Just a little advice please with putting down new roots in spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Jul 2016 5:37 PM by Stulloyd16 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi all just a little of help needed. 

We are looking into moving to Spain to put down some new rots for us and are 3 child. Just for a change of life style and some thing different to what the UK has to offer.

I have a few trades be hide me and have spent a few years going to different parts of spain. At that time I was single and didn't have 3 lovely children has any one moved to Spain with children and how did they find it and was it all worth while. 

Kind regards Stuart Lloyd 

Like 0      
14 Jul 2016 11:01 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Why don't You people that live in Spain permanent give this fellow some advice I sure you are all full of it ,advise that is.

Like 1      
15 Jul 2016 6:17 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Like many who ask this question not enough info to help

How old are the children 

What income do they have

Can they speak Spanish 

Health care 

Where do they wish to move to 

Property buy rent

Tax

Etc etc

Like 0      
15 Jul 2016 10:30 AM by GB45 Star rating in Wiltshire and holida.... 130 posts Send private message

Simple answer, don't go if you need a job in Spain. Bringing up a family with 3 kids is very expensive, even in Spain. If you want the experience of living in another country and have enough living money for 6-12 months then give it a go but be prepared to return if things don't work out. The work situation is dire and even with excellent Spanish you will struggle to find a job. Sorry, not trying to be negative just realistic.

Like 2      
15 Jul 2016 11:09 AM by Stulloyd16 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thana for the info my kids are 1 3 & 5 and thinking of renting for a while and off out again in a few months and money is not a problem easy get buy for 24 months just more for if people have moved over to Spain how did they find it having 3 kids .. 

Like 0      
15 Jul 2016 11:23 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

your kids are ata great age for a move to Spain and kids will adpat and learn the language very comfortably they will need help from you and private lessons for the whole family is recommended for the first 6 months or so and get the private tutor to work with the school. Parenst should focus on the grammar so they can help with school homework etc.

Spanish schools are very good but you have to research just as you woud in the UK

Pre school for 3 to 6 yrs is free and optional but recommended as they will help with the language

Under 3 you would have to pay

Health care may be an issue for you as you will not get covered and as part of your "residency" you will have to show you have adeqaute cover and money to live on etc.

Alternatively you could stay under the radar (not recommended) and pay private schools which is always an option

Great life style for kids in Spain as they are welcome everywhere with parents 

Many activities available for kids

Good luck

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wanted - 0 posts
moving to Spain 2017 - 5 posts
Planning on retiring to Spain in 2018 - 1 posts
Moving to Spain - 0 posts
Manilva Life Forums - 1 posts
Thinking of buying at Mazarron Country Club - 42 posts
Composting toilets - 0 posts
los alcazares property management - 1 posts
I'm an ordinary uk resident seeking help with moving to spain!! - 15 posts
Health/doctor services in spain for uk residents - 17 posts
Rental help please - Landlady harassment - 1 posts
property management company near torre guill / costa calida area - 0 posts
Insurance company slow to pay up - 29 posts
Removal from Dublin to Balsicas - 0 posts
Long Term Rental in Murcia - 2 posts
Looking for a local Concert Band in the SanJavier/Mar Menor region - 0 posts
Private insurance and pre-existing conditions - 23 posts
Mercers - 2 posts
Eye on Spain - account approval - 1 posts
BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY IN LANZAROTE (CANARY ISLANDS)! - 0 posts
Information requirement before I buy an apartment in the Duquesa Village - 1 posts
Recommended shipping company/route for leftovers - 0 posts
DoYouSpain Premium insurance - 8 posts
terrestrial tv - 2 posts
New Regulations for Rental Properties - installation of air conditioning - 50 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x