Efficient and helpful service in reclaiming lost deposit money from Costaluz Lawyers

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Aug 2018 12:56 PM by pmj Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

We have successfully used Costaluz Lawyers to reclaim our deposit from the Spanish bank BBVA from an off-plan purchase we attempted in 2007. The whole process has taken about 10 months.. We opted for a no-win, no-fee contract as we were very skeptical that we would actually get any money back. This month we got about 70% of the money back, including some interest, and we are delighted. We were able to correspond with them by email in English and Maria, Keith and the rest of the team were really helpful and kept us informed along the way. All we had to do was send them the documentation at the outset and set up a Power of Attorney with a Spanish Notary. Highly recommended!

Like 0      
11 Aug 2018 2:23 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Thanks!

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
11 Aug 2018 5:53 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Wow that’s incredibly quick for a preliminary hearing, submission into court and a ruling with return of monies....well done.

Does this mean that BBVA did not contest the ruling?

Which court and region was this?

So good to hear of positive experiences.

This message was last edited by ads on 11/08/2018.

Like 0      
03 Sep 2018 4:10 PM by stokey Star rating. 74 posts Send private message

sorry, I dont understand a previous post about a 10 month result, we have been represented by Maria for 10 years, if we want to talk to her it costs 140 euroes on a telephone appointment, we paid a deposit on united golf at la tercia for 61,000 euros, the apartment was never safe, and now has a demolition order on it , about 2 months ago we recieved 32,000 euroes, im no good at maths , but can Maria or anyone tell me if thats any where near 70 % after 10 years, or maybe pmj ?, ps im still waiting for the costs of 29,000 euroes, AND 10 years interest that pmj got back in 10 months ??

Like 0      
03 Sep 2018 10:10 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear Stokey:

All your emails and questions are being answered by private email. Please email me again (  emails are free by the way!) if you want new answers. 

In your case, we have followed a first Case against the developer that, due to its bankruptcy and the fact your previous lawyers did not manage to obtain your bank guarantee, could not end up with a refund of your deposit.

We are now in a case against the Bank in Elche, whose preliminary hearing will be held in February.

We have been informing of this all in a permanent basis, by email

Kind regards

Maria

Regards

Maria

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 04/09/2018.

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 05/09/2018.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
06 Sep 2018 4:53 PM by stokey Star rating. 74 posts Send private message

Maria ,please check your records, we sent you the bank guarantee several years ago by united kingdom registered post, one of your staff, emailed me to say they had posted it back to me ?, after you lost my first case, (five days later after me not even being informed of the lost case, Rosie at your offices asked me to provide a further provision of funds !)  but then apolgised and emailed me a copy of  the bank guarantee, I will now scroll back in my records to find the name of the Lady that DID confirm you had the guarantee

Like 0      
06 Sep 2018 9:19 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I am getting full info of this aspect of the Guarantee you are mentioning and will be getting back to you. It sounds like a mistake that was solved: they thought they had sent it back to you but then they realized they had not. Nothing serious in my opinion,

M

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
09 Sep 2018 3:15 PM by paulsimkiss Star rating in Thailand & Spain. 58 posts Send private message

paulsimkiss´s avatar

Hello Maria

A bit off thread.

I noticed you are advertising on ‘Think Spain’ that you can do property conveyancing  from 80€. That’s brilliant. But the link in your advert has an error 404 Oops, something happened, this page is missing!

Just thought you would like to know. See below, copied from Think Spain.

PROMO: Low Cost Property Checks & Conveyancing

With their new low cost property services, CostaLuz Lawyers can guide you through the process and carry out legal checks from only 80€ ...

Like 0      
09 Sep 2018 5:23 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Paulsimkiss:

Thanks for letting me know.

Could you also paste here the page at ThinkSpain where the whole offer is described?

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
09 Sep 2018 5:44 PM by paulsimkiss Star rating in Thailand & Spain. 58 posts Send private message

paulsimkiss´s avatar

** EDITED - Against forum rules **

Like 0      
10 Sep 2018 10:02 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Several points Paul:

1.- You are publicly offending me

2.- It is not me but ThinkSpain that send those emails and they do it after consent by members of being included in their database and being sent promotional emails. If you have a problem, contact them.

3.- With that offensive behaviour, I doubt a client-law firm relationship will be possible between you and us so I honestly advise you to ask for prices anywhere else

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 1      
10 Sep 2018 10:48 AM by paulsimkiss Star rating in Thailand & Spain. 58 posts Send private message

paulsimkiss´s avatar

I apologise for any offence caused. I was only trying to advise you that your listing on Think Spain had an error. If Think Spain has made a listing without your permission I was not aware. I only copied the listing to inform you. Perhaps in hindsight I should have PM you, I posted it publically because I thought it was genuine and was only trying to help promote your excellent services and reputation.

I am sincerely sorry.

Like 2      
10 Sep 2018 2:12 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Stokey:

As per your request, I am answering your questions here:

We did an initial action where we challenged the penalty clause. This action was being won in many jurisdictions in Spain till Supreme Court refused it. It was the safest for you at that time.

After this loss, we tried an action against Popular- on an no win no fee basis accepted by you-- ( as it has settled in a similar case) .  Popular settled for the principal and as you know we are now waiting for a preliminary hearing for discussion of costs and interests. 

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
10 Sep 2018 3:08 PM by stokey Star rating. 74 posts Send private message

Maria, I cannot find any mention in my emails from eye on spain about you persuing "penalty clause" I sent you photos of a derelict building, thats why I wanted my deposit back, have you actualy seen the photos ?, and who is "popular" ? nobody at costa has ever mentioned this name!, the identical case went at the same time as mine against the bank, not the latest developer, so after 10 years when do you guess I will get the large costs and interest when the preliminary hearing wont even start untill feb next year, even though I was told by costa after getting half of my money back 3 months ago it should be 3 to 9 months , not for a whole new court case next year, kind regards

Like 0      
11 Sep 2018 9:17 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Stokey:

With all my respect: you have been continuedly informed of everything along the way.

I am checking your file and will be getting back to you. I am asking barristers to send file to me so I can answer in full detail

M

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
11 Sep 2018 12:31 PM by stokey Star rating. 74 posts Send private message

Maria, to be honest I think you are too busy to know how the communication problem has been from costa , just in my case ive been dealt with by around a dozen different people, some of them have left , there has never been one constant person ive been able to speak to over the last ten years , kind regards 

Like 0      
11 Sep 2018 12:58 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Stokey:

Main details of the cases are recorded in our systems. Not to worry. Anyway, as said, I am checking on why we started with action to challenge penalty clause and recover 95% and will be getting back to you, the sooner I can. As soon as I obtain the file from barristers

M

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
11 Oct 2018 5:38 PM by stokey Star rating. 74 posts Send private message

Dear Maria, im sorry but  this is the latest example of not being continualy informed, over the last ten years, I asked a month ago if you hve seen the many photos I ive sent you, and why in an identical case to mine you went against the bank not against the "latest developer" where as far as I can decipher from your bill that cost me 7,000 euroes ?, kind regards 

Like 0      
15 Oct 2018 3:22 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Stokey:

I replied to you on photos when you sent to me a long time ago and have always explained reasons why one action or another has been taken. No case is identical to another. Please email me if you need further information

Kind regards

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
15 Oct 2018 4:28 PM by stokey Star rating. 74 posts Send private message

Maria, ok lets agree to disagree over costa luz communication, when is your estimate time after 10 years of the spanish legal system might I get back my costs to you of 19,000 euroes and interest from the bank, kind regards

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Do I need to renew Spanish car insurance? - 7 posts
Hi everyone - 8 posts
kennel managers - 0 posts
La Sella Golf Shares for sale - 0 posts
Power of attorney for my elderly parents - can anyone help? - 5 posts
Messing about on the water - 1 posts
raspberry pi zero - 0 posts
IF YOU HAVE TAKEN THE PAINKILLER DRUG NOLOTIL/METAMIZOL AND IT HAS AFFECTED YOU OR YOUR FAMILY PLEASE READ & ACT NOW. - 0 posts
Renal wanted in area of Malaga - 1 posts
minimum number of owners in a community of owners. - 4 posts
Alicante metro for over-65s - 1 posts
Information on Gaucin - 1 posts
Recommendations for a Community Administrator in Marbella - 0 posts
Self Employed Rules - 1 posts
Plusvalia on Inherited Property - 1 posts
Currencies Direct - has anyone used their money transfer services? - 7 posts
Community issue - 14 posts
Community issue - 0 posts
Peinsa 97 SL being finally liquidated - 0 posts
Community of owners and Data Protection compliance - 5 posts
Fears about buying a property in Spain - 6 posts
RATS - 1 posts
Bazza56 - 1 posts
model aircraft clubs - 0 posts
Buying Property - Protecting Myself (Ongoing Divorce) - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 29

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x