Golf Developments With Heated Swimming Pools

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 May 2016 8:23 PM by Independant Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

My wife and I have recently retired and considering living in Spain during the winter months. We're interested in residential developments which have, as a minimum, a golf course and somewhere to swim for exercise in the winter. I'll be very grateful if anyone can recommend anywhere specifically, or provide any info. which will help with the search.

Thank you in advance.

Like 0      
20 May 2016 4:50 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

My advice. Don't even think about living on a golf course....

Like 0      
20 May 2016 7:22 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Independent, I don't share Jarvi view at all.  We owned a place on a golf course near Valencia which was very pleasant - overlooked the 10th tee, very Spanish, but only had an outside communal pools which was lovely for a few months of the year.  I think you idea makes a lot of sense, a lovely environment, but ours was a bit lacking in other facilities.

La Finca/Algorfa near Orihuela is supposed to be quite good but not sure what they have in the way of indoor pools.

There must be some - you might want to indicate what part of Spain you have in mind.

Like 0      
20 May 2016 10:47 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Copitulating? Is that giving into your missus when she says not tonight, I've got a headache?

Oh, and stop mixing your gin with the toilet duck. 

Like 0      
21 May 2016 11:21 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Independent, it looks like there is a plunge pool within the spa facility at La Finca/Algorfa near Orihuela.

Like 0      
21 May 2016 12:55 PM by Independant Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

Thank you acer - yes, it looks like La Finca only has a plunge pool. I need a pool which is at least 20 metres long. 

We're looking at anywhere in southern Spain or The Canaries.

Like 0      
21 May 2016 5:53 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Mazarron country club  has a indoor heated pool but does not have a golf course on the site ,l don't see any problem with that because their are at least threee 18 hole clubs within 10 minutes drive .

Like 0      
21 May 2016 6:44 PM by Independant Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

Thanks windtalker. Mazarron looks OK but I would ideally like a to be able to walk to a golf course so I can indulge at the 19th hole without having to worry about driving.

Like 0      
21 May 2016 6:47 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Have a look at La Cala Golf.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
21 May 2016 7:50 PM by Independant Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

Many thanks Hephaestus. This is just what we were thinking of with the added benefit of three golf courses. This one is a definite contender.

Like 0      
22 May 2016 5:27 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

If you decide to have a look around the area I advise that you check out the local town of Coin, La Cala Costa is also worth a visit, if you can handle a good walk you can pick up the boardwark there and walk sea front to Puerto Cabopino, which is a mini Puerto Banus. Our favourite village is Benalmadea Pueblo, we can't get on with Mijas Pueblo, but you guys make your own minds up. You would be close to Malaga airport and between Malaga and Marbella general hospitals (just in case).

Happy hunting. yes 

This message was last edited by Hephaestus on 22/05/2016.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
22 May 2016 6:42 PM by Independant Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

Many thanks Hephaestus - that's really useful information. We're looking forward to exploring the area.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

LON TERM RENTAL - 0 posts
Osteoarthritis in knees and spain - 1 posts
Driving in Spain in a Motorhome - 32 posts
CHANNEL 4 LOOKING FOR NEW EXPAT BUSINESSES FOR TV SERIES - 0 posts
I successfully got my bank deposit back!! - 13 posts
Young family wanting to know best place for expats in Alicante region - 3 posts
The British College vs Benalmadena International College - 0 posts
fed up with paypal rip off - 2 posts
Crown Pensions will be taken in consideration in Spain as from this year. - 16 posts
Check lists to buy - 6 posts
Business Partner Wanted - 0 posts
Making an English will from Spain - 6 posts
?scam email - 3 posts
movoing to gran canaria - 0 posts
Looking to move to spain - 1 posts
Unpaid Communal Fees - 34 posts
e-liquids - 0 posts
Notary & Land Registry Fees - 3 posts
Water Filters in Sierra Golf. Are you using one? - 3 posts
LEY 57/1968 WON CASE in FIRST INSTANCE COURT AGAINST CAJAMAR CAJA RURAL FOR 9 OF OUR CLIENTS WHO PURCHASED OFF-PLAN PROPERTIES FROM THE DEVELOPER PROMOCIONES EUROHOUSE S.L. AT FORTUNA GOLF RESORT, LOS BALCONES DEL VALLE & APARTAMENTOS TURISTICOS PUEBLO LA - 0 posts
Discount Codes for DFS in San Javier - 0 posts
Register car in spain confused - 4 posts
Register car in spain - 0 posts
Send mobile top up - 0 posts
Moving to spain from the UK- - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x