Costa Luz Lawyers. Recommendation

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Oct 2016 1:00 PM by Susanspain Star rating in Mijas, Malaga. 145 posts Send private message

Susanspain´s avatar

I would just like to say a big thank you to Maria del Castro and her team for helping me with a difficult legal matter regarding a Usufructo recently. They were friendly, professional and couldn't have done more to help! 

(NB Usufucto is sort of like sitting tenant, where they have bought the right to use the property for their lifetime and the actual 'bare - or freehold' owner cannot force the leaseholder to sell their share not be forced out to live somewhere else.) 

Like 3      
04 Oct 2016 6:22 PM by Destry Star rating in MYOB . 289 posts Send private message

Good on you for giving Maria and firm credit, she always tries her very best in respect of forum business. 

Like 2      
04 Oct 2016 8:52 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

I totally agree and remain extremely grateful for the transparency that Maria is endeavouring to provide to us all via EOS. :)

This message was last edited by ads on 04/10/2016.

Like 1      
04 Oct 2016 10:08 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Ads

Completely agree so nice to have such an expert giving  honesr and free advice 

Like 0      
15 Jan 2018 2:58 AM by thomasmathie Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I am sorry to say that my experience has not been so good. The judge gave the banks more time, as such, my case has been waiting an additional three and a half years, that is, after wainting a long time to go to court in the first place. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to appeal this to get the case into the courts again or push them somehow? 

Like 0      
15 Jan 2018 10:41 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

What level are you at in the litigation process? First instance, appeal? The procurator should be keeping your lawyer informed and I assume your lawyer has the facility to bring any major delay to the attention of the General Council of the Judiciary, who I think are bound to reply following a complaint. But you need to ask your lawyer exactly what is the reason for the delay. 

What region is your court? Some regions appear to be suffering worse delays than others.

Like 0      
15 Jan 2018 11:23 AM by thomasmathie Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi

The court is Estepona, this was the first hearing and the bank asked for more time, which the judge gave, that was over three years ago now. I have asked Costa Luz on several occations to compain and push this, they say they sent a letter but they also say they cannot push otherwise as there is no mechanism to. 

Like 0      
15 Jan 2018 12:02 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Estepona is sadly one of the worst in terms of timeframes I'm afraid, which is why I was suggesting the need for this to be reported to try and gain additional resources for this particular region.

Only when this is consistently reported through official channels will there ever be the possibility for a case for extra Government resource to be made available, to accommodate the ever growing lawsuits coming before the judiciary in this region.

Governments are bound by rule of law thus:

1. Accountability
The government as well as private actors are accountable under the law.

2. Just Laws
The laws are clear, publicized, stable, and just; are applied evenly; and protect fundamental rights, including the security of persons and property and certain core human rights.

3. Open Government
The processes by which the laws are enacted, administered, and enforced are accessible, fair, and efficient.

4. Accessible & Impartial Dispute Resolution
Justice is delivered timely by competent, ethical, and independent representatives and neutrals who are accessible, have adequate resources, and reflect the makeup of the communities they serve.

If this level of delays is now deemed contrary to the rule of law, is this being consistently reported and recorded by lawfirms to higher bodies?

If the current reporting and monitoring system is not working effectively to gain the necessary additional resources, (to the benefit of all, judiciary, court administrators, lawyers, clients alike), then surely this needs to be reported to the powers that be?

This message was last edited by ads on 16/01/2018.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Is Ireland at risk of another banking crisis? - 5 posts
Problems with your S.I.P. card - 6 posts
Spanish wills and inheritence tax - 8 posts
Mortgages on illegal properties: is it Bank risponsable? - 0 posts
Struggles with mortgage payments in Spain - 4 posts
Hi. Removal boxes needed. - 1 posts
Looking for full time job - 3 posts
Are property prices about to fall in Spain ? - 23 posts
Changing name on NIE - 17 posts
Monarch - Air Operators Licence runs out on Friday - 6 posts
property value law - 2 posts
I don't have a legal resident contract and my landlord won't help me get an Empadronamiento?! - 8 posts
Yet Another Rental Car Rip Off - 45 posts
bike test - 4 posts
is it wise to move to Spain post Brexit - 45 posts
Using Spanish words in written or spoken English - 3 posts
Plumber - la Cala de mijas - 0 posts
Liability on a 6 months rental - 3 posts
Esta if you have lived in Spain - 0 posts
Customs duty - 0 posts
Diabetes type 1 - Insulin Depedent - Getting insulin & cost - 4 posts
Parcel service for sending small packets to UK - 8 posts
Satellite TV Costa Blanca South Area - 1 posts
Spanish credit cards - 8 posts
Applying for EU Citizen Registration (forms on line) - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x