How can I submit a 210 quarterly rental income form myself

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Apr 2017 11:16 AM by Nigie Star rating. 109 posts Send private message

Thats interesting Roberto. 

All of owners who declare on my complex seem to use different accountants/tax advisors and all are required to declare quarterly. I was wondering if this is because financially it is better for them.

Please can you point me to the Hacienda web site which states that you can pay annually (for rental income - NOT Non Resident tax - both of which use variants of the 210 form) ?

If I can see that, I agree, the Hacienda trumps all, and that would save me a lot of money.

Thank you,

Nigel

Like 0      
09 Apr 2017 11:24 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

This might help:-

www.abacoadvisers.com/spain_explained/taxes/news/all-you-need-know-about-non-resident-taxes-in-spain#

Extract:_ 

When should rental tax be paid?

If you rent out your property then you will need to pay rental tax in Spain. This is collected quarterly:

20th April

20th July

20th October

20th January

Like 0      
09 Apr 2017 11:34 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

From my first post on this thread: you can find the Modelo 210 form here and Instructions on how to file 210  here.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
09 Apr 2017 11:35 AM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

John,  

sorry for an uninformed question.  If you calculate and declare taxes at the end of the financial year, for the year up to and including before, can't you just pay the due amount in one lump?  At the first of the new tax year?

or is it paid on an accrual basis during the year it's earned.  

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
09 Apr 2017 11:53 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Brian, In my post at 1.24 I was not giving my opinion but quoting from:-

www.abacoadvisers.com/spain_explained/taxes/news/all-you-need-know-about-non-resident-taxes-in-spain#

I have never paid taxes on income derived from letting `property, either for myself or my son, so I cannot quote from my experience,  thus if I were to give an opinion it would only be based on information supplied by ´professionals ´  so I will refrain from doing so.

The OP asked if he/she could make the declaration without using a professional. The answer to that question was yes.

Like 0      
09 Apr 2017 12:29 PM by Nigie Star rating. 109 posts Send private message

Thanks Roberto. I have those forms up now, and the Agencia Tributaria web site, and am digging through and trying to understand it.

I'm looking for the annual payment options.

Regards

Nigel

Like 0      
09 Apr 2017 12:32 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Its OK John, it wasnt as trick question, sorry!

I just wondered if the taxation payment system in Spain allowed you to pay in one payment if you wish?

In the UK you get a demand based on your assessment, and you can pay in one or two installments (or in advance of it coming due on a standing order as i do).

That makes it much cheaper in accountancy fees in my experience, just wondered.

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
09 Apr 2017 12:44 PM by Nigie Star rating. 109 posts Send private message

Ok, looking at the Agencia Tributaria web site and instructions fir filing the 210, it states the below:-

(not this bit, but starting at OTHER INCOME below)

What they havent stated is if you file say only 1 positive return in a year, do you declare that quarter ONLY as a positive return, and the rest at the end ?

I'm assuming they expect that if you are potentially renting you expect to make a positive return and therefore will be submitting a return quarterly. It would also make life easier for the tax advisors / accountants as it could get fiddly if people were only submitting positive returns.

However, if I am submitting the forms myself, I really dont mind submitting quarterly and it looks like you can do it through your own UK bank now.

Can I have peoples thoughts on this please ?

Other income:

1. Positive tax returns (to pay): Tax returns must be filed and paid within the first twenty calendar days of April, July, October and January for income accrued in the quarter preceding these dates. If filed electronically by Internet, the tax payment  to be deposited from 1 to 15 can be paid automatically.

2. Zero charge tax returns: These must be filed between 1 and 20 January of the year following accrual of the income in question.

3. Negative tax returns (refund): These must be filed from 1 February of the year following accrual of the income in question and within four years following the end of the period for filing and paying withholdings. This is applicable to all self-assessed tax returns, irrespective of whether the refund derives from the internal rules of a particular double taxation Agreement, and even if a shorter period is stipulated in the implementing Order of the Agreement. The deadline for filing the self-assessment will be understood to conclude on the date it is filed.

Like 0      
09 Apr 2017 1:09 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I think I'll step out of this one now, because I can see that the matter is open to interpretation (like most things in Spain). My interpretation (which could well be wrong) is that rental income comes under :

b) Income from real estate located in Spain: The tax return must be filed within the calendar year following the date of accrual (31 December of each year). If filed electronically by Internet, the tax payment to be deposited from 1 January to 23 December can be paid automatically.

Other income, i.e .other than rental income would come under:

c) Other income: 1. Positive tax returns (to pay): Tax returns must be filed and paid within the first twenty calendar days of April, July, October and January for income accrued in the quarter preceding these dates. If filed electronically by Internet, the tax payment to be deposited from 1 to 15 can be paid automatically

Perhaps it depends on whether you're declaring income from long term tenants or holiday lets, although I can't see anything to differentiate between the two. If I was doing holiday rentals, I'd just do one declaration of my income for the whole year and be done with it. Or go ask two people at Hacienda and then compare the three answers they'd give me. 

I'm out!

wink

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
09 Apr 2017 1:44 PM by Nigie Star rating. 109 posts Send private message

Thanks Roberto, I understand that.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the online submission site.

I've given up communicating with the Hacienda directly. I have trouble translating their replies using Google Earth at the best of times, so I ask Spanish friends to translate and even they say its not clear. As you say - open to interpretation...

Regards

Nigel

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Which type of Air Conditioning is best - 1 posts
police stations - 2 posts
Transport help - 6 posts
christmas weather - 4 posts
Where are the touristic areas of Lanzarote? - 1 posts
MEET AND GREET SERVICE - 0 posts
Spanish and Uk overseas housing market - 2 posts
EBAY selling from Spain - 6 posts
Health insurance for a period 3/6Months - 4 posts
Constitutional matters in the UK - and their effects on expats. - 58 posts
PVC TRELLIS PANELS - 2 posts
sheds or other buildings - 1 posts
How long does planning permission last - 0 posts
Breathalysers in Spain - 15 posts
Canadian fluent in Spanish and English. Want to move to Spain. Will I have trouble with work? - 4 posts
Testimonial from Adrienne and Irvine Rea regarding costaluz lawyers - 12 posts
Community apartment ,who pays water damage - 9 posts
Android TV Boxes Supplier in Costa Del Sol - 0 posts
Hola! Newbie looking to move to Gran Canaria - 0 posts
IKEA - 2 posts
ILLEGAL SQUATTERS - 26 posts
Late starter for a Spanish mortgage - 16 posts
Drummer wanted - 0 posts
This is the latest police advice to visitors in Spain: - 0 posts
Villa Rental Southern Spain (Costa Calida region) - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 31

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x