Urbanisation turns out to be built on rustic land... buy or run ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 May 2016 6:52 PM by GeorgeVB Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

We found a great property near Busot, 15 minutes from Alicante. A private villa with private swimming pool, in an urbanisation of more than a hundred houses. Built 30 years ago. All good and well until the bank guy sent an architect to do a valuation. Appraisal came back 40 thousand euro cheaper than the price we thought to pay (which we thought to be very sharp).  Reason: the house is on rustic land. 

The whole neigboorhood is on rustic land!  How is this possible? and what are the risks? I dont expect an honest answer from the real estate agent and not even from the lawyer since it's the one working with the real estate agents, so I guess he is biased.

Can it be totally ok, I mean is this a common thing to have whole neighboorhoods built illegally.... is this kind of semi-regulated after all?  And most of all. who will tell me the truth? We still like the house... but dont want to throw away our money obviously

Like 0      
23 May 2016 7:39 PM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

RUN.......there are plenty of fully legal properties that you can choose from.  Why buy into a potential problem on day one??

LEY 57/1968
CLICK HERE FOR THE BANK GUARANTEES IN SPAIN WEBSITE

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 3      
23 May 2016 8:22 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

All depends our last Spanish house on Campasol was illegal too but we paid the same money as a second hand park home so after 8 years owed us nothing we sold to people for cash and they knew it was dodgy too.

Buy it if its at the right price

Love Hugh xxx

Like 0      
23 May 2016 10:07 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

In other words...you gotta ask yourself - do you feel lucky? cheeky

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
24 May 2016 5:02 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

If the the bank values the property at 40,000 EU less than the asking price how much was the seller's original asking  as hughjardon said if it's the price of a secondhand mobile home around the 35,000 EU mark and you get to live in it for 15 year's then go for it ,but something tells me the owner especially if they are Spanish want big money for it knowing it is illegal so in that case run run run keep on looking.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 24/05/2016.

Like 1      
24 May 2016 9:20 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Run for the hills. I would hazard a guess that there are probably hundreds of Brits who bought properties that they thought were legal, but ended up with the house being re-possessed, demolished and no compensation.  To knowingly buy an illegally built property is madness in my opinion, no matter how long it has been there. Also the bank should not give a mortgage on an illegal property. (If you need one, but as most of them are crooks they probably would). You don't mention how much the property cost, but if it's 40k cheaper than you think ask yourself this question. Can I afford to lose all this money?

Like 2      
28 May 2016 1:51 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

After 30 years it is possible those properties can be legalized

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
28 May 2016 2:41 PM by hosilverlining Star rating in Property owner in Gr.... 173 posts Send private message

If you buy it knowing that it is on rustic land, and want to spend the time and money to try to get it legalised, bear in mind that if it does all go wrong you can't claim that you bought it 'in good faith' not knowing that there was a problem.  We own an illegal property, which was bought in good faith, and it's no fun. 

Just don't. Find something that's legal.

Like 3      
29 May 2016 9:46 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

In those cases, where you bought in good faith, thinking it was legal, if a mortagge was provided, there is a possibility for an action against the Bank and refund of all mortgage repayments made with interests and compensation.

If you advanced amounts off plan, an action out of Law 57/68 against the Bank might also be possible

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 29/05/2016.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

HELP WITH FINDING SCHOOLS NEAR ESTEPONA. - 0 posts
Experimento linguístico para mi tesis - 0 posts
Ladies Hairdresser in Estepona/Manilva - 0 posts
Golf Developments With Heated Swimming Pools - 12 posts
LON TERM RENTAL - 0 posts
Osteoarthritis in knees and spain - 1 posts
Driving in Spain in a Motorhome - 32 posts
CHANNEL 4 LOOKING FOR NEW EXPAT BUSINESSES FOR TV SERIES - 0 posts
I successfully got my bank deposit back!! - 13 posts
Young family wanting to know best place for expats in Alicante region - 3 posts
The British College vs Benalmadena International College - 0 posts
fed up with paypal rip off - 2 posts
Crown Pensions will be taken in consideration in Spain as from this year. - 16 posts
Check lists to buy - 6 posts
Business Partner Wanted - 0 posts
Making an English will from Spain - 6 posts
?scam email - 3 posts
movoing to gran canaria - 0 posts
Looking to move to spain - 1 posts
Unpaid Communal Fees - 34 posts
e-liquids - 0 posts
Notary & Land Registry Fees - 3 posts
Water Filters in Sierra Golf. Are you using one? - 3 posts
LEY 57/1968 WON CASE in FIRST INSTANCE COURT AGAINST CAJAMAR CAJA RURAL FOR 9 OF OUR CLIENTS WHO PURCHASED OFF-PLAN PROPERTIES FROM THE DEVELOPER PROMOCIONES EUROHOUSE S.L. AT FORTUNA GOLF RESORT, LOS BALCONES DEL VALLE & APARTAMENTOS TURISTICOS PUEBLO LA - 0 posts
Discount Codes for DFS in San Javier - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x