Return car with expired ITV

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Jan 2017 10:07 PM by adammeggison Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi We have our Spanish registered car in the uk, the ITV has expired, can i drive it back to spain?

Like 0      
11 Jan 2017 10:32 PM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

As you probably know the formal answer is NO. The car needs to be ' legal' in its country of registration so no ITV then not allowed on any road in Europe. However unless you have a major accident or unlucky to be stopped by the police then nobody will know and you can ITV it a.s.a.p. when you return. I assume that you are in the U.K. now  however a MoT will not make it legal anywhere so don't waste your time and money.

Like 1      
11 Jan 2017 10:37 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Ship it back to Spain on a wagon, you will be looking at paying aroud £500

Like 1      
12 Apr 2017 7:28 AM by aarenabbi Star rating in United Kingdom. 4 posts Send private message

aarenabbi´s avatar

After renewing the ITV you can go to spain. Otherwise it creates problems for you.

Like 0      
12 Apr 2017 10:01 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

While you are driving your Spanish registered car with no ITV back to, and in Spain, to obtain a fresh ITV will you be driving past any Spanish Road side cameras that check out the legality of your car...Like the UK does on UK registered cars.

Like 0      
12 Apr 2017 2:36 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

Is it not possible to book an ITV at the nearest ITV station at the port of entry.  I believe that the same laws apply in Spain as in the UK. in that you are allowed one journey to your ITV station with proof of the fact that an appointment at an ITV station has been made.  Book a Cita Previa online at the nearest ITV station to your point of entry into Spain.  I would also suggest not to push your luck in trying to drive the length of Spain and counting that as one journey.  However you still have the issue of driving your car in the UK and or France depending on your route from the UK.  I would also think thast if you were stopped for some reason in the UK, then providing you are able to prove to the police that your ITV has been booked, they may be lenient with you!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

LA NUCIA TOWN - 0 posts
CAPITAL GAINS TAX DUE ON SALE OF UK PROPERTY - 8 posts
Bargain Loving Brit's In Spain on Thursday night channel 5 UK 8pm - 0 posts
Driving to Spain and paying tolls! - 7 posts
Divorce Attorney - 1 posts
newbie with questions for the community! - 15 posts
Attempting a move to Spain - 0 posts
Cream leather corner sofa - 0 posts
Dream or reality - 49 posts
Somewhere to settle for 3 months with an idea of staying long term - 4 posts
Corvera entered receivership - 6 posts
Advice please - 3 posts
Modelo 210 - 3 posts
IBI Bill torre pacheco area - 2 posts
Seguro Parking - 14 posts
Cost of House Purchase - 24 posts
Need advice for relocating to costa del sol - 0 posts
Amazon Prime Stick - 1 posts
firewood suppliers - 5 posts
Final hearing - 1 posts
White good from Uk - 9 posts
UK plated Spanish LHD Car - 7 posts
Christmas wishes - 0 posts
Your refund linked to Floor Clause in your spanish mortgage - 17 posts
Obvious question I know but any info would be helpful - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x