New to this site :o) - Invalid in need of company

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by PrincessK Star rating in Warwickshire / Duque.... 27 posts Send private message

Hi all,

My partner (Paul) and I have lived in Duquesa for nearly 6 years now on and off, unfortunately we still have to work in the UK but are lucky enough to be back every 6-8 weeks.  It's only recently that we have started to feel we belong, and want to be here more and more.

Unfortunately I had a boating accident in the port a couple of weeks ago, and are now in a body brace for 2 months.  The help, advice and assistance that we have received has been over whelming, thank you to everybody, especially my neighbour Sheena.

It was people in the port that recommended joining Eye On Spain, now I am gaining a little more strength after returning to the UK I decided to take a look.

All being well, with Doctors permission I will be back at the end of September - I can't wait.  So anyone who see's me with body brace fumbling around Duquesa, please stop me and say hello, we are all friends that may not have met yet.

Angie

Like 0      
10 Sep 2007 8:54 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Que te recuperes pronto! May you have a speedy recovery!

Yo tengo gripe. I have got the flu today.

Cheers!

M

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
10 Sep 2007 8:59 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Welcome to EOS Angie, we have our apartment in Coto Real Duquesa and should be getting the keys in Dec, we are coming out again on 5th Nov as we have rented an apartment on the same complex, if your out there the same time I will look out for you, hope you have a speedy recovery.

Maria - hope your feeling better soon, how is the new baby????????  Have you any photos.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
10 Sep 2007 9:11 AM by PrincessK Star rating in Warwickshire / Duque.... 27 posts Send private message

Maria

Thanks for the welcome, hope the flu gets better soon, and what's this about a new baby??? photo's would love to see them.

Are you a conveyancing or litigation lawyer as I may need some spanish advice on this boating accident. 

Look forward to chatting again

Like 0      
10 Sep 2007 10:14 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

We are both conveyaning and litigation lawyers. 

Please let us know if we can be of help. Also, there is already lots of worthy information for anybody thinking of moving to Spain in this EYEONSPAIN webiste.

The baby is pretty well, he loves "achuchones" ( hugs and hugs!)

Thanks!

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
10 Sep 2007 11:25 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

I'm sure he will be getting lots of "achuchones" Maria.

Don't forget if you have time to post some photos

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
10 Sep 2007 8:02 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Angie

Welcome to Eye on Spain.  Whatever happend it sounds like it must have hurt...a lot!!

Hope you get better soon.

We are in Manilva, I'm sure we'll arrange and EOS meet up soon and you can come along to it.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
11 Sep 2007 9:08 AM by PrincessK Star rating in Warwickshire / Duque.... 27 posts Send private message

Hi Justin,

We took a boating trip from a new company which opened earlier in the year in Duquesa marina.  The skipper didn't check we were all securely seated before he opened up the throttle and when we hit a wave I was thrown in the air and landed on my  coxix breaking it and fracturing my vertebra - I've never known pain like it until this happened - child birth twice was nothing compared to this.

Alas, complete with body brace I am now fumbling around in the UK.  I have to use an electric wheel chair when I go shopping as I can not walk or stand for more than 10 minutes at a time, but I do improve a little daily, the tablets every 2 hours may have something to do with it!!!

I'm trying to get Paul to say 'yes' to allowing me to come back to where I call 'home' even for a long weekend.  I'm not looking at it sensibly, I may incur further injury because of the flight and journey from Malaga airport.

It would be great to meet new people from within our area I look forward to hearing more about this 'get together'.

Like 0      
11 Sep 2007 9:12 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Hi Justin and Angie

We are out for a week starting 5th Nov, would anyone like to meet up in the Port somewhere.

We all met at Becky's last time and had a great night.  Was lovely meeting so many people.  That was back in July.

Hope to hear soon.

Sorry to hear of your awful accident Angie, I have suffered for years with a bad back, but funnily enough doesn't bother me when I am out in Spain.

Here is to a quick recovery.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
11 Sep 2007 9:23 AM by PrincessK Star rating in Warwickshire / Duque.... 27 posts Send private message

Maria

Thanks for the offer.  I have an international firm of lawyers based in the UK working with me, at the moment all the paperwork has moved to the Spanish office.

Whats the baby's name and how old is he?

Angie

Like 0      
18 Mar 2008 11:12 PM by PrincessK Star rating in Warwickshire / Duque.... 27 posts Send private message

Time has gone so quickly.  We are coming back to Duquesa tomorrow - I'm counting the hours.

We haven't yet met any of our neighbours, so if anyone is around to meet up for a beer or 2..... please let us know.

What has happened to all these get togethers I hear about ???

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Altos De Campoamor Ramiro Apartments - 1 posts
Golden Retriever Free to a good home - 9 posts
Playa Flamenca - why so many properties for sale? - 11 posts
Information on Healthcare etc in Spain provided by Age Concern - 2 posts
Allegations period of Marbella PGOU open till September the 30th - 1 posts
Confusion - 4 posts
Internet - 2 posts
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria details please - 4 posts
BBQ's - 21 posts
Order of Postings - 14 posts
deesam56 - 3 posts
Big Increases in Some Mortgage Rates, (EURIBOR 4,763% 7/9/2007) - 3 posts
Norman/Lynne - 9 posts
Electrical Package - 6 posts
Security grills - 10 posts
Changes - 0 posts
Benidorm - 0 posts
Luciano Pavarotti has died aged 71, - 0 posts
Three bedroomed townhouse to for long term rental with broadband - 2 posts
Rafal - 3 posts
La Cala area - 2 posts
Schools in Costa Del Sol - 5 posts
Phone info ....post in here. - 5 posts
Just joined - just starting - 29 posts
PRE PAYMENT METERS - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x