No Community fees? urbanization?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Nov 2017 1:28 PM by Foxychr Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Need Some enlightening or infos , clarification; 

Someone. I know was looking at properties in spain for retirement, they have read that some properties in an urbanization has no Community fees. Personally i find it quiet strange. 

Questions are;

Is there really such a thing as no Community charges? 

Who will clean the Community and how about the  facilties, and the streets and lights maintenance, garbage ? 

thank you. 

This message was last edited by Foxychr on 19/11/2017.

Like 1      
19 Nov 2017 1:36 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

What is referred to as community fees are for small gated communitys for the upkeep of the shared  pool and the general upkeep of the site ....if you live in a  ordinary  street or a road on a urbanisation then you only pay council taxfor the upkeep of the roads /street lights and so on.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 19/11/2017.

Like 2      
19 Nov 2017 5:33 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Typicaly if you buy a house or villa that doesn't have communal facilities, garden, pool etc, then there are no community fees and the SUMA/IBI annual fee covers you for street cleaning, maintanance and rubbish collection, which is done by the local authority

In my case I ive on a street, close to Torrevieja, have no facilites and my own pool and only pay IBI at the rate of €120 per year, so yes they do exist

Remember that in this area a typical community bill is around €40 a month, with your own pool, if you are not lookimg after it yourself, the monthly fee for pool cleaning, around €40 a month

Like 3      
03 Dec 2017 9:34 PM by Foxychr Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Great inputs. Informative.

i would imagine,in a  Golf course complex resorts, definitely they would have to pay Community fees, even if the pool would be private.

Thanks all.

This message was last edited by Foxychr on 03/12/2017.

Like 0      
04 Dec 2017 6:10 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Generally speaking as we all know all communities have fees, however, I do know of one which lets property on the land it owns,  to a commercial enterprise.

The income from the letting covers all the fees which would normally fall to the owners of the properties in the form of community fees.   

But that is the only one of it’s kind I have become aware of since my first ownership here in 1983.

Like 1      
04 Dec 2017 11:14 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Foxycr,

In the main the community fees for a golf complex will be a lot higher than other communities because they are (usually) gated comminities, often with 24 hour security, then there are the added costs - a lot of grass to cut and unless they have their own water supply a- a very large water bill. We are not on a golf complex and pay around 360 euros a year for our fees, residents on a nearby golf complex pay 3 or 4 times that amount.

This message was last edited by Jarvi on 04/12/2017.

Like 1      
12 Dec 2017 5:37 AM by inland_andalucia Star rating in Mollina, Andalucia. 6 posts Send private message

I would like to remind any new owners who have bought a property on a community that there are community fees to pay each year - These are separate from the Suma (which are the yearly council fees, similar to the council tax in the UK but much cheaper) and include upkeep of the community, swimming pool maintenance, community TV aerials and lots more, depending on the community.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2018 7:48 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Community fees would cover ALL shared facilities and buildings or elements, including repairs and repainting of buildings, Maintenance contracts 24 hours a day for lifts, Maintenance and replacement of all parts such as lights, electric garage doors etc. Communal electricity, lights, pool pumps, filters, Communal water, for Gardens, pools, Cleaning and Maintenance of pools, maintenance of Gardens or communal arears, Administration or Management fees,

Security, garbage collection, if not paid in Council fees.

A lot depends on the size of the Community which can be up to 3-400 apartments.

Costs of maintaining golf courses is normally separate as green fees are charged separately.

many of the above costs would be bornes by an individual villa owner but shared in a Community.

So yes everyone must pay their share dependent of size of your property.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Radio Control Aircraft club - 0 posts
Are we just dreamers..... - 11 posts
introductions - 1 posts
TAX REFUND - 0 posts
Hi All - 0 posts
Zahara de los Atunes - 1 posts
Committee members voting at the AGM - 19 posts
Rip off charges by Caixa Bank !! - 30 posts
Land in Valencia - 9 posts
Tracing a taxi driver - 3 posts
Event organisation in Costa Blanca. - 0 posts
NON RESIDENT TAX - 31 posts
bank - 1 posts
replacement car exhaust - 0 posts
Help - 2 posts
Threads disappearing - 8 posts
Hi from Malaga - 2 posts
GREAT ADVENTURE!! - 1 posts
Sky TV and IPTV boxes - 0 posts
Cheap SIM only deal - 3 posts
Can't complete on time. Can the contract be extended? - 42 posts
Winter Rentals - 7 posts
How to contact moviestar by email - 6 posts
Sending Parcels to Spain - with no postal address ?? - 24 posts
residencia - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x