Does Terrorism unite or divide us?

This thread is currently locked.

:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Jul 2016 11:20 AM by ENA Star rating in Weatherfield. 30 posts Send private message

ENA´s avatar

I suppose it may depend on who you think ''US'' is.

What are the Bookies odds on how long this thread will last.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2016 11:46 AM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

There seems to be a lot of 'why France?' comment in the media.

Certainly if it carries on the way it has been going it will result in Ms LePen gaining power.

Is that what the fundamentalists want?

Like 0      
17 Jul 2016 12:30 PM by ENA Star rating in Weatherfield. 30 posts Send private message

ENA´s avatar

Mr Moderator, before you delete this post. This post is public on the internet by Daniel Greenfield, a Shillman Journalism Fellow at the Freedom Centre, is a New York writer focusing on radical Islam.

Muslim Countries are The Most Racist in the World

While most Western countries surveyed are not racist, most Muslim countries surveyed are very racist.

When you do an international survey that asks whether you wouldn't want someone of another race as a neighbour, decades of liberal programming assume that Western countries will summon up their evil white privilege, while Eastern and Middle Eastern countries will cheerfully welcome in the stranger.

The unsurprising reality is the exact opposite. Asian and Middle Eastern countries are among the most racist.

Of the four most racist countries, two, Bangladesh and Jordan are Muslim, and one, India, has a very large Muslim population. Furthermore, while most Western countries, are blue, meaning that they are not racist, most Muslim countries surveyed fall into the red category, meaning that they are very racist.

These include Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Egypt, Bangladesh, Iran, Turkey, Algeria, Morocco, Mali and Malaysia. The only Western country on that list is France.

Meanwhile the most tolerant countries in the world include United States, Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Guatemala, Britain, Sweden, Norway, Latvia, Australia, New Zealand.

What do they have in common? Not a single one of them is Muslim.

Figures like these have serious implications for a multicultural society being constructed with Muslim immigration. It is rather clear that importing large numbers of Muslim immigrants does not lead to tolerance. It leads to intolerance. Tellingly, France, the only Western country on the racist list, has been subjected to large scale Muslim settlement leading to conflict and violence.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2016 12:42 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Hard to accept a survey that shows the UK and USA in the top most tolerant countries

Wonder where the demographics of surveys were

Was in particlular against muslims as a religion or racsim in general?

The racsist hatred in across the USA is very clear and all over the news and an every day occurence

Same in UK and the increase in racial abuse since Brexit shows that

Like 0      
17 Jul 2016 1:21 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I thought the post was about terrorism, not religion? There are terrorist organisations Worldwide, Splinter IRA factions are still around in Northern Ireleand, the Basque separatists occasionally cause problems, there must also be others we don't hear so much of. Terrorism is terrorism wherever/ whoever commits it and is designed to scare the population from its normal way of life. Once they have done this, they have won.

A friend's daughter wouldn't go to London for the day after the Bataclan horror, they have succeeded with her. We all need to let the scum know that we won't be scared, in that way they lose and the population are united.

Mark

Like 0      
17 Jul 2016 8:24 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

I thought the post was about terrorism, not religion?

There was a lot of discussion on the BREXIT thread about religion so the moderators put this message on:

eos_moderators This is not  thread for religion so please stay on the topic! Brexit

If you wish to discuss terrorism and religion please start a new thread.

OK go to new thread ''Does Terrorism unite or divide us?''

But I see there is now a thread entitled:

Terrorism & religion

Like 0      
17 Jul 2016 9:04 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Thanks for that. I lost the will to live reading the Brexit thread, so didn't see that smiley

Like 0      
18 Jul 2016 8:27 PM by ENA Star rating in Weatherfield. 30 posts Send private message

ENA´s avatar

for the benefit of tteedd

The Guardian

Religious extremism main cause of terrorism, according to report

Since 2001 religious extremism has overtaken national separatism to become the main driver of terrorist attacks around the world, according to the Global Terrorism Index

Religious extremism has become the main driver of terrorism in recent years, according to this year’s Global Terrorism Index.

The report recorded 18,000 deaths in 2013, a rise of 60% on the previous year. The majority (66%) of these were attributable to just four groups: Islamic State (Isis) in Iraq and Syria, Boko Haram in Nigeria, the Taliban in Afghanistan and al-Qaida.

Overall there has been a fivefold increase in deaths from terrorism since the 9/11 suicide attacks.

The report’s authors attribute the majority of incidents over the past few years to groups with a religious agenda.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2016 9:23 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

Why Me?

I suspect you took the quote I was commenting on as mine?

Like 0      
18 Jul 2016 9:33 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

tteedd & ENA, calm down guys, you're both singing from the same song sheet, albeit to different tunes, there is enough going on on this forum without two of the good guys falling out. laugh 

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
18 Jul 2016 10:06 PM by ENA Star rating in Weatherfield. 30 posts Send private message

ENA´s avatar

tteedd My sincere apologises, I made a silly mistake. It was Marksfish who made the statement.

Like 0      
23 Jul 2016 12:46 PM by potblack Star rating in Alicante & Singapore. 233 posts Send private message

potblack´s avatar

Tadd1966 said Hard to accept a survey that shows the UK and USA in the top most tolerant countries.

I can understand you scepticism. I think the lack of gun laws contribute to the USA situation. But in the UK the facts are more clear. Yes there has been a recent slight rise in tensions due to the BRIEXIT referendum. But on the whole the facts are clear. The UK is the most multi cultural country in the world. We have welcomed every nationality, culture and religion with open arms that you can shake a stick to. The UK has more mosques per square mile than any other western country, plus an abundance of temples and synagogues. Immigrants have not been means tested on entry and have not  had to bribe their way in like other counties. They have been give access to benefits and the NHS almost before the wheels have touched the ground. They have been allowed to claim and send back home child benefit.

How more tolerant can you be?.

This message was last edited by potblack on 23/07/2016.

Like 1      
23 Jul 2016 1:21 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Potblack:  The UK is the most multi cultural country in the world

I get your point but I was curious.  This site, surprisingly says UK is 109th in the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_ranked_by_ethnic_and_cultural_diversity_level

This message was last edited by johnzx on 23/07/2016.

Like 0      
23 Jul 2016 2:57 PM by potblack Star rating in Alicante & Singapore. 233 posts Send private message

potblack´s avatar

Yes Jonny as always you know more than anyone else. Your index of cultural diversity is biased towards linguistic variations as opposed to genetic diversity and other variations.

If you want to split hairs which you normally do. Head to Chad in north-central Africa where 8.6 million residents belong to more than 100 ethnic groups or to Togo, home to 37 tribal groups that speak one of 39 languages and share little in the way of a common culture or history.

This message was last edited by potblack on 23/07/2016.

Like 2      
23 Jul 2016 7:24 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Potblack

Fair comment but the generosity of the uk govt with benefits etc does not show a tolerant society 

Also there are many brits who work in uk claim child benefit etc and send that money to their families living overseas 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

This thread is currently locked.

Previous Threads

Terrorism and Religion - 9 posts
Where Is A Nice Day Out + Horse Riding? - 2 posts
Planning permission - 0 posts
Composting toilets - 3 posts
Wanted: child car seat booster - 2 posts
Just a little advice please with putting down new roots in spain - 5 posts
Wanted - 0 posts
moving to Spain 2017 - 5 posts
Planning on retiring to Spain in 2018 - 1 posts
Moving to Spain - 0 posts
Manilva Life Forums - 1 posts
Thinking of buying at Mazarron Country Club - 42 posts
Composting toilets - 0 posts
los alcazares property management - 1 posts
I'm an ordinary uk resident seeking help with moving to spain!! - 15 posts
Health/doctor services in spain for uk residents - 17 posts
Rental help please - Landlady harassment - 1 posts
property management company near torre guill / costa calida area - 0 posts
Insurance company slow to pay up - 29 posts
Removal from Dublin to Balsicas - 0 posts
Long Term Rental in Murcia - 2 posts
Looking for a local Concert Band in the SanJavier/Mar Menor region - 0 posts
Private insurance and pre-existing conditions - 23 posts
Mercers - 2 posts
Eye on Spain - account approval - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x