Notary & Land Registry Fees

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 May 2016 8:01 PM by DelandMax Star rating in Berkshire. 63 posts Send private message

Hello,

Can I find out anywhere the accurate cost of notary & land registry fees outside of what my solicitor might say they are?

I completed on a property 3 months ago through POA. When given a breakdown of all fees, just prior to completion, taxes, solicitor fees, notary & land registry, etc, I noticed that notary & land registry fees were grouped into one cost.

Further, I felt that the cost quoted was rather high and IMO approx 50% more than it should be. The cost quoted was a very specific amount (not a rounded off number)

As such, I queried it with my solicitor and asked for a further breakdown of seperate cost for notary fee and seperate cost of land registry fee. It was only at this point that they informed me that the amount I paid them for notary & land registry was a preliminary/estimated cost.

When questoned further, they stated that they won't know the exact cost of notary & land registry fees untl they have the original Escritura back. They said they will get in touch with me when this happens.

While I felt it was a bit off of them for not originally explaining to me that these particular fees were going to be estimated, I felt all I could do at that point was wait.

Can anyone tell me if I can find out what these fees were elsewhere? Also, if in the current climate, 3 months from completion is enough time to have waited?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Like 0      
13 May 2016 10:20 AM by lobin Star rating. 256 posts Send private message

Here is a website that provides a page for calculating notary and registry fees.  It is in Spanish (I could not find anything like this in English) but perhaps you or some friend can figure it out.

You have to click on "compra de una vivienda" (purchase of a home) and then fill in the blanks.  It asks for price, number of pages of the Deed of Purchase, whether there is more than one purchaser, whether you are keeping the sellelr's mortgage, whether a garage or storage room is included.

If you are mortgaging the property, not keeping an original mortgage to the seller, then you also need to click on an addition link depending on whether it is a new mortgage (apertura) or additional guarantee on an existing one as this generate separate and additional Notary and Registry fees.

https://www.ocu.org/inversiones/calcule-la-minuta-de-notario-y-registrador-s4825074.htm

Like 0      
13 May 2016 3:58 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

The number of variables mentioned in Lobin's post may explain why your lawyer only gave you an estimated cost. I think this is normal by the way, and the lawyer will usually over-estimate rather than the other way round. If you paid in advance "on account", when everything is completed you should get back any difference. The notary and land registry fees should be detailed on individual invoices which your lawyer will pass on to you (important to keep them all for the future!)

Yes, three months (in any climate) is more than enough time. Apply pressure!

This message was last edited by Roberto on 13/05/2016.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
29 May 2016 9:57 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Sometimes Registration of properties take several months. That might be the reason for the delay.

Yes, your lawyer will provide Notary and Registrar´s invoices to you

M

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Water Filters in Sierra Golf. Are you using one? - 3 posts
LEY 57/1968 WON CASE in FIRST INSTANCE COURT AGAINST CAJAMAR CAJA RURAL FOR 9 OF OUR CLIENTS WHO PURCHASED OFF-PLAN PROPERTIES FROM THE DEVELOPER PROMOCIONES EUROHOUSE S.L. AT FORTUNA GOLF RESORT, LOS BALCONES DEL VALLE & APARTAMENTOS TURISTICOS PUEBLO LA - 0 posts
Discount Codes for DFS in San Javier - 0 posts
Register car in spain confused - 4 posts
Register car in spain - 0 posts
Send mobile top up - 0 posts
Moving to spain from the UK- - 6 posts
Kitchen Install Problems - 4 posts
EU Welfare Benefits - 5 posts
Trade a scrap car in for a new one - 3 posts
Fireplace Surrounds & Fires - 2 posts
Legal tip 1384. FREE revision of mortgage deeds - 0 posts
Any ideas for property in Villamartin area, Orihuela Costa. - 7 posts
entire Apartment contents for Sale Marbella excellent furniture and condition - 1 posts
Camposol Sector C - 13 posts
Good-cond CAR WANTED - 120 CV upwards. - 0 posts
GE Money have sold their mortgage book to OTAGAZ Gestion Hipotecaria - 51 posts
winter let around Malaga near coast. - 4 posts
Attention of EOS team re spam messages - 5 posts
hihic card - 1 posts
power of attorney - 9 posts
long term rentals - 8 posts
Legal tip 1383.A SPANISH BANK REPOSSESSING YOUR SPANISH HOME?  DO NOT PANIC - 0 posts
Proof of uk residency required...bank says info required from British embassy? - 20 posts
A UK with a euro account - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x