starting off in the sun

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Apr 2016 10:05 PM by mally001 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

can anybody please offer some advice

i am moving to spain this year , and am very aware that my biggest problem will be boredom

can anybody tell me the reason or the obsticles why , i cannot bring over a" stop me and buy one "

ice cream bike , and sell ices ect by the beach ?

i am sure there must be a reason they are not there yet ??

many thanks

Like 0      
18 Apr 2016 10:38 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

I don't know for certain, but I believe there are laws/rules in place which forbid the selling of ices etc from mobile units and that is why you do not see any of the traditional-type ice cream vans around.

Maybe someone a bit better informed could give more info?

Steve

Steve.

Like 1      
19 Apr 2016 10:17 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

i am moving to spain this year , and am very aware that my biggest problem will be boredom

can anybody tell me the reason or the obsticles why , i cannot bring over a" stop me and buy one "

ice cream bike , and sell ices ect by the beach ?

i am sure there must be a reason they are not there yet ??

Spain is pretty much like all places in that you can do what you like....Until you get caught doing it that is.

I guess you will start up at first to try it out, sort of by not informing the authorities.

I could imagine that some sort of laws / regulations / health issues are strongly enforced (If they know about you) to storing ice creams and lollies in a low temperature due to the high outside temperature, and in Spain when you fancy an ice cream it's always very hot, can a freezer box on a bike cope with this?

Many of the beaches I have been on have had a cafe close by selling drinks, ice's etc and usually / maybe run by a Spaniard, so they could well be your first opposition.

Just a suggestion if you are intent on doing it perhaps ask one of these cafes to supply you with the ice's to re-sell, or sell on the cafes behalf, they sell more, you get the feel to see if it would work.

The biggest reason I can give you as to why they are not there yet is like all business's.....if you can think of it probably so has someone else, and that someone else may have tried it, with no success, no call for it.

Thats not to say it wont work, it could well be one of those idea's that has missed everyone, you know like the "Blindingly obvious" 

Like 2      
19 Apr 2016 12:18 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Are you serious or taking the piss.

Like 1      
19 Apr 2016 1:33 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Italian intelligence chiefs say ISIS have formed 'concrete plans' to pose as refugees serving tourists refreshments or hawking beach accessories and T-shirts on resorts across Europe this summer. German media reports that ISIS is sending jihadists to pretend to sell refreshments before detonating suicide vests and bombs buried under sun loungers at Spanish, French and Italian resorts, include the popular Costa Del Sol in Spain

You might want to put that idea on hold for the time being.

Like 0      
19 Apr 2016 2:27 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I think ISIS will be the least of your worries if you try flogging ice creams from a bike right under the noses of the plethora of established beach bars/cafes/kiosks etc. already selling them, without getting a licence to operate first in what surely must be a pretty well saturated market.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wanting to move to Majorca from UK within the next few months - 8 posts
Ley 57/68 - 26 posts
Uk car in Spain - 4 posts
sparky required - 0 posts
entities - 11 posts
spanish mortgages - 26 posts
IBI Uprating - 8 posts
Transfer of ownership of a motor vechicle not done by Garage(Buyer) - 8 posts
Newbies help - 0 posts
Looking for a second hand 7 seater/jeep - 0 posts
Very Small Dog wanted. - 1 posts
Solicitor - 85 posts
long term rental - 6 posts
IBI number for payment of property tax - 3 posts
new to eye on spain - 19 posts
IHT REFUNDS - 2 posts
Andrew - 9 posts
Spain to Stop Siestas - 54 posts
Budgeting for Living - 5 posts
Panama Papers, tax evaders - 4 posts
private hire drivers in marbella - 5 posts
UK Vehicle and Driving License check on-line, as used by Spanish Police - 9 posts
Mojon Hills, Isla Plana-Looking for tutors for high school English and Math - 0 posts
Spanish legal fees - taken all of our Interest on deposit - 42 posts
flight insurance - 25 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x