fed up with paypal rip off

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 May 2016 12:05 AM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 195 posts Send private message

Hi, I have a spanish paypal account and a spanish bank account linked to ebay. 95% of my ebay purchases are from uk sellers. Paypal take a ridiculous amount of euros and convert to GBP.  I am thinking of trying to delete my spanish bank account and sustitute it for my uk bank account. that way there will be no currency exchange on purchases. Has anyone tried this and got away with it. thanks.

Like 0      
17 May 2016 10:05 AM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

Set up two EBAY accounts and two PAYPAL accounts with defferent email addresses. One for UK purchases Spanish purposes. I think the Paypal account is denominated in your "local" currency. Problem solved. Only problem might be with delivery addresses.

Saludos

Juan

Like 0      
17 May 2016 8:01 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I had 2 Paypal accounts, one Euro and one Sterling. You can unlink your Paypal account from eBay and link another (or you used to be able to), but as already stated, delivery verification may be a problem. You have a UK bank account, do you have a UK credit card?

Alternatively, you can elect not to accept the Paypal conversion on purchases and rely on the bank rate (okay in reverse for Halifax Clarity and Nationwide (still free in EU I think) credit card holders). When I purchased from China in USD, I took the latter option and saved money on each transaction, it is similar to refusing the dynamic currency conversion at the ATM. That said, Spanish banks charge for card use don't they? Paypal may be the cheaper option.

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Crown Pensions will be taken in consideration in Spain as from this year. - 16 posts
Check lists to buy - 6 posts
Business Partner Wanted - 0 posts
Making an English will from Spain - 6 posts
?scam email - 3 posts
movoing to gran canaria - 0 posts
Looking to move to spain - 1 posts
Unpaid Communal Fees - 34 posts
e-liquids - 0 posts
Notary & Land Registry Fees - 3 posts
Water Filters in Sierra Golf. Are you using one? - 3 posts
LEY 57/1968 WON CASE in FIRST INSTANCE COURT AGAINST CAJAMAR CAJA RURAL FOR 9 OF OUR CLIENTS WHO PURCHASED OFF-PLAN PROPERTIES FROM THE DEVELOPER PROMOCIONES EUROHOUSE S.L. AT FORTUNA GOLF RESORT, LOS BALCONES DEL VALLE & APARTAMENTOS TURISTICOS PUEBLO LA - 0 posts
Discount Codes for DFS in San Javier - 0 posts
Register car in spain confused - 4 posts
Register car in spain - 0 posts
Send mobile top up - 0 posts
Moving to spain from the UK- - 6 posts
Kitchen Install Problems - 4 posts
EU Welfare Benefits - 5 posts
Trade a scrap car in for a new one - 3 posts
Fireplace Surrounds & Fires - 2 posts
Legal tip 1384. FREE revision of mortgage deeds - 0 posts
Any ideas for property in Villamartin area, Orihuela Costa. - 7 posts
entire Apartment contents for Sale Marbella excellent furniture and condition - 1 posts
Camposol Sector C - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x