Please shed a little tear for Christiano Ronaldo...

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Jun 2016 8:47 AM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

From today's press:

Cristiano Ronaldo launched an astonishing attack on Euro 2016 minnows Iceland after the tournament outsiders held Portugal to a 1-1 draw in Group F.

The Real Madrid star only shook the hand of one opponent before leaving the field after Tuesday's game and accused Iceland of not trying to win.

Ronaldo said: 'I thought they'd won the Euros the way they celebrated at the end, it was unbelievable.

'It was a lucky night for them. We should have three points but we are OK.'

Portugal took the lead through former Manchester United winger Nani but Iceland – with a population the size of Leicester – equalised in the second half and were saved from defeat when Ronaldo planted a free header straight at the goalkeeper with five minutes left.

I've never liked the bloke since his sneer at Rooney at the 2006 world cup after he got him sent off.  But the above outburst typifies the grotesque attitude of some supposedly "professional" footballers.  The fact he squandered several gifts in front of goal is ignored, but he rants on about Iceland's defence which was superb, a fantastic team effort.  That's what he should be acknowledging - but no, totally up himself,** EDITED - Against forum rules **

If England get booted out I know who I'll be supporting.

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 6/15/2016 10:30:00 AM.

Like 0      
15 Jun 2016 9:15 AM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Yep listened to his comments. 

The guy is a a baby who had his toys taken away last night.  He wants everything his own way, Portugal will come up against teams wanting to stop them scoring, all the top teams do. 

I hope he comes up against it all the time, and next time they lose. 

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
15 Jun 2016 10:36 AM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

The guy is so competitive he can't handle losing, it's an obsession fro him.  I can't say I approve of his infantile reactions and childish comments which drive me up the wall, but he is nonetheless a very good player and can be a joy to watch. He really needs to get that under control. That's where Messi really differs from him; fairplay as well as superior skill.

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
15 Jun 2016 10:55 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Never mind Ronaldo (who yes, can be a joy to watch), it's hard to feel any sympathy for any team that includes the dispicable Pepe. Fair play certainly doesn't even come anywhere near him. At least Linaker and others are saying it as they see it. He should be banned from the game. Disgusting role model. 

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 1      
15 Jun 2016 12:42 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

Lionel Messi makes Ronaldo look like just a very good player, IMHO David Beckham did far more for Man Utd and Real Madrid than him. In my lifetime there have been some players that have taken football to another level, Pele, Eusabeo, Maradona, Cruyff, Charlton, Best and Messi come easily to mind, however Ronaldo doesn't.   

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 1      
15 Jun 2016 2:43 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

This message was last edited by rod on 15/06/2016.

Like 0      
16 Jun 2016 12:15 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

I totally agree with you Roberto about Pepe,  horrible player and a terrible influence for kids watching the game. 

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
16 Jun 2016 2:32 PM by Fartharder Star rating in Loriguilla.. 172 posts Send private message

Fartharder´s avatar

I don't know anyone who likes Pepe, or his Madrid team-mate Marcelo.

I think Ronaldo let his frustrations get the better of him the other night. Had he been playing for Real Madrid against a weaker side, he'd have taken control of the game and scored a hat-trick but he doesn't perform for his country and he never has been able to. He played badly again the other night and missed a few chances that he'd have put away for his club. 

For me, he's always been a bit 'chulo' despite the fact that he's neither as good nor as popular as Messi.

Like 0      
16 Jun 2016 2:43 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

The best Portuguese player wears an England and a Spurs shirt. wink

Like 0      
16 Jun 2016 5:44 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Really hope Rooney gets him sent off in the semi final.   And everybody winks at him as we wave bye bye. 

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
17 Jun 2016 8:10 AM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

No mention of the Greatest British footballer ever Sir Stan a kiss for anyone who knows his nickname without googling it

Love Hugh xx

Like 0      
17 Jun 2016 9:28 AM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Was it little wizard or something like that

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
17 Jun 2016 10:04 AM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

Hugh, 

I saw him play, as I did Tom Finney, Nat Lofthouse, Johnny Haynes and Billy Wright, however the best that I've seen play live is still Pele, closely followed by Charlton and Best. I'm sure that had Mathews and co been allowed to play in Spain and Italy (they were banned from doing so) they would have fitted in very well.

Like 0      
17 Jun 2016 1:09 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

Pele was a genius the best ever ,Sir Stan was a gentlemen and Maradona was a %*&*%$£$&^%

Money has spoiled football 

Briando come on he was nicked named the Wizard of dribble look at some of his clips on You Tube 

Brilliant 

Love Hugh xxx

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

HEALTH INSURANCE - 3 posts
Car Hire Insurance Con - 9 posts
permission from court to relocate with my son - 1 posts
Football Violence - 6 posts
Mail/post in Torrevieja - 3 posts
Self drive in removal van - importation duties ? - 6 posts
Ratten or similar garden furniture wanted - 0 posts
Happy Birthday, Your Majesty - 0 posts
Satellite / TV Package - 14 posts
Hello from utterly confused family considering moving my family to Spain or France. Craving insight from those who've done it!  - 25 posts
Wheelchair accessible vehicles in Spain - 2 posts
hob and oven connection - 6 posts
almoradi - 0 posts
Moving to Murcia - 29 posts
I am searching for a gestoria in the province Castellón - 0 posts
Garden furniture - 0 posts
New to Forum - 0 posts
Spanish income Tax Declarations for 2015 - 14 posts
problems deregistering - 5 posts
Flight Compensation - 6 posts
Santiago De La Ribera - 2 posts
Collecting nie number - 3 posts
New Rental Rules, info re tenants to police - 0 posts
Buying a Property With Squatters in It? - 22 posts
Making a Power of Attorney (Poder) in Spain. - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x