:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Sep 2007 7:26 PM by Pickles Star rating. 141 posts Send private message

Pickles´s avatar

Hi this is tricia from almoradi ive given up smoking since march,well done me

Like 0      
20 Sep 2007 7:37 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Brilliant Pickles, well done.

I am sure that any encouragement helps.

I just lapsed and had to smoke out of the window!

How sad is that? Hubby not amused, he gave up in 1889!!!!

Must be something to do with holiday, Spain, Vino, me being a weak willed idiot and the thought of going home Saturday night, boo hoo!

Kind regards

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
20 Sep 2007 7:48 PM by Pickles Star rating. 141 posts Send private message

Pickles´s avatar
Hi fibby is the weather good might fly out soon tricia

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 10:16 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar
Well.........got back from CDS last night after two weeks shopping, shopping and shopping some more for the apartment (but that's another thread!) I managed to have a day at the beach on Monday - fab weather etc.etc. I went into a beach bar with my son and we ordered a drink - what more could you want? Every table around us had people doing the same as us AND SMOKING! Did I crack?............did I hell!!! I'm soooo pleased with myself. It was the one time when I thought I might but I got through it. Not far off 8 weeks now - although I have cornered the market in nicotine gum! How are you doing Smiley? Did the shock of the cost of your fizzy lime set you off? 

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 10:21 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

This message was last edited by morerosado on 10/11/2007.

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 10:58 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar
Thanks Morerosado - my first pictorial reply!

Like 0      
12 Oct 2007 10:42 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Weel done Cioffi! Its got to be hard when you see others around you smoking, either under stress or in a social sense.

My first husband gave up years ago but still manages to smoke on social occaisions only, never touches them otherwise!

Bit like only eating chocolate in a restaurant but not at home, in the bath or bed........................! Nope - not possible!

Keep up the good work!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
12 Oct 2007 12:08 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Excuse me butting in. (Gerrit, BUTTing in ) but I have pics of Rixxy as a child fixating on chocolate, & as an adult totally immersed in her chocolate fetish. I thought EOS would lurve to see these, well maybe some would. Others look away NOW... Justin will edit anyway

Like 0      
12 Oct 2007 1:24 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Allen Carr´s EASYWAY is very effective for giving up to smoke. Apparently more in women.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
15 Oct 2007 11:51 AM by sunny53 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Congratulations in packing up smoking.  I live in Tenerife (since 200) and my smoking increased so much after we moved here, up to 35 a day.  I stopped smoking 7 months ago and feel so much better for it.  Keep up with your determination as there are times even now that old evil "nic" sneaks up behind me and tries to make me have one.

Well done

Like 0      
15 Oct 2007 11:51 AM by sunny53 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Congratulations in packing up smoking.  I live in Tenerife (since 200) and my smoking increased so much after we moved here, up to 35 a day.  I stopped smoking 7 months ago and feel so much better for it.  Keep up with your determination as there are times even now that old evil "nic" sneaks up behind me and tries to make me have one.

Well done

Like 0      
15 Oct 2007 12:14 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Morerosadao - You got a rare pic of me standing  usually I lie in the bath!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
23 Nov 2007 2:48 AM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar

AN UPDATE.................

I'm still smoke free! Just returned from another trip to CDS, where it is far more tempting as you see more people smoking - and managed not to crack under the pressure!!!

Smiley, how are you getting on? 

Like 0      
23 Nov 2007 11:26 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I'm very impressed. A great achievement.

Like 0      
23 Nov 2007 7:19 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Cioffi1

Brilliant and Well done!!

Taking it a day at a time is definitely the way to go and before

you know it three months have passed without the weed.

Just keep avoiding situations where smoking is taking place until you

are well and truly 'over' them. And very soon you truly will be.

My continuing good wishes for your success.

Like 0      
24 Nov 2007 4:42 PM by Cheetah Star rating in Peak District, Derby.... 15 posts Send private message

Cheetah´s avatar

I use to smoke 40/50 per day - tried everything - couple of things worked but the longest I managed without smoking was 6 months. All the people I came in contact with would comment that I smoked too much. I used to think 'up yours' and light another one. Then one day I noticed all these commenters had disappeared out of my life and that advert came on the TV. The one with Doreen and her oxygen cylinder - I thought I can't carry that as well as all the other junk I carry around. I decided the time was right and I could do it just for ME.  

Will power does come into it but it's got to be your own thing. I know that sounds awful preachy but I don't know how else to word it. So I stopped, cold turkey, 7 years in February. Can't say I've seen a huge difference in my purse or even my health - I've now got asthma - didn't have it when I smoked. But at least I don't have the problems of where to go like my smoking friends have and my house doesn't need painting as often.

Like 0      
24 Nov 2007 8:09 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and support. As time goes on it does get easier - the trouble is I've turned into a monster at home and I won't allow anyone to smoke in the house as the smell of smoke seems to linger.

All I have to do now is kick my new habit of chewing nicotine gum - a box of 105 pieces (2mg) every two weeks!!! Maybe I'll take up knitting 

Like 0      
24 Nov 2007 8:38 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Cioffi, you're NOT a monster, THAT is normal !!!

BTW I could do with a double knit scarf in black.

Cheetah, I'd been trying, in vain for years, to get my husband to give up his beloved Hamlet then suddenly he said after he'd smoked the 400  he'd just brought back from Spain over three years ago now he'd give up & I thought oh yes, but he did give it up, cold turkey & said it was easier than he thought though he says there are moments when he'd love a cigar with a pint. (I just keep him out of pubs.)    He gave up three years ago gone April 9th.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 11/24/2007.

Like 0      
24 Nov 2007 9:02 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar

If only I could cast on your double knit scarf would become a reality!!! My Mother used to knit dish cloths with special yarn (believe it or not!) on huge needles and I regulary did a rows for her when she got fed up with it - but casting on and off.......a mystery to me! 

Like 0      
24 Nov 2007 10:17 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Cioffi, it's SO easy, look here >>> http://www.learntoknit.com/instructions_kn.php3

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Indian in Almoradi - 0 posts
Santa Ana Jumilia - 4 posts
Land opposite Lidl's at Playa Flamenca - 12 posts
Coordinated Lifestyles / CU InSpain - 16 posts
Registering a car in Spain - 13 posts
Indoor swimming pools - 13 posts
Our tow bar is legal! - 13 posts
Why not to buy in spain - 2 posts
HABITACION LICENCE - 3 posts
New investestment in Murcia - 17 posts
Does anyone have any info on Palmeral Villas - 3 posts
helicopterios sanitarios - 8 posts
Spanish mortgages - 1 posts
Working in Spain - 0 posts
Golf clubs - 29 posts
Job Agencies - Legal - 0 posts
Removals from enland to spain - 40 posts
NIE - 5 posts
Working in spain - 3 posts
Family Allowance - 5 posts
Any spanish mortgage experts out there? (in need of 100% mortgage, and 'bad credit' mortgages general advice) - 1 posts
Landrover for sale, - 2 posts
Torre Pacheco - 0 posts
Territorial Army, proud to say the least! - 1 posts
Apartment complex not to specification and Bank Guarantees - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 89

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x