Terrorism and Religion

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Jul 2016 9:45 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

A new thread at the suggestion of the MODs so we can vent our views on the terrorists and the rights and wrongs of religion

Like 0      
17 Jul 2016 11:20 AM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

Well done Tadd for starting this 'new' thread. Isn't it interesting that in over 90 mins. nobody has posted yet on the previous Post people were slagging everybody else off. To quote from a 1960's show   "interesting, very interesting but stupid"

Let the tirade begin

Like 0      
17 Jul 2016 1:31 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Religion appears to be the most dangerous organisation in the world. Whether you be Christian, Jewish, Sikh, Muslim, it all boils down to a magical person in the sky and what beliefs your religion has. 

There are radicals in every religion who read the scriptures differently, how do you stop that? Every religion has something along the lines of "you shall not worship any other god", so does that mean that we all need to exterminate each other because our god is better than yours?

I don't think different religions can co- exist harmoniously because they can be so different, so if you go to live in a Jewish country, you have to live by their rules. If you live in a Christian country you follow their rules.

I am not a believer, but terrorism still affects my daily life.

Mark

Like 0      
17 Jul 2016 4:31 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Markfish

Good post

Why do you have to live by the religious rules? Surely you have live by the laws of the land which is one point I have religion should have no say in the laws or the running of a country as very few countries have only one religion

Many religions claim there God is the one and only and only God they can't all be right so there must be many who are wrongwink

Like 0      
17 Jul 2016 9:48 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Of course, you are correct Tadd, that is what I should have said, but....

Mainland Europe is predominantly Christian and most of the laws are made along the lines of this religion. India is Hindu or Sikh religions and their laws are shaped around these religions. Israel is Jewish, their laws centre around that religion. You abide by the laws of the country that you are visiting/ living in, which usually are shaped around whatever is the dominant religion.

At the end of the day, all the religions say basically you should be nice to each other, not steal and praise your lord regularly. Some people in all religions take a radical interpretation of what their religion stands for and how it should be worshipped. Take christianity for example. Back only a few hundred years ago, we were barbaric, just look at how the catholics wrere treated by the church of England. Spain had the Moors and the Christians dispute. All in the name of religion.

I remember when I was younger and the IRA were running their terror campaign, any Irish person was treated with suspicion. When I joined the RAF in the 80;s, I was lucky to miss a IRA bombing in mainland Germany by a week. I was not allowed to travel to Ireland to visit my(then)  girlfriend's family because of the paranoia surrounding the IRA and other groups. A whole island of people were villified because of the actions of a few. Then you had the segregation of Catholics and Anglicans. Today, it is not as tense as before there are still tensions bubbling under the surface.

We have a similar situation now, where a group of people are being judged by the actions of the few. Problem is, no- one in those communities appears to be speaking out very loudly about the wrongdoings, so it appears that they are complicit with what is happening. On the other hand, are these people just as scared as we are?

Religion.... Ban it in my opinion. It has caused more wars around the world than anything else.

Mark

Like 0      
17 Jul 2016 10:37 PM by noelypoley Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Don't know how they have got away with this religion thing for so long? Cant believe clever inteligent people around thw world believe this brain washing nonsence. Most people believe in what they just happen to be born into!!!

Like 0      
17 Jul 2016 11:12 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Mark 

In general I agree but you can't ban religion what we need to do is ban it from the media education and govt

I could not care who is the next Pope or bishop and I do not want to see it on tv and I will switch off any religious programme and that includes songs if praisewink

It is something that can be taught at home and followed privately by choice only

Like 1      
18 Jul 2016 12:16 AM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

I'm don't wish to start a religious war here but I have to point out that it was not the anglican church that burnt people at the stake issued a fatwa on the English queen or tried to blow up the houses of parliament. Nor did the predominant churches in England and Scotland anhilate the minority as the French did. In fact the churches of England and Scotland were more religeously tolerant than any in the world for the time. What we should be talking about is modern day fundamentalism.

What bothers me is that we are told that we should respect peoples religion when religion gives no reason for respect. We should take the p.... out of all religions equally. Only in this way will people open their eyes to the nonsense they espouse.

I am fed up with the religions of the minority being protected in the media while fun is poked at the existing religion.

When the fatwa was issued on the Danish cartoonist all cartoonists should have protected their comrade and freedom of speech by producing similar cartoons.

Like 1      
18 Jul 2016 7:49 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

The Anglican church as you call it did all them nasty things in the past they invaded raped tortured murdered men women and children

The English and Scottish religions have persecuted there own for non believers for centuries

Take a look a bit further back in history

What about equality for women gay marriage child abuse that still happens now from within the so called western religions

Like 0      
18 Jul 2016 12:15 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Where Is A Nice Day Out + Horse Riding? - 2 posts
Planning permission - 0 posts
Composting toilets - 3 posts
Wanted: child car seat booster - 2 posts
Just a little advice please with putting down new roots in spain - 5 posts
Wanted - 0 posts
moving to Spain 2017 - 5 posts
Planning on retiring to Spain in 2018 - 1 posts
Moving to Spain - 0 posts
Manilva Life Forums - 1 posts
Thinking of buying at Mazarron Country Club - 42 posts
Composting toilets - 0 posts
los alcazares property management - 1 posts
I'm an ordinary uk resident seeking help with moving to spain!! - 15 posts
Health/doctor services in spain for uk residents - 17 posts
Rental help please - Landlady harassment - 1 posts
property management company near torre guill / costa calida area - 0 posts
Insurance company slow to pay up - 29 posts
Removal from Dublin to Balsicas - 0 posts
Long Term Rental in Murcia - 2 posts
Looking for a local Concert Band in the SanJavier/Mar Menor region - 0 posts
Private insurance and pre-existing conditions - 23 posts
Mercers - 2 posts
Eye on Spain - account approval - 1 posts
BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY IN LANZAROTE (CANARY ISLANDS)! - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x