Travelling to UK with NON EU Wife

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Oct 2016 6:20 PM by ericp Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I am British and  hoping to travel to UK In December for Christmas with my Thai wife and British Child. I have been working in Spain for 5 months and am paying tax and Ni my wife has a residence card as a wife on an eu citizen article 10 residence card . there is not enough time to apply for a family permit will she be refused entry or is she ok to travel to uk with this residence card  Thanks 

body p

Like 0      
09 Oct 2016 7:23 PM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

Rather than rely on the second-hand information just telephone the British Embassy and they will give you the definitive answers.

Like 3      
09 Oct 2016 8:54 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Steone

Perfect answer 

This message was last edited by Tadd1966 on 09/10/2016.

Like 0      
10 Oct 2016 8:40 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

EricP.                 Unlike many, I have a number of years experience of your problem, based on that, I wish you luck trying to contact a real person at the British Consulate and getting advise in your personal situation, and not just a referrence to the general info provided by UK Gov. 

I am in the same situation as you and after ten years married to a non EU citizen we have booked flight to UK for later this year.  A problem which we had previously encountered when we considered such a trip , was that BA said they would not let my wife board albeit that she had a valid PP and an Article 10 resdencia, so would be alowed to enter UK.    

For my proposed trip I have been trying to get EasyJet to confirm they will let my wife board.  They  refuse to give a  straight answer.

My email to EasyJet:

I have Irish and UK passports. My wife has a Philippines passport and permanent status Residencia in Spain. Please confirm my wife will be allowed to board with her passport and Spanish Residencia card.

Please see;  http://curia.europa.eu/jcms/upload/docs/application/pdf/2014-12/cp140182en.pdf

Reply:

With regards to your wife's travel documents I can confirm that all passengers on international flights must be in possession of a valid passport and, where required, a valid visa, unless you are flying solely within the UK you’ll need a passport or an equivalent travel document that is in good condition. For visa requirements, contact the Consulate or Embassy of the country you are planning to visit. 

Like 0      
10 Oct 2016 8:40 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Error

This message was last edited by johnzx on 10/10/2016.

Like 0      
10 Oct 2016 1:33 PM by Destry Star rating in MYOB . 289 posts Send private message

After witnessing the third degree that UK Passport Control gave a Canadian National woman at East Midlands airport after arriving from Spain earlier this year, nothing would surprise me. I just wonder if she would have had a better reception at a larger airport where the immigration staff are more conversant with this sort of thing.

Just a thought, good luck.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Eurona Telecom - 3 posts
Looking to join a concert band - 0 posts
Selling a UK car - 2 posts
Changing Nie Number Details - 3 posts
Changing from Movistar to Hits Mobile - 2 posts
Sub letting in Gran Canaria - 0 posts
Sunny Spain - 2 posts
Banos Y Mendigo - 8 posts
Hi all :) - 1 posts
CAR FOR SALE - 0 posts
Americans Face Difficult Retirement Visa (Residencia de Jubilado) in Spain - 4 posts
ikea ( liatorp ) furniture for sale - 0 posts
Eye Watering Agua Factura AMJASA Javea - 29 posts
New Cross Fit Workout Gym - 1 posts
Well done Do You Spain Car Hire - 2 posts
EU Countries - 6 posts
Peinsa 97 SL under creditor´s meeting - 0 posts
Costa Luz Lawyers. Recommendation - 7 posts
Is Ireland at risk of another banking crisis? - 5 posts
Problems with your S.I.P. card - 6 posts
Spanish wills and inheritence tax - 8 posts
Mortgages on illegal properties: is it Bank risponsable? - 0 posts
Struggles with mortgage payments in Spain - 4 posts
Hi. Removal boxes needed. - 1 posts
Looking for full time job - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x