Insure a Quad Trecking business

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 May 2016 3:47 PM by quadsteve Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi all.

Can anyone suggest how to insure a quad Trecking business I bought from a fellow Brit. It seems no Spanish insurance companies will entertain quad treck/safari business any longer. They will renew existing policies but will not start fresh, or so it seems. I have tried everything, UK insurance companies won't insure for Spain, the Consortio wants bigger premiums than the machines are worth, it's a complete mess for me. Can anyone point me in the direction of salvation please.

Like 0      
25 May 2016 4:54 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Maybe thats why the Brit sold you the business, he couldn't get a decent renewal insurance quote.

It's not the value of the bikes that bothers the insurance company, it's the damage done to persons that has the biggest claim payout.

I get the same questions from some customers when the insurance hikes up and they only have a 12 years old car, they don't seem to understand this same 12 year old car could hit a Roller, or kill someone.

Bit of a slightly illegal way of doing something but couldn't the seller insure them for you as he had an existing insurance policy, maybe saying he's your partner....All could be a little dodgy should the preverbal hit the fan though.

Like 0      
25 May 2016 6:50 PM by quadsteve Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thank you for the reply, unfortunately you are rather stating the obvious and rubbing salt into a very gaping wound. It may well be that the chap was deliberately trying to sell a problem.

It seems all insurance companies in Spain shy away from this type of cove, not because it is unhealthy or adversely risky, but because it doesn't make the big corporations any money.

Yes I asked the former owner to renew policies on my behalf, but he had lapsed or cashed his policies, rendering them dead, therefore not renewal but new business, and as new business the proposal was rejected. I need to know if anyone knows of a company still providing this insurance for new vehicles. But thank you for your reply.

Like 0      
25 May 2016 6:55 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Have you tried an Insurance broker rather than an insurance company? Their expertise is usually to find cover from different sources.

Like 0      
25 May 2016 6:55 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Cortijo Valverde of Malaga do trecking (or is it trekking?) tours, it could be worth pretending to be interested in booking a party tour and being concerned about the insurance. wink 

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
25 May 2016 7:04 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Really sorry to hear about your predicament

Have you thought about suing the previous owner for none / false declaration reagrding insurance and / or giving you misleading information regarding policy renewal etc.

You may have a case under misrepresentation - especially if he agreed to renew insurances as part of the contract of sale

A long shot I agree but might be worth a chat with a solicitor and a denuncia etc.

Good luck with whatever happens

Like 0      
25 May 2016 8:07 PM by quadsteve Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Many thanks for your reply. I had thought about seeking legal redress. Again, unfortunately, there were no agreements between vendor and buyer (ms)regarding transfer of insurances. I was aware the policies had been lapsed. I assumed wrongly that insurance, property, water, electricity, council taxes, licences etc would and could all be renewed. I was correct on every count other than insurance.  I do not feel cheated, I feel stupid.

Like 0      
25 May 2016 9:42 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I take it then that you have seen the internet advert for quad biking by "The Espuna Adventure" it must be current as it mentions June 2016, might even give you some tips on how to work out insurance.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish Residencia for Americanos - 4 posts
IT ALL STARTED AT EYEONSPAIN! CostaLuz-Decastro VICTORY AT THE SUPREME COURT FOR OFF PLAN BUYERS - 32 posts
Urbanisation turns out to be built on rustic land... buy or run ? - 8 posts
HELP WITH FINDING SCHOOLS NEAR ESTEPONA. - 0 posts
Experimento linguístico para mi tesis - 0 posts
Ladies Hairdresser in Estepona/Manilva - 0 posts
Golf Developments With Heated Swimming Pools - 12 posts
LON TERM RENTAL - 0 posts
Osteoarthritis in knees and spain - 1 posts
Driving in Spain in a Motorhome - 32 posts
CHANNEL 4 LOOKING FOR NEW EXPAT BUSINESSES FOR TV SERIES - 0 posts
I successfully got my bank deposit back!! - 13 posts
Young family wanting to know best place for expats in Alicante region - 3 posts
The British College vs Benalmadena International College - 0 posts
fed up with paypal rip off - 2 posts
Crown Pensions will be taken in consideration in Spain as from this year. - 16 posts
Check lists to buy - 6 posts
Business Partner Wanted - 0 posts
Making an English will from Spain - 6 posts
?scam email - 3 posts
movoing to gran canaria - 0 posts
Looking to move to spain - 1 posts
Unpaid Communal Fees - 34 posts
e-liquids - 0 posts
Notary & Land Registry Fees - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x