season. Unfortunately,our apartment is not available but there our several on the urbanisation who let long and short term and accept pets, although barking dogs left outside all day (it does happen) don't go down well. There seem to be several agents involved in letting or some owners rent privately. Try Googling 'Al Andalus' and see what comes up - it's worth a try.

Good luck with your search, I'm sure you will find somewhere to suit you.

Like 0      
13 Aug 2018 4:03 PM by jeffcaz67 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Im starting to get replies from a few agents. They are starting to talk about poss rental views.

I just googled the apartment complex you mentioned, however its a popular name, there is somewhere in Tenerife named the same. but thanks very much for the pointer in the right direction.

many thanks Carol

Like 0      
22 Aug 2018 8:39 AM by Poliq Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

** EDITED - off thread **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 8/22/2018 12:38:00 PM.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

kennel managers - 0 posts
La Sella Golf Shares for sale - 0 posts
Power of attorney for my elderly parents - can anyone help? - 5 posts
Messing about on the water - 1 posts
raspberry pi zero - 0 posts
IF YOU HAVE TAKEN THE PAINKILLER DRUG NOLOTIL/METAMIZOL AND IT HAS AFFECTED YOU OR YOUR FAMILY PLEASE READ & ACT NOW. - 0 posts
Renal wanted in area of Malaga - 1 posts
minimum number of owners in a community of owners. - 4 posts
Alicante metro for over-65s - 1 posts
Information on Gaucin - 1 posts
Recommendations for a Community Administrator in Marbella - 0 posts
Self Employed Rules - 1 posts
Plusvalia on Inherited Property - 1 posts
Currencies Direct - has anyone used their money transfer services? - 7 posts
Community issue - 14 posts
Community issue - 0 posts
Peinsa 97 SL being finally liquidated - 0 posts
Community of owners and Data Protection compliance - 5 posts
Fears about buying a property in Spain - 6 posts
RATS - 1 posts
Bazza56 - 1 posts
model aircraft clubs - 0 posts
Buying Property - Protecting Myself (Ongoing Divorce) - 4 posts
help required with 3 main questions. thank you. - 1 posts
DOG FRIENDLY GUEST HOUSES - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x