Car Vandalism

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

My hubby went outside this morning to find we had 4 flat tyres and a smashed passenger door window. Nothing else was disturbed.......there was nothing inside to steal and the bits in the glove compartment were untouched and the radio had not been touched.

We park, usually in the underground car park, but yesterday a car was blocking the entrance so we parked on the road.

So, was this just mindless vandalism or something else?? No other car was touched.

Just be careful around La Mirada and El Rincon area.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
10 Sep 2007 11:05 AM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

Drunken yobs - probably British - I would imagine. Mindless vandalism unless you've upset someone.

Like 0      
10 Sep 2007 11:29 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Sorry to hear of your problems with your car, it's sickening when this happens, bet you make sure it's underground in the garage from now on.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
10 Sep 2007 12:58 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Yes, it would have been in the car park anyway if some kind individual had not blocked the entrance!!

Apparently someone has just told me that they heard a car alarm going off at about 1 ish this morning but were too tired to look out of their window which overlooks where the car was parked !!!!!

It has taken all morning till about half an hour ago to get the insurance ( Those with the red phone ) to get their tow truck here.....................the man on the phone said 'hop in your CAR and go to Lidl and direct the tow truck to your house'..........................................I said, bit difficult, I've got 4 ******* FLAT TYRES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently they cannot come out to see car, which is now on way to garage till tomorrow, but kind friend lending me her car for moment.

And yes, as my hubby is Presidente, we could have upset someone......you never know!!

Good Day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( not )

This message was last edited by Karensun on 9/10/2007.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
10 Sep 2007 2:09 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Well good luck with getting it put back together again, 

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
10 Sep 2007 6:04 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Where was the presidential guard? Personally, I have run flat tyres and bullet proof glass, but I'm just off down to the garage to check on the limo just in case.

Joking aside, sorry to hear about this - for someone to go to the trouble of doing all four tyres, sounds like it was targeted rather than just some passing yobos. Hope I'm wrong.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
10 Sep 2007 6:25 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Roberto, the Presidential guard was fast asleep, worn out by the constant demands of the masses!! I agree with you though, but I'm at a loss as to the mentality of anyone who acts in this way.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
10 Sep 2007 6:32 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Me too, and I really sympathise. After all, it's not as though you beat your evil opponents in a hotly contested election campaign. Doesn't anybody realise, we don't WANT the bleedin' presidency?!?

Hope the little red telephone people sort it out quickly. (I'm with them too - this won't mean our premiums will go up will it? I haven't told them I'm president, so should be OK)

Mark Twain

Like 0      
10 Sep 2007 7:02 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Commiserations, Karen.  The rotten barstewards who do this type of thing are nasty, mindless idiots with nothing better to do.  If you ever find out who did it, let us know and we'll send the boys round (well, not really cos I don't know any boys).  Even though it is only property, the inconvenience of losing your car for a time and sorting things out is a right pain in the neck. 

Like 0      
10 Sep 2007 7:04 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
The people with the little red phone were a pain this morning as I said, but it seems after the nice man at the Renault garage phoned them, that they will pay. We wont know till tomorrow tho, so keeping everything crossed ( difficult!!). Apparently you don't have to pay the excess on tyres and glass, but the insurance only pays 80% of the cost. They are not keen on paying for vandalism but cos the glass was smashed apparently it's classed as attempted theft.................tho how they were going to drive away with 4 flat tyres is beyond me !!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
10 Sep 2007 7:06 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
And thanks guys and gals for all your commiserations.........................made me feel better when I posted .........x

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
12 Sep 2007 10:07 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Well, the people with the little red phone have come up with the goods!!

The insurers went to look at the car yesterday afternoon and the garage phoned us about 5 ish. They had ordered the glass and done the tyres and cleaned the mess up!! The glass will arrive today and we're picking the car up at 1 pm before we go the airport for our flight to sunny England at 4 pm !!

AND the insurers are paying , except for 20% ( about 65€ ) which we have to pay..........but no other excess.

There's always a silver lining................................we would have needed new tyres at the beginning of next year and they would have cost 220€.................so we made a saving ( less of course the temper tantrums ( me ) and all the angst )

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
12 Sep 2007 10:20 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Things always work out in the end, at least you have your new tyres out of it.

Did you not take the registration of the car that blocked your garage, maybe it was planted there so you would have to park it were you did.  If that happened in this country we would just ring the police and get it moved, my son borrowed my car a few years ago after he had just passed his test, he went to his friends and was parked a little way over the drive of the neighbours, instead of just knocking and asking him to move it they rang the police who then rang me to ask if I owned this car, I nearly died of fright and thought he had been in an accident, and when they told me what it was about I was furious, all it took was one phone call to him and he moved it straight away.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
12 Sep 2007 6:00 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

You can ring the local police here if you have a vado permanente sign (think that's the right name of it)  In our private road the Spanish lady across from me rang the police when someone else down the road had parked across her driveway.  The man was trying to make a point as her partner had done the same to him but unfortunately he came unstuck.  It all got very heated but he was made to move his car (she also didn't have a legal no parking sign issued by the town hall)

Like 0      
12 Sep 2007 6:47 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

So Karen, all's well that ends well. I must admit, I was wondering why you hadn't just called the police to have the car removed from blocking the garage? If, as has been pointed out, you have a vado permanente, they would call the grua and have the car towed away immediately. I've done it a few times - it's immensely satisfying!

Rather less satisfying is what happened to me a few years back now. We moved into our new apartment, as I know many others have done, before the first occupation licence was issued. Now, without said licence, you cannot apply to the town hall for a vado, since strictly speaking no one should be living there, nor therefore needing access to the garage. Having parked in the garage a few days earlier, we planned to go out for the day in the car, but the entrance had been blocked for 2 or 3 days by a clapped out Fiesta, the owner of which had very thoughtfully put a hand written sign in the window of, saying something like "clapped out Fiesta - not going anywhere, tough sh1t". No LFO, therefore no vado, therfore alternative solution called for. So, being a reasonably fit and healthy ? year old, and seeing as how the offending car was on a slight hill, and being a fairly light weight car, methinks "hmmmm, I bet I can shift that wreck just far enough down hill, to make room to get my car out". I put all my weight into the task, and pushed...........and heard, or felt, not sure which, a sickening crack in my lower back.

Well, the pain was instantaneous and immense, I could not get up, and literally crawled on my hands and knees to the front gate, where I reached up to the intercom and screamed in agony to my better half for help. With much help, I made it to my bed, where I splayed out and waited for the ambulance, which I'm pleased to report, arrived within 15 minutes or so.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, after several trips over several months to various departments for x-rays etc, the long term result is that I am now a reasonably fit & healthy ? year old with a fractured 5th vertebra which will apparently never heal fully, meaning mud wrestling is definitely out (use the "search forums" feature to work out where that fits in).

And the moral of the story?

Just be patient, and WAIT FOR THE DAMNED FIRST OCCUPATION LICENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New to this site :o) - Invalid in need of company - 10 posts
Altos De Campoamor Ramiro Apartments - 1 posts
Golden Retriever Free to a good home - 9 posts
Playa Flamenca - why so many properties for sale? - 11 posts
Information on Healthcare etc in Spain provided by Age Concern - 2 posts
Allegations period of Marbella PGOU open till September the 30th - 1 posts
Confusion - 4 posts
Internet - 2 posts
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria details please - 4 posts
BBQ's - 21 posts
Order of Postings - 14 posts
deesam56 - 3 posts
Big Increases in Some Mortgage Rates, (EURIBOR 4,763% 7/9/2007) - 3 posts
Norman/Lynne - 9 posts
Electrical Package - 6 posts
Security grills - 10 posts
Changes - 0 posts
Benidorm - 0 posts
Luciano Pavarotti has died aged 71, - 0 posts
Three bedroomed townhouse to for long term rental with broadband - 2 posts
Rafal - 3 posts
La Cala area - 2 posts
Schools in Costa Del Sol - 5 posts
Phone info ....post in here. - 5 posts
Just joined - just starting - 29 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x