Osteoarthritis in knees and spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 May 2016 10:06 AM by Strawberries51 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi all. What a great site, loads of info. My hubby and I have long been discussing moving to axarquia area of Spain. he recently been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in his knees, which are sometimes very painful. My questions are. 1. Will the warmer climate help with this. And 2. We are both drawing our state pension and wonderwhat the current status re. Health care is, and hospitals/doctors around the Algarrobo/Media area is. We are going to criticisms in 3 weeks to look around again. (We went to Sayalonga last year) and loved it.

Like 0      
18 May 2016 12:11 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Hi, as a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer of some years I will say the following. Both flavours of arthritis benefit from a warmer and dryer climate, my condition is classed as advanced and is kept in check with weekly self injections of methotrexate followed by a folic acid tablet two days later. I require regular blood checks (my rheumatoid blood factor is 80, whereas a normal read would be circa 20), I take regular exercise and try to keep my weight down, and my blood pressure on the high side of normal. Your hubby would be well advised to get himself registered with the rheumatoligy department of a Spanish hospital, the average GP (in my experience) knows next to nothing about arthritis, I was within circa 18 months of losing the use of my right hand when they finally referred me to a top teaching hospital, they were superb.

I wonder if your husband's current rheumatoligist could refer him to his/her equivelant in Spain, and remember when taking out travel insurance to declare his condition and medications, I use Flexicover as their on-line medical screening is quick and easy, plus they are not expensive.

Good luck to you..

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Driving in Spain in a Motorhome - 32 posts
CHANNEL 4 LOOKING FOR NEW EXPAT BUSINESSES FOR TV SERIES - 0 posts
I successfully got my bank deposit back!! - 13 posts
Young family wanting to know best place for expats in Alicante region - 3 posts
The British College vs Benalmadena International College - 0 posts
fed up with paypal rip off - 2 posts
Crown Pensions will be taken in consideration in Spain as from this year. - 16 posts
Check lists to buy - 6 posts
Business Partner Wanted - 0 posts
Making an English will from Spain - 6 posts
?scam email - 3 posts
movoing to gran canaria - 0 posts
Looking to move to spain - 1 posts
Unpaid Communal Fees - 34 posts
e-liquids - 0 posts
Notary & Land Registry Fees - 3 posts
Water Filters in Sierra Golf. Are you using one? - 3 posts
LEY 57/1968 WON CASE in FIRST INSTANCE COURT AGAINST CAJAMAR CAJA RURAL FOR 9 OF OUR CLIENTS WHO PURCHASED OFF-PLAN PROPERTIES FROM THE DEVELOPER PROMOCIONES EUROHOUSE S.L. AT FORTUNA GOLF RESORT, LOS BALCONES DEL VALLE & APARTAMENTOS TURISTICOS PUEBLO LA - 0 posts
Discount Codes for DFS in San Javier - 0 posts
Register car in spain confused - 4 posts
Register car in spain - 0 posts
Send mobile top up - 0 posts
Moving to spain from the UK- - 6 posts
Kitchen Install Problems - 4 posts
EU Welfare Benefits - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x