Register car in spain confused

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 May 2016 7:19 PM by Hz Star rating in lincolnshire. 32 posts Send private message

Can anyone tell me where I can find  a company or gestor to help me register my car in Spain. Have had one Quote for 1750 Euros but have only had one Quote and can't find anyone else. Someone said to look in English press as there are loads but I can't find any. Other than that is it worth trying to sell my car here and buy a second hand Spanish one heard they are expensive here. Think the quote I had did not include the lights. Am in the Alicante province not sure what to do for the best need more advice. Know the quote depends on make model etc of car but would have liked to shop around  for more quotes they say it includes their fee but did not say what that was our car worth about £4000 now. Help please

Like 0      
10 May 2016 8:21 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

HZ You might get more help on this forum http://www.torrevieja.co.uk/torrevieja-forum if you dont get the answer on this forum.

Like 0      
10 May 2016 10:13 PM by Hz Star rating in lincolnshire. 32 posts Send private message

10 May 2016 10:52 PM by broph Star rating. 147 posts Send private message

Hi, only my opinion but, if your current car is  a UK registered and left hand drive vehicle ,then it's best to sell in UK, and buy a Spanish registered vehicle.

Yes , cars in Spain can be more expensive to buy compared to UK but you will find it easier driving in Spain with right hand drive vehicle and also saves expense and effort in having your car headlights converted ,  re-registering , ITV ( Spanish MOT ). and possibly having to pay import duty .? 

Regards

Like 0      
11 May 2016 9:39 AM by broph Star rating. 147 posts Send private message

Oops, just realised I've had a senior moment. 

I had meant to say if your current car is UK registered and RIGHT hand drive ...........

likewise ... It's easier driving in Spain in a LEFT hand drive car....

Regards

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Register car in spain - 0 posts
Send mobile top up - 0 posts
Moving to spain from the UK- - 6 posts
Kitchen Install Problems - 4 posts
EU Welfare Benefits - 5 posts
Trade a scrap car in for a new one - 3 posts
Fireplace Surrounds & Fires - 2 posts
Legal tip 1384. FREE revision of mortgage deeds - 0 posts
Any ideas for property in Villamartin area, Orihuela Costa. - 7 posts
entire Apartment contents for Sale Marbella excellent furniture and condition - 1 posts
Camposol Sector C - 13 posts
Good-cond CAR WANTED - 120 CV upwards. - 0 posts
GE Money have sold their mortgage book to OTAGAZ Gestion Hipotecaria - 51 posts
winter let around Malaga near coast. - 4 posts
Attention of EOS team re spam messages - 5 posts
hihic card - 1 posts
power of attorney - 9 posts
long term rentals - 8 posts
Legal tip 1383.A SPANISH BANK REPOSSESSING YOUR SPANISH HOME?  DO NOT PANIC - 0 posts
Proof of uk residency required...bank says info required from British embassy? - 20 posts
A UK with a euro account - 3 posts
Communion and confirmations - 0 posts
CCTV IN A Community - 30 posts
New to the board - Yorkshire family looking to re locate - 1 posts
Life and work in spain - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x