I'm an ordinary uk resident seeking help with moving to spain!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jul 2016 11:09 PM by taylor2012 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi me and my familly of 4 would like to move to spain.. It doesnt really matter where, as long as its nice and worm...

We are originally from the Czech Republic so we are EU members. Plus I hold class 1 and class 2 hgv  c+e driving licence...

How do I migrate there? do i just arrive and privatelly rent a place like in the UK? or is it more complicated??

I just want to start of fresh in a nice and worm place!!! I know that spain is one of the highest places of unemplyment in Europe but. I think that with  EU HGV licence I should get a job.. Or do I need to have proper Spanish Licence??  or do I just exchange it like in the UK?

please some one help me with the information on how to move to spain!! im not rich and would have to rent a place i will bring my savings with me with will be around 5000 pounds... plus how will it work with schools for the kids? thanks

Like 0      
11 Jul 2016 9:11 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Take  a look   **. It will lead you on to other info which you may find useful:- http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/index_en.htm

Like 0      
11 Jul 2016 9:50 AM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

I'm guessing that you speak at least three languages, which is well worth including on your CV.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
12 Jul 2016 11:51 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Dobry den!

The British government website offers good info for British national moving to Spain here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-spain. I would imagine the Czech government offers something similar for you to check for your specific circumstances. 

EU driving licences can be easily exchanged once you are resident in Spain. Occasionally British removal companies advertise for drivers (check English press in the Costa areas), but otherwise I imagine you would have to aquire a good level of Spanish before you can hope to get a job here. Renting privately is the same as anywhere. State schooling is available for resident kids, but of course they're going to have to learn Spanish pretty quickly.

Good luck!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 2      
12 Jul 2016 2:20 PM by eos_moderators Star rating in España. 173 posts Send private message

eos_moderators´s avatar

One post was mistakenly removed. It has been reinstated and consequent posts which are now not relevant have been removed. If you wish to challenge an action  by the moderators please do it via PM in a polite fashion. 

Like 0      
12 Jul 2016 3:23 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Now that differences have been addressed, can we possibly get back to helping the OP? I know that in the UK, HGV drivers are mostly uninsurable until they have six months of agency driving under their belt, is this the same in Spain? If you have a paper record of your HGV track record in the UK this might be acceptable in Spain, however translation may be a problem.

All the best.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 1      
13 Jul 2016 7:14 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Hi l don't know anything about as to whether you would be able to secure a job as a HGV driver in Spain you should be able to check you licence capability out at the Czech or Spanish embassy .But as a so called EU citizen originally from the Czechoslovakia with know border control in Spain  nothing can stop you and you're family of four moving to spain (that is a EU directive) ,hence the reason for the UK leaving the EU good luck a enjoy the warmer climate.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 13/07/2016.

Like 1      
13 Jul 2016 10:58 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

"But as a so called EU citizen originally from the Czechoslovakia ..." 

Literally .... no words!  ** EDITED **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 7/13/2016 8:12:00 PM.

Like 3      
13 Jul 2016 11:27 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

** EDITED **The poster has been given what l class is good information literary.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 13/07/2016.

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 7/13/2016 8:11:00 PM.

Like 1      
13 Jul 2016 11:52 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

I think he means there is no such place as Czechoslovakia any more. Czech Republic and Slovakia since 1993.

Like 2      
13 Jul 2016 12:16 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I think it was actually referred to as The Czechoslovakia - as in The Wirral!

** EDITED - Inciting **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 7/13/2016 8:14:00 PM.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 2      
13 Jul 2016 1:04 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Roberto I don't know anything about the Wirral ( somewhere in Liverpool ) But I have been to Czechoslovakia/Czech Republic/Slovakia/part of the EU if you like 4 times its a nice country to visi as a tourist  Tabor is stunning .l am really glad l don't know that much but the little bit I know about is through experience ** EDITED **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 7/13/2016 8:15:00 PM.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Health/doctor services in spain for uk residents - 17 posts
Rental help please - Landlady harassment - 1 posts
property management company near torre guill / costa calida area - 0 posts
Insurance company slow to pay up - 29 posts
Removal from Dublin to Balsicas - 0 posts
Long Term Rental in Murcia - 2 posts
Looking for a local Concert Band in the SanJavier/Mar Menor region - 0 posts
Private insurance and pre-existing conditions - 23 posts
Mercers - 2 posts
Eye on Spain - account approval - 1 posts
BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY IN LANZAROTE (CANARY ISLANDS)! - 0 posts
Information requirement before I buy an apartment in the Duquesa Village - 1 posts
Recommended shipping company/route for leftovers - 0 posts
DoYouSpain Premium insurance - 8 posts
terrestrial tv - 2 posts
New Regulations for Rental Properties - installation of air conditioning - 50 posts
The legal position of the Brexit Vote - 12 posts
Help! Spanish-German lawsuit on alimony - 9 posts
car parking at malaga airport - 2 posts
Murcia Property Services - 2 posts
Income tax. - 25 posts
Rental Query - 0 posts
Condado internal door for sale - 0 posts
Completion in Spain - 6 posts
Miles & Kilometres Volvo V40 - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x