Ants, ants and more ants!!!!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Aug 2018 5:50 PM by jinxy Star rating. 68 posts Send private message

Anyone know how to get rid of Ants? Tried lavender and other products that are 'kind' to them but no good so then used the Cockroach/Ant spray but still they come back. Any ideas??

Regards

Like 0      
12 Aug 2018 6:18 PM by paulsimkiss Star rating in Thailand & Spain. 58 posts Send private message

paulsimkiss´s avatar

Yes. The spray is no good; it only kills what you can see. You need the Cockroach/Ant powder for them to take it back into the nest and kill them all. Works within 5 minutes, but in this heat new nests will develop so you need use either regular or if they reappear.

This message was last edited by paulsimkiss on 13/08/2018.

Like 0      
13 Aug 2018 9:06 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

If you are really concerned get a pest control company to deal with it.  They will give you a year or so guarantee  

This message was last edited by johnzx on 13/08/2018.

Like 0      
14 Aug 2018 12:21 PM by krysta Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Depends where the ants are. Inside the house or outside.  I had terrible problems with ants in my garden, spraying them just kills the line or the odd ones you can see.  The ant powder didn’t work either for me.  I googled all sorts of remedies and the one that seems to be working is diatomaceous earth (tierra de diatomeas) which I purchased on Am***nes but you may find in garden centres.  Its not toxic to humans or animals.  It’s a fine powder that is made of fossilised remains of diatoms.  The powder is abrasive and punctures the ants waxy body and they die off as they get dehydrated.  Caution is needed when used so that you don’t inhale it and cover your eyes with glasses.  I wear rubber gloves as well.  I scatter it round the perimeter of my garden and on the ant hills.  It takes a few days for them to die off but persevere as I definitely have fewer trails now.  Indoor remedy is cinnamon oil in water spray bottle – just spray in corners etc where they are coming from – that deters them as well and doesn’t smell of chemicals.  You end up having a house that smells of cinnamon rolls but that’s OK.  You can use the DE in the house as well if you have an infestation. DE also works on cockroaches as well!

Like 1      
14 Aug 2018 12:44 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

We had ordinary Ants and those flying winged Ants, dose of boiling hot water with a good shake of bleach in it,  down the nest hole soon put paid to them, and so far not come back, word gets around quick in the Ant community.

Like 1      
15 Aug 2018 10:30 PM by Fhanrah Star rating. 44 posts Send private message

Salt worked for us, poured it on their route and at the entrence to the nest, a few days later there was no sign of them.

Like 1      
11 Nov 2018 4:16 PM by dunworkin Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Cif kitchen cleaning spray works a treat and seems to be a permanent solution if you can also find the nest and give it a good dose.  

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wanted Volunteers - 0 posts
Hair Colorant - 1 posts
Efficient and helpful service in reclaiming lost deposit money from Costaluz Lawyers - 28 posts
Do I need to renew Spanish car insurance? - 7 posts
Hi everyone - 8 posts
kennel managers - 0 posts
La Sella Golf Shares for sale - 0 posts
Power of attorney for my elderly parents - can anyone help? - 5 posts
Messing about on the water - 1 posts
raspberry pi zero - 0 posts
IF YOU HAVE TAKEN THE PAINKILLER DRUG NOLOTIL/METAMIZOL AND IT HAS AFFECTED YOU OR YOUR FAMILY PLEASE READ & ACT NOW. - 0 posts
Renal wanted in area of Malaga - 1 posts
minimum number of owners in a community of owners. - 4 posts
Alicante metro for over-65s - 1 posts
Information on Gaucin - 1 posts
Recommendations for a Community Administrator in Marbella - 0 posts
Self Employed Rules - 1 posts
Plusvalia on Inherited Property - 1 posts
Currencies Direct - has anyone used their money transfer services? - 7 posts
Community issue - 14 posts
Community issue - 0 posts
Peinsa 97 SL being finally liquidated - 0 posts
Community of owners and Data Protection compliance - 5 posts
Fears about buying a property in Spain - 6 posts
RATS - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x