Hi Everyone

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jul 2016 10:51 AM by FuneralAngel Star rating in Rhyl North Wales. 3 posts Send private message

FuneralAngel´s avatar

Hi everyone, 

Well after much soul searching, weighing up the pros and cons, talking to my 2 adult sons, the decision has been made and i cant face much more time in UK so myself and another business colleague are going to be taking the step to move to Spain, 

I will be going through all the posts regarding moving over as it will be a bit different as we will both be relocating our businesses too, Any questions i have im sure there will be an answer on the boards or someone will know.

My friends daughter is currently 10 and home schooled so we arent sure how this will work in spain, my youngest is 24 so im completely out of the education systems and the rules surrounding children attending schools, who knows a spanish school maybe what she needs to make her enjoy school again.

anyway im off to start reading what i need to start making this move over i was originally thinking murcia region but there is already an english funeral director there , so open to suggestions of where to go but preferably coastal or 30 mins or so drive to cafe culture coastal, not so much 18-30's areas lol more grown up regions

cheers for any advice in advance and chat to some of you soon  

Like 0      
28 Jul 2016 11:40 AM by Plantagenet Star rating in Jaen. 32 posts Send private message

Plantagenet´s avatar

Hello, I see that you posted this 5 days ago and have had no replies so, just that you don't feel neglected, welcome and I wish you, your family and colleagues the very best in your proposed move.  Can't answer any business queries as I am happily retired and refuse to even consider 'business'.

Like 0      
28 Jul 2016 12:22 PM by FuneralAngel Star rating in Rhyl North Wales. 3 posts Send private message

FuneralAngel´s avatar

Thank you Plantagenet,

We are currently looking at Alicante and Valencia regions as we need my friends daughter to be able to settle quickly and we think being in a more expat area will help her so this is currently a priority, We are planning to have a few trips over for long weekends etc and as far as Business goes, i can work from any location online , im just looking into the possibility of providing an english funeral home so that will be worked on as we go along

belle

Like 0      
28 Jul 2016 1:14 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

Hi belle,

Our local funeral director is located in what were farm buildings, just off a main road in the Peak Park's Hope Valley, I don't see why this sort of location couldn't work in Spain. You don't have to drive that far inland on the Costa Blanca to find great conversion opportunities, I am talking Alicante to Denia as I am not conversant with Valencia.

Good luck yes

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 1      
28 Jul 2016 2:39 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

I think that would be a Crazy idea setting up a funeral home for Brits as most of them will be coming home when we leave the EU and I wouldnt start one up in the UK as someone told me it was a dying trade why not a theme park based on the Adams family 

Love Hugh xx

Also Heps idea about using a farm shed to store corpses I think they are doing this on Camposol already at least it smells like it LOL

Like 2      
28 Jul 2016 4:44 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

Looking at your user name hugh, belle would have to use a mallet on you, in order to get your coffin lid closed. winkcheeky

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 2      
28 Jul 2016 5:04 PM by Plantagenet Star rating in Jaen. 32 posts Send private message

Plantagenet´s avatar

Nah, probably a magnifying glass, the size of Jodrell Bank.

Like 1      
20 Aug 2016 1:02 PM by FuneralAngel Star rating in Rhyl North Wales. 3 posts Send private message

FuneralAngel´s avatar

Yes we were thinking of farm buildings semi rural but not that far out it would be too much for clients, i would like to offer natural burial ground too but still looking at what is possible short term then develop longer term,

and i understand there maybe an influx of UK expats returning to Uk with the exit from EU but there will always be UK clients in Spain regardless.

Myself and my colleague are moving for a healthier lifestyle, warmer climate, just little things like that

belle 

Like 0      
20 Aug 2016 1:57 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar

In order to set up a business as a funeral director where you are dealing with hospitals crematoriums etc I would expect you would need a very in depth knowledge of Spanish both oral and written 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Golf bag - 0 posts
Wedding in Spain- help needed! - 18 posts
Looking for a Concert Band in San Javier area - 0 posts
Federación Andaluza de Caza - 3 posts
Does Terrorism unite or divide us? - 14 posts
Terrorism and Religion - 9 posts
Where Is A Nice Day Out + Horse Riding? - 2 posts
Planning permission - 0 posts
Composting toilets - 3 posts
Wanted: child car seat booster - 2 posts
Just a little advice please with putting down new roots in spain - 5 posts
Wanted - 0 posts
moving to Spain 2017 - 5 posts
Planning on retiring to Spain in 2018 - 1 posts
Moving to Spain - 0 posts
Manilva Life Forums - 1 posts
Thinking of buying at Mazarron Country Club - 42 posts
Composting toilets - 0 posts
los alcazares property management - 1 posts
I'm an ordinary uk resident seeking help with moving to spain!! - 15 posts
Health/doctor services in spain for uk residents - 17 posts
Rental help please - Landlady harassment - 1 posts
property management company near torre guill / costa calida area - 0 posts
Insurance company slow to pay up - 29 posts
Removal from Dublin to Balsicas - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x