Help with Autonamo Query

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Jun 2017 12:49 PM by Tiggytiger Star rating in Los Boliches / Torro.... 47 posts Send private message

Hi There

My partner set up his own business and registered for Autonamo to ensure he was fully legal and paying what he should be, he was advised by his Gestor that he qualified for an incentive whereby he would only need to pay 50e a month for the 1st 6 months.  His 1st payment was due last week and he made sure he had the 50e in his bank but they tried to take 130e instead which he hadnt got.  Becuase of this he has now been fined 300e for non payment. His Gestor is denying all knowledge of the incentive.  Does this sound right ? Is there anyway he can plead ignorance as it was his 1st month pay the 130e and avoid the fine or does he have no option but to pay the 300e plus the 130e.  Just seems a little harsh when he was only doing as instructed.

Many thanks for your advice.. 

Tiggy 

Like 0      
11 Oct 2017 12:38 PM by Carbray_Lawyers Star rating in Spain. 7 posts Send private message

** EDITED - SPAM - Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 10/17/2017 12:25:00 PM.

Like 0      
11 Oct 2017 2:14 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

If you are self employed.. Your accountants should be submitting your books to the tax man and making any clam's for refunds for you ( that's what you pay them for ).

Like 0      
17 Oct 2017 3:25 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Tiggytiger:

Was this the first month as a self- employed? Did he request the " Tarifa Plana" when he registered as an autonomo?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
17 Oct 2017 4:36 PM by Tiggytiger Star rating in Los Boliches / Torro.... 47 posts Send private message

Hi Maria. I am not sure I will ask him, he has had a nightmare with it all and has since found a new Gestor but he is currently in a mess as I believe he is as ill advised previously and he has jobs got a bill for health €3000 because he wasn’t payjng the right amounts and has been fined and taxed massively.  I think the previous Gestor didn’t know what they were doing but he is worried now cos he doesn’t earn enough monthly to get back on top of what he currently owes.

what if anything can he do ???? 

Many thanks for your responses 

Like 0      
18 Oct 2017 12:41 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
1. Check in the Social Security office on the type of rate you are registered with
2. Submit a letter in the Social Security delegation requesting that they apply the flat rate and return the undue income for the difference.
3.If you are denied the application, you will have to file an appeal.

In the event that Social Security continues to maintain its refusal, you will have to go to court and state all the arguments that we have discussed.

Of course all costs can be claimed back against the Gestor is he/she did not fulfill his work correctly.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 1      
18 Oct 2017 1:18 PM by Tiggytiger Star rating in Los Boliches / Torro.... 47 posts Send private message

Thanks Maria

i am flying out to see him this weekend so I will discuss it all with him and see where he is up to with his new Gestor, I know that he has been fined over €1000 for not paying the correct amount initially when he was told the pay the incorrect amount.

Many thanks again for your help and advice much appreciated 

Like 0      
18 Oct 2017 3:07 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Good! Keep us posted

M

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Insurance cover in Spain, other drivers - 0 posts
Bank Bailouts - 3 posts
Recommendations for Private Healthcare for Expat Family - 8 posts
How much community fees do you pay?? - 24 posts
Car hire yearly insurance policy - 7 posts
La Union Whats it like - 0 posts
British Lions games - 2 posts
Drifting, may be helpful - 2 posts
Hello Everyone - 3 posts
Tapas between Estepona and including Gibralter - 7 posts
black hairdressers - 0 posts
Solar panels - 15 posts
Really free Tv on any browser - 2 posts
My partial win. - 5 posts
out of curiosity... - 4 posts
Mr - 2 posts
La Fustera pro's and Con's - 8 posts
Some problems with Long term rental - 5 posts
Long Term Rent San Javier Aera - 10 posts
Invalid email address - 2 posts
When do I become liable for IBI & non residence tax - 16 posts
christmas weather - 3 posts
Say a prayer for Manchester - 15 posts
register my car in spain - 8 posts
Spain driving laws - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x